Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 30th, '15, 01:07

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by bryan_drinks_tea » Aug 30th, '15, 01:07

bilochun wrote:Buddhas tea from teatrekker. really not enjoying this tea as much as i thought. i think i'm done buying chinese greens...at least for a while
Please don't be discouraged. I'd advise trying a different vendor, like Jing in China (not the one in England). They have a pretty good selection.

Aug 30th, '15, 22:00
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 30th, '15, 22:00

Sanxia longjing I picked up in Taipei. Very different from Chinese longjing, that's for sure!

Sep 2nd, '15, 15:02

by JRS22 » Sep 2nd, '15, 15:02

bilochun wrote:Buddhas tea from teatrekker. really not enjoying this tea as much as i thought. i think i'm done buying chinese greens...at least for a while
Buddha's tea is one of the less expensive Chinese greens which tea trekker describes as an inexpensive An Ji Bai Cha. I don't think this year's is as good as the 2014. You might prefer some of their other selections.

If you're in the USA Seven Cups is another good source for Chinese greens.

Sep 3rd, '15, 00:36
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 3rd, '15, 00:36

Still drinking the Sanxia longjing. This tea is much more tolerant of high temperatures than the Chinese kind, and the leaves are much, much larger. When brewed with cooler water a la longjing, I get maltiness and bean along with a certain pleasant fruitiness. Very pleasant. It's not the longjing I'm used to, but it's enjoyable drinking nonetheless! I also picked up 100g of Sanxia biluochun and 100g of medium roast Maokong TGY.

I am definitely set for quite a while as far as greens go; Chinese, Japanese and Taiwanese, along with Vietnamese and Myanmar greens. Funny, my tea journey started with pu erh, then I went to oolongs, and now greens are my main thing...

Sep 3rd, '15, 23:25

by Frisbeehead » Sep 3rd, '15, 23:25

jayinhk wrote:Still drinking the Sanxia longjing. This tea is much more tolerant of high temperatures than the Chinese kind, and the leaves are much, much larger. When brewed with cooler water a la longjing, I get maltiness and bean along with a certain pleasant fruitiness. Very pleasant. It's not the longjing I'm used to, but it's enjoyable drinking nonetheless! I also picked up 100g of Sanxia biluochun and 100g of medium roast Maokong TGY.

I am definitely set for quite a while as far as greens go; Chinese, Japanese and Taiwanese, along with Vietnamese and Myanmar greens. Funny, my tea journey started with pu erh, then I went to oolongs, and now greens are my main thing...
Interesting how that happens right?

I was set on Taiwanese oolongs for a few months, but lately I've been drinking pretty much nothing but Wuyi rock tea and Japanese greens. It's probably because I bought a yixing pot and a good kyusu...the teaware tends to have an effect on the tea I drink. I should start using my gaiwan more often again.

But using a teapot is so much fun 8)

Sep 6th, '15, 23:03
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 6th, '15, 23:03

There is so much great tea out there, you can never get bored of it :) back on the longjing again. I much prefer the sanxia biluochun.

Sep 7th, '15, 12:44

by Puerlife » Sep 7th, '15, 12:44

Japan met China on my tea table today and it went very well. The green gaiwan is the brewing vessel but the blue one has two uses. I pour the hot water into it and let it cool, then pour it onto the leaves, and after that the tea goes back into the blue one, ready to drink. Until today the blue one was then my cup but now I have cups that make the tea taste better and they are Chinese cups from the 80s, so the blue gaiwan is now the serving pitcher.
My new infrared hotplate and glazed ceramic kettle continues to delight me with its performance, and the cups are the critical final piece of teaware that makes the infusion a success.
Attachments
Japan Meets China.jpg
Japan Meets China.jpg (61.01 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

Sep 8th, '15, 01:48

by debunix » Sep 8th, '15, 01:48

Sparkling sencha: spoonful of inexpensive sencha into bottle of sparkling water, refrigerated through the afternoon and evening, delicious in the too-warm evening...

Sep 9th, '15, 07:55

by Hauser2015 » Sep 9th, '15, 07:55

a Fukamushi from Iwata Shizuoka :mrgreen:
strong and deep green excellent tea

Sep 9th, '15, 09:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Sep 9th, '15, 09:09

Two bowls of Miyako-no-mukashi .. what a wonderful, incredible, amazing matcha! :shock:

Sep 9th, '15, 22:04

by Teaarch » Sep 9th, '15, 22:04

William wrote:Two bowls of Miyako-no-mukashi .. what a wonderful, incredible, amazing matcha! :shock:
Had a bowl of this as well yesterday. Definitely a wonderful matcha. Looking forward to another tomorrow.

Sep 11th, '15, 05:46

by Tead Off » Sep 11th, '15, 05:46

Hosuien matcha in Ohi tea bowl. Just right.
Ohi.jpg
Ohi.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Sep 11th, '15, 09:37

by Puerlife » Sep 11th, '15, 09:37

Fantastic colors and textures, Tead Off. Very evocative. Well done.

Sep 11th, '15, 11:05

by Tead Off » Sep 11th, '15, 11:05

Kudos to the potter. :D

Sep 13th, '15, 12:47

by debunix » Sep 13th, '15, 12:47

Finished off the amazing Hua Xiang Jiu Long from the TeaHabitat green tea tasting set this morning--vegetal, floral, sweet, lovely. Sorry to see the end of it, and eager to start the next one. But it's hot enough now that it will be cold tea all day long after this, so it must wait at least until tomorrow.

+ Post Reply