Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 9th, '14, 19:56

by debunix » Oct 9th, '14, 19:56

An Ito En matcha shot: I saw a series of Ito En prepared canned teas in the refrigerator section of my local market today. It didn't make me a convert to matcha, but I did not expect it to; it was just cool to see an unsweetened, unflavored (except by tea), non carbonated prepared tea drink in the store.

Oct 11th, '14, 12:01

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by saxon75 » Oct 11th, '14, 12:01

HonYama sencha, Shizu 7132 cultivar, from Thes du Japon. Really interesting tea. I really get the floral notes that they describe on the site.

Oct 12th, '14, 22:18

by debunix » Oct 12th, '14, 22:18

Gyoku-Hou gyokuro from O-Cha, so much nicer than yesterday's trial of canned Matcha. Sweet chocolate and spring flowers and delicate baby vegetables, oh my.

Oct 13th, '14, 17:55

by Pig Hog » Oct 13th, '14, 17:55

debunix wrote:Gyoku-Hou gyokuro from O-Cha, so much nicer than yesterday's trial of canned Matcha. Sweet chocolate and spring flowers and delicate baby vegetables, oh my.
I glanced at this and mistakenly read it as 'sweet chocolate and spring flowers on my delicate baby vegetables.'

I was very worried for you until I read it again.

I'm drinking some fairly disappointing gokujou genmaicha from ippodo. It's nice enough but nothing special, to be honest.

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10 ... 3e2085.jpg[/img]

Oct 15th, '14, 07:36

by Poseidon » Oct 15th, '14, 07:36

Last night I decided I wanted to change it up from my normal oolong or puerh pot at night. I reached for my Adagio Premium Sencha and was very suprised by how delicious it was after dinner. Lots of sweet grassy umami flavor, especially when you brew cupping style. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Looks like ill be picking up some sencha in the future...

Oct 16th, '14, 09:10

by Noonie » Oct 16th, '14, 09:10

Poseidon wrote:Last night I decided I wanted to change it up from my normal oolong or puerh pot at night. I reached for my Adagio Premium Sencha and was very suprised by how delicious it was after dinner. Lots of sweet grassy umami flavor, especially when you brew cupping style. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Looks like ill be picking up some sencha in the future...
I usually opt for oolongs after dinner, but a couple of times a week I'll brew some Gyokuro or Sencha and it's surprisingly good at this time. I usually have it earlier in the day, but I guess it's good at all times. The real problem is there is so much great tea out there and only so many hours in the day :wink:

Oct 22nd, '14, 12:29

by debunix » Oct 22nd, '14, 12:29

An Ji Bai Cha from Norbu, such a delicate green but one that ages well: this is the end of the 2013 harvest. I need to make room for this month's large order from Norbu....and still need to make another order of sencha and perhaps more gyokuro. I have completely run out, and cannot wait for shincha. Fortunately, gyokuro does not mind, right?!

It is a very Petr morning: all wood-fired shino from Petr Novak with the An Ji Bai Cha. The shino just seems warming on a day when I have been chilly enough to put a sweater on over my sleep things during morning tea....

Good to the last drop

Oct 22nd, '14, 12:58

by Poseidon » Oct 22nd, '14, 12:58

debunix wrote:An Ji Bai Cha from Norbu, such a delicate green but one that ages well: this is the end of the 2013 harvest. I need to make room for this month's large order from Norbu....and still need to make another order of sencha and perhaps more gyokuro. I have completely run out, and cannot wait for shincha. Fortunately, gyokuro does not mind, right?!

It is a very Petr morning: all wood-fired shino from Petr Novak with the An Ji Bai Cha. The shino just seems warming on a day when I have been chilly enough to put a sweater on over my sleep things during morning tea....

Good to the last drop

Im quite jealous debunix; You always have nice sessions/shot of your tea. I can almost taste that gyokuro.

Oct 23rd, '14, 12:05

by puerhking » Oct 23rd, '14, 12:05

Opened my last bag of shincha.....Maiko's Kinari. Still quite fragrant in the bag with strong grassy notes in the cup. Umami and some sweetness also. Tasty.

Oct 23rd, '14, 17:37

by daidokorocha » Oct 23rd, '14, 17:37

This has been a brutal week... in an already brutal last few months. However, things seem like they will start to relax a bit now. Therefore, I will go home tonight and finally find time to sit down to some gyokuro and really indulge myself. Although I must admit, that shincha has been on my mind lately. I still have some left but I'm nearly out. The flavor is surprisingly still good for having been open for 5 months. I've been craving astringency in general as of late. I'm sad to say my consumption of tea has gone down in the last month and a few weeks. I've been trying to set aside some 20 minutes here and there for a little alone time with my tea, but this has been a rarity. When I've had the chance though, it feels very special and relaxing.

I feel so tired that I wish I could shrink myself and fall into debunix's teaware for relaxation and restorative measures.

Oct 24th, '14, 16:03

by debunix » Oct 24th, '14, 16:03

This one feels like I'm putting it in the wrong category: it's another of the odd tea-shots I found in my local market from Ito-En: unsweetened Sencha. It tastes more like a deeply roasted oolong--earthy, a bit astringent, nothing delicate about it, and I'm guessing this is due to the oxidation of what is really an evanescent tea.

Oct 24th, '14, 20:11

by daidokorocha » Oct 24th, '14, 20:11

Ito-En says they use an "advanced deeper brewing method" to make those sencha shots. In general, those bottled teas are far from delicate. There was an arms race a few years ago to make them even bolder actually.

Oct 26th, '14, 11:29

by Alex » Oct 26th, '14, 11:29

Uji Asamushi Sencha "Aoi" from o-cha

WOW! This is exactly the sort of tea that I love. First brew has a cloudy milkyness that's quite Gyokuro..y......second and third brew still amazing and given I rarely go past the second brew with sencha this is saying a lot. Grab some!

Speaking of Gyokuro just getting round to ordering a vessel just for it! expect pics of a hohin soon :lol:

Oct 26th, '14, 19:20

by debunix » Oct 26th, '14, 19:20

I just put in a new order with O-Cha, including some of this wonderful sencha. Can't wait.....

Oct 26th, '14, 23:12

by Hannah » Oct 26th, '14, 23:12

So I'm not really sure if this counts as green since it's roasted, but I'm currently drinking kuki hojicha from Ippodo!
It's the main tea I keep at work along with the ao-hagi set by Noutomi Susumu :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply