Green Tea Frappacino

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 21st, '06, 17:24

by rabbit » May 21st, '06, 17:24

jogrebe wrote:Wow that has a very dark green color almost like maccha to it, although I'm sure its just lots of food coloring.
Have you noticed that at many of the resturants and places that serve "green tea" the teas have incredebly dark, almost matcha like coloring to them? It really bugs me to think of how they add dye to the tea to make it "Green tea", they are only fooling people into thinking that green tea has to be a rich green color, and when and IF they ever start making real green tea they (in this case, my former self) get confused as to why it often times is a pale green if not yellowish color! Darn you foolish western fools!
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

May 21st, '06, 17:54

by studio271 » May 21st, '06, 17:54

Well, at this one sushi restaurant in my previous college town (College Station, Texas), they really did make the "green tea" with some cheap-looking matcha powder. It came from a green box about the size of a baking soda box. I never had it there, but someone I know did and she never seemed to complain about it. This was, of course, before my loose-leaf days.

+ Post Reply