Will you temporarily stop purchasing Japanese Greens?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Will you temporary stop purchasing Japanese Greens?

Yes (wait till next year harvest just to be safe than sorry)
19%
No (buy like usual)
76%
No (buy lesser)
5%

Total votes: 103

Aug 25th, '11, 07:44

Re: Will you temporarily stop purchasing Japanese Greens?

by a.serrao » Aug 25th, '11, 07:44

Xell wrote:Don't cross the line between being concerned and paranoid.
Well, if asking some questions is paranoid, I'm left speechless.
Really, I don't know how to make it furthermore clearer.

For the Uji documents: great, now I know the tea hasn't radiation. See how it was simple?

Aug 25th, '11, 08:10
Vendor Member

by Xell » Aug 25th, '11, 08:10

a.serrao wrote:
Xell wrote:Don't cross the line between being concerned and paranoid.
Well, if asking some questions is paranoid, I'm left speechless.
Really, I don't know how to make it furthermore clearer.

For the Uji documents: great, now I know the tea hasn't radiation. See how it was simple?
Questions are fine, but talking about faking documents is a bit over the line. It's not impossible i guess, but this can be applied for everything and not only to Japanese tea, so it was pointless to mention. Though for example post about debris from affected regions has no place in this topic. Especially since there is zero information about actual contamination and volume involved. Only creates unnecessary doubts. That's what i meant about bloggers exaggerate problems and make it look like really big news.

Kevin's post about radiation tests was mentioned several times during this discussion, so i think people involved thought that you actually read it, but didn't believe. At least that's how i see it.

Aug 25th, '11, 11:30

by JBaymore » Aug 25th, '11, 11:30

a.serrao wrote:But let me be concerned if I have to deal with japanese food products.
But one big point is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE!

Don't buy them. Done. End of story.

......................john

Aug 25th, '11, 11:33

by JBaymore » Aug 25th, '11, 11:33

a.serrao wrote:Once I said: "I'll be interested in knowing how much (if any) radiation was accumulated in Uji and Kagoshima tea."?
a.serrao wrote:I've only asked some questions, posed some question marks. What's the problem?
This technique/tactic is what is known as "passive/aggressive" phrasing in the contexts you use such phrases.

...................john

Aug 25th, '11, 11:42

by JBaymore » Aug 25th, '11, 11:42

Xell wrote:Kevin's post about radiation tests was mentioned several times during this discussion, so i think people involved thought that you actually read it, but didn't believe.
It is sometimes convenient to deliberately "miss" some things :roll: ;

best,

...................john

Aug 25th, '11, 13:35

by teaisme » Aug 25th, '11, 13:35

hum wow this still going on?

Just made my first yuukicha order of the season...yes I was a little paranoid, yes I still am a little paranoid (thus the smaller order), but not paranoid enough to fight the pull of sencha!

That's just me, and I have been known to be an overly cautious person sometimes. Please don't hate me or a.serrao for doubting/questioning. It is just stronger in some peoples nature. Afterall, japan is far away to us, all we can do is research/speculate via online, and trust the word of vendors...

btw, if you really wanted more assurance just buy gyo, kabsencha, and matcha. Or some old kukicha. Most of those are still 2010.

lets all just be patient together and have some tea :mrgreen:

Aug 25th, '11, 14:21

by teaisme » Aug 25th, '11, 14:21

ok I saw jb's post on the radiation map, is this the same one?

http://jciv.iidj.net/map/

So am I right to assume that a tiny tiny little bit of radiation from fukashima has reached basically all of japan? Or is it more likely that this is just background radiation that has been there long before the fukashima incident?
Anyone hazard a guess? Anyone know?

Aug 25th, '11, 15:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 25th, '11, 15:39

teaisme wrote:ok I saw jb's post on the radiation map, is this the same one?

http://jciv.iidj.net/map/

So am I right to assume that a tiny tiny little bit of radiation from fukashima has reached basically all of japan? Or is it more likely that this is just background radiation that has been there long before the fukashima incident?
Anyone hazard a guess? Anyone know?
The green dots represent readings at different dates I think. And they indicate less than or equal to ... I believe this is likely indicating background radiation, but will leave that to the experts.

Aug 25th, '11, 17:18

by a.serrao » Aug 25th, '11, 17:18

JBaymore wrote: But one big point is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE!

Don't buy them. Done. End of story.

......................john
I really don't get this John.
I really don't get why you, Kevin and a bunch other members here are so nervous about it. Surely there must be an answer. I can understand Kevin's point of view because he makes a living out of selling tea, but what about you other?
What are you talking about, passive/aggressive?
Do you read people's mind? :|
Questions are fine, but talking about faking documents is a bit over the line.
Xell: it was Chip that said that documents in private sector can be faked, not me.
Since it seems what I write isn't being read at all I'll quote what Chip wrote on page 27:
Even documents in the private sector can be faked. Just as you are paranoid of Japanese teas, I am of private sector documentation. [...]

Side note, we have a well for our water, used to have a well known local company test the water for bacteria, metals, minerals, etc. The guy would come out and take a sample and a week or so later, we would get a certification/report of what was in our water. Turns out, the guy was not testing the water and churning out false documents. Hard to believe someone could have such disregard for his fellow man, but it happens everyday in the private sector. The love of money is a powerful motivator.
Again, I'm put in my mouth words I haven't spoken at all. This is aggressive to me and I don't like it at all.

Aug 25th, '11, 17:25

by Chip » Aug 25th, '11, 17:25

... and done ... this topic is not going to serve any constructive purpose at this point.

Locked.

I will create a new topic that will deal only with new facts that can be documented.

This is an important topic. The fact that I am locking it is simply an indication that the topic is no longer redeemable.

Thank you for your participation and understanding,
Chip

Aug 25th, '11, 17:30

by Chip » Aug 25th, '11, 17:30

... and unstickied ... look for a new topic that I will create with some simple ground rules so we can discuss this important topic amicably. :mrgreen: