Size of matcha pack?


Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Which size of matcha pack would you prefer?

Daily matcha 20g
1
4%
Daily matcha 40g
9
35%
Daily matcha 100g
2
8%
Expensive high quality matcha 20g
9
35%
Expensive high quality matcha 40g
5
19%
 
Total votes : 26

Size of matcha pack?

Postby Xell » Jun 14th, '11, 01:16

I'm trying to decide which size to keep, for a while i won't be able keep all of them. Difficult to choose, thought maybe this poll will help :)
User avatar
Xell
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Jan 7th, '1
Location: Japan, Nagasaki

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 03:06

Are you a daily matcha drinker, or are you looking for something special to savor now and again? I'd say 100g of the cheap stuff and 20g of the really really good stuff, but I don't know much about your drinking habits :mrgreen:
User avatar
Cole
 
Posts: 108
Joined: May 15th, '

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Xell » Jun 14th, '11, 05:18

Cole wrote:Are you a daily matcha drinker, or are you looking for something special to savor now and again? I'd say 100g of the cheap stuff and 20g of the really really good stuff, but I don't know much about your drinking habits :mrgreen:

It's for my website. I will get 100g packs for myself from now on, since i'm not the only one drinking it :) And after i discovered how fast and easy to prepare usucha, started to drink it really often. Soon going to taste "expensive stuff" and try it as koicha.
User avatar
Xell
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Jan 7th, '1
Location: Japan, Nagasaki

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby olivierco » Jun 14th, '11, 11:48

I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)
User avatar
olivierco
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Feb 8th, '0
Location: France

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby NOESIS » Jun 14th, '11, 12:14

olivierco wrote:I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)


+1

By far, my favorite matcha, but I usually only have it on the weekends.
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 12:55

NOESIS wrote:
olivierco wrote:I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)


+1

By far, my favorite matcha, but I usually only have it on the weekends.


Quit making me want to order from Ippodo, already! :lol: Would you say it's "twice as good" as the Tancho- or Kimmo-no-mukashi (if you've tried them)? I was thinking of getting some Tancho when I place my order, but now that I see the wakamatsu can also be prepared as a koicha, I might give that one a try.
User avatar
Cole
 
Posts: 108
Joined: May 15th, '

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby NOESIS » Jun 14th, '11, 13:30

Cole wrote:
NOESIS wrote:
olivierco wrote:I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)


+1

By far, my favorite matcha, but I usually only have it on the weekends.


Quit making me want to order from Ippodo, already! :lol: Would you say it's "twice as good" as the Tancho- or Kimmo-no-mukashi (if you've tried them)? I was thinking of getting some Tancho when I place my order, but now that I see the wakamatsu can also be prepared as a koicha, I might give that one a try.


I've had the Tancho many times in the past, and quite enjoy it. A nice green vegetable sweetness and medium body. Good stuff. Haven't tried the Kimno-no-mukashi.

Since I don't drink matcha daily, I generally go for the high grade stuff....more pronounced umami and thicker body. If I were to drink it daily, I'd probably go with a more modest offering, like Tancho or O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori".
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 14:26

NOESIS wrote:I've had the Tancho many times in the past, and quite enjoy it. A nice green vegetable sweetness and medium body. Good stuff. Haven't tried the Kimno-no-mukashi.

Since I don't drink matcha daily, I generally go for the high grade stuff....more pronounced umami and thicker body. If I were to drink it daily, I'd probably go with a more modest offering, like Tancho or O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori".


Good to hear! I think I might go ahead and try the Tancho and Wakamatsu when I place my order; just to have a little variety in the cabinet. I'm currently making my way through O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori" and enjoying it very much -- it's a great introduction to the world of matcha, and makes me want to try more. Great value for the price, IMHO.

On a slightly tangential note, I recently purchased 100g of O-Cha's powdered sencha since it was so inexpensive (and I wanted to fill my nifty little 100g matcha tin). While I don't regret buying it, part of me wishes I got something a little higher quality to savor. It's awesome in smoothies and perfect for road trips/a quick pick-me-up, but my only advice to Xell would be to make sure you like whatever you're getting 100g of! :D
User avatar
Cole
 
Posts: 108
Joined: May 15th, '

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Drax » Jun 14th, '11, 17:12

Cole wrote:but my only advice to Xell would be to make sure you like whatever you're getting 100g of! :D


Xell is offering stuff to sell, so he's asking in order to see what people like to buy....

I'm in a similar boat on usually not drinking matcha everyday, so I've got a 30g canister of matcha that I've had open for nearly a month, and it's only half-empty (and I've been drinking with co-workers, too)... so I think I would tend to prefer smaller.

But again, similar to noesis -- my preference would be different if I drank every day. I wonder how many people fall into that category...?
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 23:16

Whoops! This thread sure went over my head. Sorry, Xell!
User avatar
Cole
 
Posts: 108
Joined: May 15th, '

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Chip » Jun 15th, '11, 01:01

XT
XA
XN
XGT
TEA
ANN
NTG
GSE
EXN
NXT
TXS
S

Well, this is TeaChat ... :mrgreen:

20 in the more pricey stuff, and 40 in the more everyday matcha.

Pouches are OK, shipping is a lot cheaper, and although I like matcha tins, how many do I really need?!?
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22289
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Drax » Jun 15th, '11, 07:05

Chip wrote:Pouches are OK, shipping is a lot cheaper, and although I like matcha tins, how many do I really need?!?


You could always create a wall of matcha tins, sort of like some people do with beer bottles or cans.

I've only had matcha in a pouch once, and the pouch came in a tin. :lol:
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Size of matcha pack?

Postby Xell » Jun 15th, '11, 09:53

I guess it's true, what people talk about my zodiac libra, difficult to make a choice :lol:

Thanks all, i could finally decide. Seems most logical would be 40g for daily cheap matcha and 20g for more expensive stuff. I'm quite exited myself to try some higher grade Yame matcha. Drinking matcha for really short time, but it's already one of my favorite teas :)
User avatar
Xell
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Jan 7th, '1
Location: Japan, Nagasaki


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation