Did you skip tea because of need to clean your teapot?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Did you skip tea because of old leaves in your teapot and you're too lazy to clean it?

Quite often.
4%
Sometimes.
14%
Really rare.
7%
At least once.
7%
Never, NEVER!
50%
I stood up and prepared more tea.
14%
I was too lazy to get up.
4%

Total votes : 28

Re: Did you skip tea because of need to clean your teapot?

Postby Chip » Jan 29th, '12, 11:51

Xell wrote:One accident that happened at the beginning of my tea addiction always keeps me cleaning teapots at least in evening. I will have nightmares otherwise :D I forgot about used leaves in big kyusu when it was quite hot for many days... you can imagine the rest :twisted:

:shock: I am trying not to imagine!!!!!!!

I am mold phobic, gives me the willies ... so I avoid this scenerio at all cost.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Proinsias » Jan 29th, '12, 13:02

I've only got one pot I use for Japanese green, if I can't be bothered cleaning it out to start again I'll just keep brewing with boiling water, sweet water go! If I'm leaving it overnight I usually fill it with boiling water. If I don't get around to cleaning it out the next day, I'll drain it and refill with boiling water until I do feel the urge to clean it.
Proinsias

Postby JRS22 » Jan 29th, '12, 13:11

I just rushed over to the tea cabinet to make sure that I hadn't left Puerh in my yixing pots!

I have 4 gaiwans so there's always a clean one on hand to steep some Chinese greens, so I never have to skip tea because I don't want to clean my teaware. The same is true of food, but only because I live in a city with lots of delivery options.
JRS22

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions