? About Ten Ren green tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 7th, '12, 21:26

Re: ? About Ten Ren green tea

by edkrueger » Sep 7th, '12, 21:26

RedBear wrote:Now as for tea from Ten Ren, yes, I've tried them before. And for me, even the tea that goes over $100 is undrinkable. I simply can't stand it. I'm sure there are some good tea, but at what cost? Sure you can do much worse, but you can also do much better.
$100 per pound is only 6.20 per ounce. I have rather enjoyed their baozhong at $98 a pound, $6 an ounce. I'd actually be very surprised if you could find a bazhong better than this at this price (at least in the US).

Sep 7th, '12, 21:30

by edkrueger » Sep 7th, '12, 21:30

mp96 wrote:I do think i'll try and finish the green tea that i purchased since i did spend a good amount of $ on it. Maybe i'll send some to some good friends...:):)..:)
Why get rid of it if you like it? Also, if you spent over $100 on it I'd assume its at least OK –unless its stale. Local tea shops in general have a staleness problem.

Sep 9th, '12, 23:45

by mp96 » Sep 9th, '12, 23:45

I won't say it's "stale". The tea is actually not too bad, but like i mentioned i am a newby when it comes to green tea and that is why i was asking the veterans on their opinions.

I was actually being comical when i said i was going to send it too some good friends and please excuse my not so comical jokes.:)

About my question, i really had mainly negative responses and i appreciate the feedback. I should of asked prior to purchasing the green tea and obviously that makes the most sense. Just real glad it wasn't a very expensive mistake.

I am going to purchase what the forum moderator mentioned and keep researching this site.

Again, i do appreciate the feedback and hope to have a cup of tea with u all!!

mp96

Sep 10th, '12, 16:01

by edkrueger » Sep 10th, '12, 16:01

I seriously doubt that you will find any of those better than to $100 per ounce ones from ten tea. Maybe better than Ten Tea's almost certainly stale $30 per ounce ones.

May 14th, '21, 15:11

by gaiusgracchus » May 14th, '21, 15:11

TeaVivre.com
TeaTrekker.com

Both have high quality teas. As in VERY high quality teas - I order green teas from them.

Both have superior customer service, as well.
Teavivre tends to be less expensive than TeaTrekker.

+ Post Reply