Official Shincha 2013 Ordering topic

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 1st, '13, 14:35
Vendor Member

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

by Kevangogh » May 1st, '13, 14:35

We quit taking pre-orders for it because we're expecting it to arrive in the next few days. So current in stock availability is "0", as soon as we get it in you will be able to buy it, no problem.

Yutaka Midori is also "0", but that's because there was a run on it yesterday. :shock: I'll have more shortly...

May 1st, '13, 18:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Running for Tea » May 1st, '13, 18:46

Kevangogh wrote:We quit taking pre-orders for it because we're expecting it to arrive in the next few days. So current in stock availability is "0", as soon as we get it in you will be able to buy it, no problem.

Yutaka Midori is also "0", but that's because there was a run on it yesterday. :shock: I'll have more shortly...
Thanks for the explanation, Kevin. It's good to know the option to purchase some more is there (and also good to know that its expected soon :D )

May 1st, '13, 19:30

by Chip » May 1st, '13, 19:30

What do golfballs and Shincha OTTI have in common?

First to guess and post correctly HERE will receive one *BONUS* selection!

May 1st, '13, 19:37

by AdamMY » May 1st, '13, 19:37

:twisted: Grass Clippings! :twisted:

May 1st, '13, 19:46

by Chip » May 1st, '13, 19:46

First to guess and post correctly HERE will receive one *BONUS* selection!
Clicky the "HERE" above and post there! :!: :idea: :arrow:

:mrgreen:

May 3rd, '13, 11:50

by Chip » May 3rd, '13, 11:50

Shincha-OTTI 2013 is open for previewing today at 3 pm and goes live at 6 pm. Here is the dedicated topic:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=18636

May 3rd, '13, 16:17

by BrooklynBrew » May 3rd, '13, 16:17

Emailed for OTTI. So excited!!!

May 3rd, '13, 19:01

by victoria3 » May 3rd, '13, 19:01

victoria3 wrote:Refrigerating teas: I just purchased Bear proof bags! They are water/air tight and odor proof zip bags, OPSAK by Loksak. This should work really well.
http://www.loksak.com/purchase/opsak-3.html
Poohblah wrote:
victoria3 wrote:
Poohblah wrote:I have used those bags for backpacking before. Keep in mind that, while they don't allow odor to escape, they may give off an odor of their own which will not play well with the tea.
Oh crap this is disappointing to hear. Do your bags smell like plastic after several weeks? Or just at the beginning? Do you think they are cheaply made? I did this online so haven't touch the product yet. Maybe I should just find a thick Mylar ziplock bag....
I don't have any with me right now to check. They are definitely not cheaply made though. It's a pretty high quality product. It's just meant for keeping things water-tight, air-tight, and away from bears and other critters, not necessarily for storing tea in fridges. I would still give it a shot though. I'm just generally wary of all things plastic as far as tea is concerned. I've not had good experiences...
Well, I just got the Loksak Opsak odor proof bags to store teas in the refrigerator - just in time for Sincha season. They are thick, BPA free, have no odor and so I am now confidant they will work well. I really doubt they would impart any odor to the unopened teas in the cool refrigerator temperatures.
Locksak-Odor-Proof-Bags_1.jpg
Locksak-Odor-Proof-Bags_1.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 2442 times
edit
p.s. Poohblah, what did you mean you have "not had good experiences" with plastics and tea? Thinking about this line of thought, refrigerators themselves have plastics too...

May 3rd, '13, 19:37

by victoria3 » May 3rd, '13, 19:37

and... I just received my 1st order of 2013 Sincha from Maeda-en. I liked their Nijia Market 2012 New Crop Shin-Cha Gold so much that I decided to order this years pre-order select sinchas. I realize this is a company known for their ice creams but hey that 2012 stuff was great. Colorful packaging just for spring.
Maeda-en-2013-Sincha.jpg
Maeda-en-2013-Sincha.jpg (36.23 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

May 3rd, '13, 20:00

by Poohblah » May 3rd, '13, 20:00

victoria3 wrote:Well, I just got the Loksak Opsak odor proof bags to store teas in the refrigerator - just in time for Sincha season. They are thick, BPA free, have no odor and so I am now confidant they will work well. I really doubt they would impart any odor to the unopened teas in the cool refrigerator temperatures.
Excellent! :mrgreen:

May 4th, '13, 16:47

by victoria3 » May 4th, '13, 16:47

2013-Kaburagien-88night-Magokoro-Yume-gokochi-surprise-Tea-Pillow.jpg
2013-Kaburagien-88night-Magokoro-Yume-gokochi-surprise-Tea-Pillow.jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
Let the good times roll. Today I received two more orders; Kaburagien's 88night, Magokoro, Yume-gokochi and a surprise Tea Pillow to dream with. And then Maiko's Shincha Gyokuro, Kinari and Shincha Sencha. Nice except those EMS shipping costs! Has anyone requested SAL or just First Class instead of EMS for Sincha season orders. I ended up paying 30% on shipping.
Maiko-Shincha-Gyokuro-Kinari-&-Sencha.jpg
Maiko-Shincha-Gyokuro-Kinari-&-Sencha.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 2414 times

May 4th, '13, 17:52

by sherubtse » May 4th, '13, 17:52

victoria3 wrote: Has anyone requested SAL or just First Class instead of EMS for Sincha season orders. I ended up paying 30% on shipping.
Maiko-Shincha-Gyokuro-Kinari-&-Sencha.jpg
Non-EMS should be just fine, even for shincha season. Regular airmail takes about 7 days from Japan to Toronto, which is the same time for a package to get from California to me! :roll:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Last edited by sherubtse on May 4th, '13, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, '13, 17:58

by Running for Tea » May 4th, '13, 17:58

victoria3 wrote:And then Maiko's Shincha Gyokuro, Kinari and Shincha Sencha. Nice except those EMS shipping costs! Has anyone requested SAL or just First Class instead of EMS for Sincha season orders. I ended up paying 30% on shipping
I placed my order with Regular Air Mail shipping. I cannot say how it is though, this is my first order with Maiko. Shipping notification came today, so I'll know in about a week.

I have ordered from other vendors (O-cha, Hibiki-an, Zencha) without EMS and haven't had a problem yet!

May 4th, '13, 18:07

by Poohblah » May 4th, '13, 18:07

SAL (airmail) from Maiko went just fine for me; took about two weeks to get to the states. I have a feeling (based on past experiences) that most of that time was spent in customs. Even for EMS shipping this seems to be the case.

May 4th, '13, 18:21

by victoria3 » May 4th, '13, 18:21

Poohblah wrote:SAL (airmail) from Maiko went just fine for me; took about two weeks to get to the states. I have a feeling (based on past experiences) that most of that time was spent in customs. Even for EMS shipping this seems to be the case.
sherubtse, Running for Tea and Poohblah, thanks for all your replies. I got an email from Kaburagien on April 29th saying EMS shipment was enroute and I was billed via paypal that day. My package arrive today so that's 5 days. I've gotten many SAL deliveries in the past but haven't checked how long they took enroute.

By the way, next time I will be very careful when paying with Paypal, they give terrible exchange rates. Before paying they give two options; Use PayPal's conversion process OR Bill me in the currency listed on seller's invoice. The second option should be chosen, 'Bill me in the currency listed on seller's invoice'. It wasn't a huge deal but PayPals exchange rate was 4$ or so extra.

+ Post Reply