2014 Chinese Greens

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Re: 2014 Chinese Greens

Postby Groucho » Jun 16th, '14, 13:19

I have, and greatly enjoy, this spring's Lu Shan Yun Wu from Teavivre. With the express shipping, it takes about a week to Boston.
Groucho

Postby brandon » Jul 13th, '14, 15:30

In a green mood myself this week.
brandon

Postby Groucho » Jul 16th, '14, 13:52

I've been enjoying a 2014 Lu Shan Yun Wu from Teavivre. I'm getting many (>10) good infusions and a long lasting huigan.
Groucho

Postby bonescwa » Jul 16th, '14, 18:08

brandon wrote:Image

In a green mood myself this week.

That is a beautiful picture
bonescwa

Postby Evan Draper » Jul 18th, '14, 11:09

brandon wrote:In a green mood myself this week.

IT'S LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU
Evan Draper

Postby tinols » Aug 8th, '14, 16:25

Does anyone know which site is best to buy samples of the 2014 chinese greens? I'm thinking about sampling different type, not just long jing, as I really want to explore Chinese greens. I read teaspring has good TPHK, but I'm not sure how good the rest of their teas are. Maybe a little bit off topic, and I apologize for that.
Thanks in advance.
tinols

Postby Mureke » Aug 20th, '14, 05:46

I finally received my 2014 Anji Baicha from Jing. The original package was apparently lost in China Mail, but Sebastien resent my order. The whole 250 g is packed in a nice paper bag with a foil lining on the inside, but it wasn't sealed - only wrapped around itself for a bit.

The Anji Baicha leaves are just like those pictured on the Jingteashop site. It seems like excellent quality. The taste is midly sweet as it should be. The leaves keep on giving despite multiple long steepings.

Another favorite of mine is the 2014 Taiwan Style Green Tea from Taiwan Tea Crafts. Even more so than Anji Baicha, this tea is easy to brew. It can take long steepings even with fairly high temperatures. It makes me feel good. There is no bitterness, but rather a strong, sweet tea taste. There's a lot going on, including reminiscence of Baguashan Baozhong. The leaves can be somewhat large as in a high mountain oolong. There are even some pieces of stems. This is reflected in the price, however.

The 2014 Long Jing from TTC is also excellent. Unlike other LJs I've had at this price point, this tea is smooth with a lack of bitterness. It doesn't seem like a pre-Ming tea to me, as the leaves are large compared to LJ from Jing or imperial LJ from Jkteashop. However, the leaf structure is intact. Overall, it is a better tea than the premium LJ from Jkteashop.

tinols wrote:Does anyone know which site is best to buy samples of the 2014 chinese greens?

Jkteashop has a variety of greens in their sampler pack, but I don't yet have enough experience with them. My experience with the quality of Teaspring is mixed, but I've only tried their Bi Tan Piao Xue (good, vanilla) and lower-end Long Jing (not so good last year). Another vendor, that I haven't tried, is Amazing Green Tea - experiences, anyone?
Mureke

Postby bankung » Aug 20th, '14, 10:03

Mureke wrote: Another vendor, that I haven't tried, is Amazing Green Tea - experiences, anyone?

They sell one of the best long jing I have ever found online.
bankung

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions