Official Shincha 2014 Ordering and Review Topic

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 19th, '14, 14:26

Re: Official Shincha 2014 Ordering and Review Topic

by Noonie » Aug 19th, '14, 14:26

Maertin wrote:
puerhking wrote:Having the 2014 Chiran Asatsuyu Shincha from O-Cha. Using just a bit less leaf due to the small size of the leaves. You know when you are at the bottom of a package of fukamushi and the particles are quite small....that's what this whole bag is like. Having said that it is still quite good with some deep umami and veggie notes. It is a little more straight forward and a little less durable, but none the less, it is a good value and worth a try.
Hello Puerhking, any hints to bes results with that one in terms of additional brews timing? The vendor doesn't inform about hem at all and as I never had any Chiran sencha before, it will need few tests to find out :D Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I finished my package of this tea a couple of weeks ago. I could never get it to something I was happy with, though it was fun experimenting and learning about how the tea changes when changing the variables (obviously...but when I quickly get the variables right, I usually don't experiment as I continue brewing a tea, so this was an informative tea for me).

Aug 21st, '14, 12:55

by puerhking » Aug 21st, '14, 12:55

Maertin wrote: Hello Puerhking, any hints to bes results with that one in terms of additional brews timing? The vendor doesn't inform about hem at all and as I never had any Chiran sencha before, it will need few tests to find out :D Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
For me 45-60 sec on the first brew. Flash brew on the second and the third...then back to 30-45 on the fourth. This is a challenging tea to brew. I did get some fantastic brews out of it....but it was difficult to find the sweet spot. Having said that....I do like it and would get it again.

Sep 3rd, '14, 20:52

by Bef » Sep 3rd, '14, 20:52

Chip wrote:Starting to work our way through the current shincha selection. Reviews ... soon.

We have 7 opened and sampled, with 6 more to open. Selections are from O-Cha, Maiko and Ippodo.
Hey Chip. Do you have an update regarding the teas you have tried so far?

Sep 11th, '14, 13:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 11th, '14, 13:42

Bef wrote:
Chip wrote:Starting to work our way through the current shincha selection. Reviews ... soon.

We have 7 opened and sampled, with 6 more to open. Selections are from O-Cha, Maiko and Ippodo.
Hey Chip. Do you have an update regarding the teas you have tried so far?
So sorry for not replying sooner. I have been dealing with personal, continuing family medical issues that usurp much of my free time. Fortunately, I have time to enjoy tea at least twice a day and to peruse TeaChat. But taking the time to take photos and do write-ups requires much time and mental energy that has been needed elsewhere. Hopefully this is changing!

For now I will give you a brief review.

O-Cha selections were very intriguing and required a good deal of focus as I was transitioning from selection to selection. There were some very pleasant surprises among the low-end offerings while the more expensive selections definitely did not disappoint.

I will provide specifics regarding O-Cha selections asap ...

Maiko's Kinari was once again excellent. Rich and full flavored and enjoyable each time. Bold. I will as always buy this again next shincha!

Ippodo shincha was smoother, mellower than Maiko's Kinari. It was very good as well but quite a different blend though both are from Uji and are asamushi and I believe Yabukita.

Oct 18th, '14, 04:54

by Chesslover » Oct 18th, '14, 04:54

Chip wrote:O-Cha selections were very intriguing and required a good deal of focus as I was transitioning from selection to selection. There were some very pleasant surprises among the low-end offerings while the more expensive selections definitely did not disappoint.
I must confirm that...out of curiosity I ordered organic chiran sencha from O-cha and was pleasantly surprised by it...comparing to yutaka midori, that I was drinking at the same period, it was on par or even better (this years YM is great, but not outstanding IMO). If you take into account the price of both (org. CS 13,63 $ vs YM 21,62 $) and the fact that CS is organic and YM not, CS becomes even better choice...

Apr 16th, '15, 14:56

by beforewisdom » Apr 16th, '15, 14:56

Why are people posting to this thread if it is for 2014?

I just ordered Uji Asamushi Shincha Kirameki from O-Cha.com

Apr 16th, '15, 15:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 16th, '15, 15:26

beforewisdom wrote:Why are people posting to this thread if it is for 2014?

I just ordered Uji Asamushi Shincha Kirameki from O-Cha.com
Actually, they are not posting here. The last post before yours was 2014. :mrgreen:

A new 2015 topic needs to be created. Please feel free to do so, I will then release this topic from "stickidom" and sticky the new topic.

Apr 16th, '15, 17:19

by beforewisdom » Apr 16th, '15, 17:19

Done!

+ Post Reply