How much tea do you drink to lose weight?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 5th, '09, 15:04
Vendor Member

Re: How much tea do you drink to lose weight?

by Kevangogh » Oct 5th, '09, 15:04

I wrote an entire article about green tea and weight loss. Not sure if I can post the link here, but do a search under Google "green tea and weigh loss" and there should be an o-cha.com link near the top of the results. That said, in a drinking 4 or 5 cups of green tea a day will only increase your metabolism by 70-80 calories a day. It works out to 8 pounds weight loss a year, provided you don't do anything different. I know a little about this because lost and kept off 35 pounds two years ago, and while running a green tea company. Drinking green tea alone will not cut it - all you have to do is eat one extra cookie and you've gone over that 70 calorie mark.

Oct 5th, '09, 16:26
Scrolling: fixed

by Intuit » Oct 5th, '09, 16:26

http://www.o-cha.com/green-tea-weight-loss.htm

I'll second the recommendation for Tom Venuto's book mentioned in O-cha's website article.

Exercise that includes daily moderately-paced aerobic exercise, every-other day simple strength training route and daily stretching routine is highly desirable for optimum health and wellness. What has become obvious in recent years is that regular exercise is essential for brain/CNS (central nervous system) health, especially in middle-age and mature years.

This mixed exercise regimen works all types of muscle fibers and many types of nerve cells. The stretching routine provides important benefit by increasing nerve cell repair and regeneration.

At the muscle cell-nerve cell interface, this regimen activates insulin receptors, increasing their number over time, to vastly improve cellular uptake and metabolism of blood glucose.

In fat cells, it alters the way triglycerides are produced and stored in the abdominal area, within muscle mass, and in subcutaneous layers.

At the same time, a very interesting muscle-cell generated signal goes to the liver cell nucleus and stimulates metabolism of glycogen, another important source of stored energy.

This is how you reprogram your body towards normalized insulin production, release and utilization and away from blood sugar abnormalities, rapid cellular aging and cardiovascular and neurological degeneration.

Baby steps, every day.

Oct 13th, '09, 23:59

by Canadiangal » Oct 13th, '09, 23:59

puerhking wrote:The only way you are going to lose a decent amount of weight is to drink only tea and no solid food. Enjoy!
I keep on reading how Pu Erh tea is supposed to reduce your cholesterol by 30% if it is high after 1 month.
Sounds interesting anyways.

Mu cholesteral is 100% normal,so no way of testing this myself...

I think tea can help a bit with losing weight because of the caffeine.
But same for coffee as well.

Also those diet sodas are bad for you...too much chemicals in those.
If you like soda though I will suggest soda water w a fruit slice in it or even herbal fruit tea and soda together is very refreshing and needs no sugar!

Oct 14th, '09, 08:44

by JPX » Oct 14th, '09, 08:44

want to lose weight ?

follow these simple steps

1-drop all dairy foods, gluten grains food, and processed food. Eat only what can be hunted, fished, picked up in the nature in its most natural state.

2-dont ever stop eating the good fats, good fats is what monitor your hormones. In men cases, low fat = low testosterone = unless you want to be weak, girly, etc, its not something you want. so basicly, fat is good for you if its the good kind (nuts, seeds, eggs,etc).

3-Lower the sugar intake from foods. Carbs should come from veggies and fruits as much as possible.

4-Try to get the most nutritious food possible. So, lets say you look at food like you look at a car : You want a car that will be so efficient that its not gonna cost much per mile. same thing here, the most nutritious for the minimum food intake.

5-after a while see how you feel, you can try to bring back 1 by 1, dairy and grains, but most of the time, people will react really bad to it. this is due to the fact that grains have gluten and dairy has lactose. Studies show that about 80% of the population react to those ''poisons'' but less stronger then those who are allergic. So that means, bloating feeling, lack of energy, etc. So try them again, 1 by 1, and see if you react. usually during step 1, there is a significant weight loss.

6- Do full body training 2-3 times a week.

And, of course, drink as much tea as you want, 'cause, after all, its the best thing in the world!

just my .02cents of a guy that read way too much nutrition and training books that felt like giving advices :)

P.S : Diet stuff (like diet coke or anything else), low sodium stuff, low fat stuff, etc are NOT healthy. the food is more processed and far from its natural state.

May 24th, '11, 07:58

by BenWarner » May 24th, '11, 07:58

I drink 2-3 cups green tea in my daily life to lose weight but it is difficult to lose weight only with green tea. I also eat low calorie food to lose weight.

May 24th, '11, 08:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by jaderabbit » May 24th, '11, 08:53

Part of the tea weight loss theory just may be the temperature.
The problem is that as the COLD drinks pass through our system, they solidify the fats from the foods we have just eaten or are eating at present. This makes the body find it harder to digest and disperse the unwanted fats from our body.

However, if we simply swap our cold drinks for a warm drink (warm water/ coffee/tea/herbals) the warm fluids help the fats in our foods to remain fluid and so easing the digestive system and helping the fats pass through our body (and reduce risk of clogged arteries).
http://www.bewellbuzz.com/general/cold- ... ts-better/
Doesn't really make any scientific sense but amusing, non? I also notice I get a lot hungrier faster after drinking tea, but since there's rarely junk food in my house, I just have to eat some fruit until the next meal. Tactics. :lol:

May 24th, '11, 17:28

by a.serrao » May 24th, '11, 17:28

mamawama wrote:I did not start out intending to lose weight...didn't even know you could. But 15 pounds later, I'm still amazed. I find I lose weight if I'm drinking more than 4 cups (8 oz) a day, I maintain or gain if I drink less. I had been gradually losing weight with food. But once I started drinking the green tea (dragonwell), it just starting melting away fast. Have any of you found it really easy to lose? If so, which tea(s) are you drinking, and how much? Do you do it in conjunction with a particular diet? I'm just amazed at how easy this has been!! Thanks!
Wanna loose weight?
Sure drink green tea (not only japanese) but also start eating japanese foods: much healthier that american food and much better than italian food imho.
One hour daily walk makes wonders!
Do it everyday (do not run, just walk) and you'll begin to loose 3/4kgs each month.

May 25th, '11, 21:01

by skilfautdire » May 25th, '11, 21:01

JBaymore wrote:Cooking like the Japanese unfortunately is very time consuming.
I would not say so. A gô soup takes as much time as any other soup. Rice cooks itself in a rice cooker. Garnishes are easy and simple. Sauces are often a matter of blending several stuffs. Miso soups are easily made. Soba noodles are quickly made. Tsukemono pratically make themselves in the fridge. In anything throw tofu, wakame and nori. Nerimiso makes itself in the fridge. etc. I find many things are actually very easy and quick to do. Of course, there are fancy dishes, like in any other cuisine. But for day to day ? A dish of soba with broth and tofu is quicker to come up with than just about any if not all Italian pasta.

May 25th, '11, 21:06

by skilfautdire » May 25th, '11, 21:06

BenWarner wrote:I drink 2-3 cups green tea in my daily life to lose weight but it is difficult to lose weight only with green tea. I also eat low calorie food to lose weight.
Stumbled this morning on Youtube on a video about people who only 'eat' sun. They stare at the sun and that's their food.

Stumbled on this from a video on Airi Suzuki, the wife of a Japan prime minister who was abducted by aliens (I guess I should use a capital 'a': Aliens just in case...) and taken to planet Venus. She said she could eat the sun.

May 26th, '11, 20:47

by beachape » May 26th, '11, 20:47

Use tea as your "reward food" instead of a sugary drink, or high calorie snack. Then it might work.

May 30th, '11, 23:25

by Merrill » May 30th, '11, 23:25

I don't drink tea to lose weight, there has been correlation between tea and weight, but I'm happy to hear you don't think it's a magic bullet.

Then again I'm Chinese so not only do I drink tea out of nurtured addiction, but the foods I eat contain a high level of (natural or artificial) glutamates. Also known as a key ingredient of MSG which makes you hungry. Glutamates speeds up your metabolism. It's a matter of your diet. Not saying you have to eat Chinese food, but America didn't always had fat camps for kids. Cook often with less oil/butter, grilling and barbecuing are healthy American past times, and dinner left overs for lunch is better than KFC. And always remember it's not eating too much that is the problem, more often than not it is what you are eating. Eating a pile of healthy foods is better than eating a cube of deep fried butter battered in pepsi powder.

Also sometimes take times to go home the scenic route or throw in a little unnecessary walking for the day.

May 30th, '11, 23:42

by AdamMY » May 30th, '11, 23:42

Merrill wrote:I don't drink tea to lose weight, there has been correlation between tea and weight, but I'm happy to hear you don't think it's a magic bullet.

Then again I'm Chinese so not only do I drink tea out of nurtured addiction, but the foods I eat contain a high level of (natural or artificial) glutamates. Also known as a key ingredient of MSG which makes you hungry. Glutamates speeds up your metabolism. It's a matter of your diet. Not saying you have to eat Chinese food, but America didn't always had fat camps for kids. Cook often with less oil/butter, grilling and barbecuing are healthy American past times, and dinner left overs for lunch is better than KFC. And always remember it's not eating too much that is the problem, more often than not it is what you are eating. Eating a pile of healthy foods is better than eating a cube of deep fried butter battered in pepsi powder.

Also sometimes take times to go home the scenic route or throw in a little unnecessary walking for the day.
I hate to say it, but stereotypes are not always true. While I am sure there are some people in the US who constnatly eat fast food, and cook with an excessive amount of oil, a large number of Americans are actually decently healthy. I would urge you to think twice, I mean we avoid claiming stereotypes are true for any nation on Teachat, I am sure there are many things we could say about China, which you would find equally as false.

Jun 2nd, '11, 15:24

by Merrill » Jun 2nd, '11, 15:24

AdamMY wrote:
I hate to say it, but stereotypes are not always true. While I am sure there are some people in the US who constnatly eat fast food, and cook with an excessive amount of oil, a large number of Americans are actually decently healthy. I would urge you to think twice, I mean we avoid claiming stereotypes are true for any nation on Teachat, I am sure there are many things we could say about China, which you would find equally as false.
I didn't mean to sound stereotypical, but I actually do come from a very stereotypical family and happen to eat traditional foods with are naturally full of glutamates. I know there are many Americans who don't constantly eat fast food but our life style in urban areas now in general now is really quite fast and some families have very little time to prepare food. This is general advice I'd give to anyone around the world. KFC, McDonalds and deep fried butter battered in pepsi powder is not a uniquely American problem.

What I meant by America didn't always have fat camps is that the obesity problem in children in America now is a recent problem and not a historical one. I'm just saying, this is not a problem with American cuisine as is popularly conceived but is a problem with modern lifestyle. So I don't know how anyone can tell anyone "eat more Japanese/Chinese/Greek/or whatever" food as advice to lose weight as someone has suggested above.

Jun 4th, '11, 14:32

by whatsinaname » Jun 4th, '11, 14:32

The medical-pharmaceutical-nutritional complex does not want you to lose weight. No question about that.

Tea is an excellent drink to incorporate into a weight loss plan as a substitute for caloric beverages. However, as stated before, its direct thermic effect/calorie burn is low.

Diet (counting calories and macros) and exercise are the keys to weight loss and body recomposition. There are only three rules! (See the "wave_length guide to cutting" at bodybuilding.com. Saved my life.)

Sep 9th, '18, 13:19

by Joshua015 » Sep 9th, '18, 13:19

Alright, for a good nutrition, there are a lot of websites that can help you to find a good diet and you can discover guide on nutrisystem here

+ Post Reply