seven cups tea?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 26th, '08, 17:26

by Dagny » Jan 26th, '08, 17:26

They have beautiful Yixing pots! Love the butterfly and magnolia one. Must buy one when I have become rich and famous.

Feb 2nd, '08, 22:28

seven cups

by mgripp » Feb 2nd, '08, 22:28

Great place fast shipment, highly recommend, plus they have some nice videos on there website.

Feb 3rd, '08, 05:57

by Selaphiel » Feb 3rd, '08, 05:57

Seems like an interesting site, a lot of rare tea. Their Taiwanese oolong section makes me drool. Wouldn`t mind 100g of Alishan Tong Fang Mei Ren and 100g of Qilaishan Long Wu. I`ve read about the Alishan Tong Fang Mei Ren also known as Oriental beauty, it is supposed to be quite exotic, it is pretty expensive though :(

On a sidenote, I can barely handle all the good tea stores I`ve found through the tea community the last days, I`m gonna go bankrupt :?

Feb 3rd, '08, 09:55

by Mary R » Feb 3rd, '08, 09:55

Selaphiel wrote:On a sidenote, I can barely handle all the good tea stores I`ve found through the tea community the last days, I`m gonna go bankrupt :?
I think it's safe to say that we all feel your pain. I actually have to set myself a tea budget...I try to stick to $50 a month. Some months I'm well under. Some months I'm not.

Jan 17th, '12, 18:24

Re:

by intelligen_tea_a » Jan 17th, '12, 18:24

Selaphiel wrote:Seems like an interesting site, a lot of rare tea. Their Taiwanese oolong section makes me drool. Wouldn`t mind 100g of Alishan Tong Fang Mei Ren and 100g of Qilaishan Long Wu. I`ve read about the Alishan Tong Fang Mei Ren also known as Oriental beauty, it is supposed to be quite exotic, it is pretty expensive though :(

On a sidenote, I can barely handle all the good tea stores I`ve found through the tea community the last days, I`m gonna go bankrupt :?

I think it's time to revive this topic.

I tried their Qilaishan Long Wu (Dragon Fog) just this week and it was one of the more amazing teas that I have ever tried. The smell is indescribable, the brew reminds me of a tieguanyin, and the taste is what truly sets this tea apart. Its flavor is very subtle, kind of like whole milk, so I guess you can say it has a certain sweetness and thick mouthfeel, combined with a certain umami.

Qilaishan is the highest mountain in Taiwan. The tea itself is grown at about 2000 meters above sea level. The fog cover and stark temperature changes (as much as 40 degrees from day to night) provide the ideal environment for this truly spectacular tea. As far as I can tell, Seven Cups is the only tea company in the U.S. that sells a Qilaishan tea.

It is truly an amazing tea, and any lover of anxi oolongs or Taiwanese tea in general should try the Qilaishan Long Wu.

Jan 17th, '12, 18:32

Re:

by intelligen_tea_a » Jan 17th, '12, 18:32

Chip wrote:I have heard all good reports but have never tried it myself. The owner KNOWS TEA!!!
I live in Denver, where there was once a Seven Cups franchise, and I had the immense pleasure of meeting the owner, Zhuping, two summers ago. To say that she KNOWS TEA is quite an understatement. She doesn't just know tea in the sense that we Americans think of tea. She knows tea in the sense that she seems to have a personal, intimate relationship with every tea that she and her husband sell. For example, I asked her about their two grades of An Ji Bai Cha, and she gave me a ten minute lecture about how and when they are picked and the resulting health benefits of these different picking times.

Yes, of course, the owner knows tea. She is a certified Chinese Tea Master. In fact, Seven Cups is the only tea company in the U.S. that is run by a Chinese Tea Master. A testament to her mastership is the unmatched quality of all of the teas that she sells.

Jan 19th, '12, 13:53
Vendor Member

Re: seven cups tea?

by blairswhitaker » Jan 19th, '12, 13:53

I lived in Tucson and I also have a lot of family there so I visit regularly. I have never passed and opportunity to hang out at seven cups. The shop has a great feel and I have attended many tea tastings as well as tea ceremony with Zhuping Hodges. She is a true tea master, She knows the teas she sells and it will amaze you just how much she knows about them, where they come from, who harvested them and when. Having a real tea master serve you tea is treat everyone should experience at least once if you are seriously into gong fu. I drink a lot of their teas especially their WuYi and their greens, I highly recommend trying the roy gui, the tie lou han, and the shui Jin gui. I also recommend the purple bamboo shoot and the green bamboo shoot, the an ji bai cha's are also fantastic picks. I like their dan congs and their puerh as well. I also once had a high mountain TGY that was extremely memorable.

Jan 23rd, '12, 00:35

Re: Re:

by Tead Off » Jan 23rd, '12, 00:35

intelligen_tea_a wrote: Qilaishan is the highest mountain in Taiwan.
Qilaishan is NOT the highest mountain in Taiwan. Yu Shan is the highest mountain. Also, many tea gardens in Taiwan are higher than the one you mention. Please do a little research before you post info like this. Many people repeat wrong info from others and then post to the web unknowingly.

+ Post Reply