Citron Green

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 16th, '05, 20:21

by ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 20:21

Almost forgot! I wanted to say that I infused two teaspoons of Citron Green *4* times in my ingenuiTEA today and while each cup has a different flavor to it, it's still completely drinkable (and not just watery). I'm learning so much about tea!

Oct 16th, '05, 20:28

by Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 20:28

ribex wrote:I like this tea - maybe it's better for folks who have a sweet tooth or don't like the grassy taste of other greens.
I don't think it's sweet, but then I don't use sweetners in my tea - it kills the taste of the tea. :D
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 16th, '05, 20:29

by Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 20:29

ribex wrote:Almost forgot! I wanted to say that I infused two teaspoons of Citron Green *4* times in my ingenuiTEA today and while each cup has a different flavor to it, it's still completely drinkable (and not just watery). I'm learning so much about tea!
Keep on going! Ask any question you may have!

God Bless!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 16th, '05, 21:17

by ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 21:17

I want to eventually wean myself off of sweeteners, but I really can't get myself to drink more than a sip without some splenda. I'm a tea-purist-wannabe, I guess.

Oct 16th, '05, 21:37

by Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 21:37

ribex wrote:I want to eventually wean myself off of sweeteners, but I really can't get myself to drink more than a sip without some splenda. I'm a tea-purist-wannabe, I guess.
Well from growing up in the DEEP south, sweet tea is a staple like food is. That was the only way I would ever drink my tea. But as time went on I found out that all I was drinking was colored sugar water. UCK!

After I got into premium teas, I found that sweeteners ruined the taste of tea.

Switch to honey, then add less every day! :D
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 17th, '05, 00:26

by PeteVu » Oct 17th, '05, 00:26

i find that most of my guests who say they want sweet tea actually want a lighter and more crisp taste. I often brew a non-black tea and add in a little of an herbal infusion (my best reactions came from chamomile). green teas like gunpowder or most black teas are probably a bad idea, but light oolongs, jasmine, whites, or fluffy greens like kukitcha should be able to convert the most sugarly stubborn people. try a red bloom ball and two teaspoons of chamomile.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Oct 17th, '05, 01:59

by Ric » Oct 17th, '05, 01:59

PeteVu wrote:i find that most of my guests who say they want sweet tea actually want a lighter and more crisp taste. I often brew a non-black tea and add in a little of an herbal infusion (my best reactions came from chamomile). green teas like gunpowder or most black teas are probably a bad idea, but light oolongs, jasmine, whites, or fluffy greens like kukitcha should be able to convert the most sugarly stubborn people. try a red bloom ball and two teaspoons of chamomile.
I believe the "eye candy" from the red bloom would make the pickiest person forget about sweeteners! Good choice!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 17th, '05, 23:17

by Ponderer » Oct 17th, '05, 23:17

I really like the “grassy” taste of untainted, normal green tea. Maybe I’m just weird.

Oct 18th, '05, 00:13

by Ric » Oct 18th, '05, 00:13

Ponderer wrote:I really like the “grassy” taste of untainted, normal green tea. Maybe I’m just weird.
Okay, I'll say it - "You're weird!" :lol:
Just joking! I can agree with your statement. Besides the Citron Green I've been drinking, I've been drinking a lot of Sencha too! 8)
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 18th, '05, 00:57

by PeteVu » Oct 18th, '05, 00:57

youre not alone, i like green tea for the grassyness. mmmm
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Mar 1st, '06, 13:17

by teatotaler » Mar 1st, '06, 13:17

I love the green citron. It is my all-time favorite. I admit I do add either organic or turbino sugar to it. I like the sweetness and I need the calories.

Do many of you resteep your leaves?

Mar 1st, '06, 21:18

by Ric » Mar 1st, '06, 21:18

teatotaler wrote:I love the green citron. It is my all-time favorite. I admit I do add either organic or turbino sugar to it. I like the sweetness and I need the calories.

Do many of you resteep your leaves?
I don't re-steep my leaves. I need the caffeine! :wink:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Mar 2nd, '06, 10:36

by klemptor » Mar 2nd, '06, 10:36

I usually re-steep with things like TKY, Wuyi, Pouchong, and with flavored greens. I almost always re-steep my whites.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Mar 2nd, '06, 12:19

by Skycast » Mar 2nd, '06, 12:19

PeteVu wrote:youre not alone, i like green tea for the grassyness. mmmm
Same here, it's one of the main things I like about the greens.
Skycast

+ Post Reply