Matcha Cookies!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 8th, '08, 11:45
Scrolling: scrolling

Matcha Cookies!

by fencerdenoctum » Feb 8th, '08, 11:45

A cooking blog I read called Just Hungry has a recipe for cookies that use Matcha as a base for icing! I've never tried them but since we have a lot of matcha heads and foodies, I thought I would post them here.

http://www.justhungry.com/leaf-shaped-b ... -tea-icing

Maki (the author) has two really great blogs www.justhungry.com and www.justbento.com. I've tried some of her recipes and they are wonderful.

Sharing the wealth,
Fencerdenoctum
The Tea Sipping Swordsman

Feb 8th, '08, 11:54

by xine » Feb 8th, '08, 11:54

MMMMMMM! Matcha icing! I tried unsuccessfully to make chocolate cupcakes with matcha icing- the cupcakes were fine, but I attempt to use a pestle and mortar to grind up gyokuro leaves and then tried steeping them then adding the liquid to powdered egg whites, and then tried it with just adding the tea leaves directly to the icing- it was a mess, so I will check this out. I think the key is to steep the tea in butter, let is clarify and then freeze it and then use with sugar... Amai bakery in NYC has this excellent macha butter they serve with their red bean scones...holy @#$#.

Thanks for the link, Fence!

Feb 8th, '08, 11:59

by Mary R » Feb 8th, '08, 11:59

Hrm. I've often thought about trying my hand at bento boxes...but every time I shy away from it. They just seem a little fussy for my taste, you know? I've got better things to do than carefully slice and parboil hotdogs to make them look like octopuses. And all those bento boxes are positively bedazzled with tackiness.

Brownbagging it and proud. :)

Feb 8th, '08, 12:00

by Mary R » Feb 8th, '08, 12:00

Matcha butter with red bean scones?! Oh, that sounds delicious! Now I'm itching to spend time in the kitchen...curses!

Feb 8th, '08, 13:15

by xine » Feb 8th, '08, 13:15

I forgot all about j-store.com. I do like some of those bento boxes though, I must admit. I like the idea of perfect symmetry and everything in nice, little neat compartments (NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! type of way...sometimes). There is a yellow one that looks passable, but I think I would look like a bit of a douche eating a pb and jelly from my yellow bento box. Perhaps I will get one for my culturally-specific cuisine lunches.

Feb 14th, '08, 09:45

by CynTEAa » Feb 14th, '08, 09:45

Xine, this made me think of you!

hehe!

Feb 14th, '08, 09:47

by Victoria » Feb 14th, '08, 09:47

Wow sounds delish! Want some right now!

+ Post Reply