Shincha 2008 Lineup

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 8th, '08, 10:39

by witches brew » May 8th, '08, 10:39

Chip wrote:
witches brew wrote:
Chip wrote:That sounds like a true TeaExperience WB!!! That has been in and out of my cart for a couple weeks.

He/she who hesitates, does't get the Hashira.
Well, put it BACK in your cart. It was a TeaExperience for me, and I am curious what someone with more tea experience thinks of it.
OK, the good witch of the east made me do it.

Did you brew this is your giant cauldron over an open flame.

I think you put a spell on me...I gotta get this!!!!

EDIT...the deed is done. I went with the gift set, with free shipping, etc, I figure the kyusu is only 12 bucks. (pure rationalization)
Earth: a tiny Tokoname pot, that I cradle in my hands as if to embrace the world.
Air: the heady aroma of the fresh, shining green leaves floats on the breeze.
Fire: flames lick the kettle, setting the water to dance.
Water: the dancing water is one with the mountain spring and the gentle rain.

Spirit: All things come together in a perfect cup.

I dare not use the large cauldron. If one small pot of tea is this enchanting, a cauldron full would create an uncontrollable TeaFrenzy across the globe.

May 8th, '08, 11:07

by chamekke » May 8th, '08, 11:07

I wonder exactly how many TeaChatters rushed off and ordered Den's Hashiri based on that ecstatic review by witches brew.

{holds up hand}

OK, I know I'm overcompensating for not receiving any of my already-ordered shincha yet. But I like to think of it as establishing a new relationship :wink: (This is my first order with Den's.)

May 8th, '08, 12:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 12:23

Selaphiel wrote:Placed an order for some Shincha yesterday, 100g of Uji Kirameki and 100g of Yutaka Midori.

Been a bit absent from the tea world lately due to pretty heavy workloads and experiences, but had a nice cup of Uji Gyokuro Yume no ukihashi that really re-kindled the old tea spirit :D
Was hoping for some brewing tips on the shincha I ordered, so if you have a good feeling for it please let me know.
Welcome home!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 8th, '08, 12:28

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 12:28

chamekke wrote:I wonder exactly how many TeaChatters rushed off and ordered Den's Hashiri based on that ecstatic review by witches brew.

{holds up hand}

OK, I know I'm overcompensating for not receiving any of my already-ordered shincha yet. But I like to think of it as establishing a new relationship :wink: (This is my first order with Den's.)
Now there is some high powered rationilization!!!

I also wondered the same thing about TeaChatters all spellbound by the witchs incantation...running crazily to Den's for fear of it being sold out.

I just order Hashira, went back later to look at the other two offerings...GONE! It is not even in stock yet and it is sold out?!!!!!!

May 8th, '08, 12:30

by Victoria » May 8th, '08, 12:30

Ummm yeah! That was some review.
{holds up hand}

Reminds me of my perfume review days; I created a few buying frenzys myself.
I guess it's my turn.
:D
Last edited by Victoria on May 8th, '08, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

May 8th, '08, 12:30

by Pentox » May 8th, '08, 12:30

Chip wrote:
chamekke wrote:I wonder exactly how many TeaChatters rushed off and ordered Den's Hashiri based on that ecstatic review by witches brew.

{holds up hand}

Now there is some high powered rationilization!!!

I also wondered the same thing about TeaChatters all spellbound by the witchs incantation...running crazily to Den's for fear of it being sold out.

I just order Hashira, went back later to look at the other two offerings...GONE! It is not even in stock yet and it is sold out?!!!!!!
Technically the other two offerings just aren't in stock. It's not that they say they're sold out, they're just out of stock on something that has yet to get in stock.

May 8th, '08, 12:34

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 12:34

Seems that if it is not in stock yet and is out of stock...reading through the Japanese translator...seems like that means it is gone...we should ask the good witch!!!!!!!

Earth: a tiny Tokoname pot, that I cradle in my hands as if to embrace the world.

I dare not use the large cauldron. If one small pot of tea is this enchanting, a cauldron full would create an uncontrollable TeaFrenzy across the globe.

Do not listen to the witch's incantations....probably too late! You might as well just go and order the Hashira and get it over with. You will have no peace til you do!

May 8th, '08, 12:44

by Pentox » May 8th, '08, 12:44

Chip wrote:Seems that if it is not in stock yet and is out of stock...reading through the Japanese translator...seems like that means it is gone...we should ask the good witch!!!!!!!

Do not listen to the witch's incantations....probably too late! You might as well just go and order the Hashira and get it over with. You will have no peace til you do!
Two days away from the other two being avail, i'm waiting for them all to be avail before placing my order. I wasn't planning on ordering 3 oz of the hashira, a bit too pricey for me to order more than normal of.

On a different shincha related note, I was looking at the hibiki-an offerings and was wondering if anyone ordered the pinnacle grade. Does anyone have any experience with Hibiki-an's different grades and have any insight as to whether the pinnacle grade warrants the 2x price difference over the regular shincha offering?

May 8th, '08, 13:29

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 13:29

Pentox wrote:
Chip wrote:Seems that if it is not in stock yet and is out of stock...reading through the Japanese translator...seems like that means it is gone...we should ask the good witch!!!!!!!

Two days away from the other two being avail, i'm waiting for them all to be avail before placing my order. I wasn't planning on ordering 3 oz of the hashira, a bit too pricey for me to order more than normal of.

On a different shincha related note, I was looking at the hibiki-an offerings and was wondering if anyone ordered the pinnacle grade. Does anyone have any experience with Hibiki-an's different grades and have any insight as to whether the pinnacle grade warrants the 2x price difference over the regular shincha offering?
Let the witch try the pinnicle!!! :wink: The shincha traditional was a top 3 of all the shincha I had last year...very different, but intensely veggie.

Pentox, I am really thinking the other grades are gone from Den's. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the selections did not state "out of stock" previously. I know I missed them last year after waiting too long.

May 8th, '08, 13:39

by Pentox » May 8th, '08, 13:39

They both say avail May 10th on them. I'm pretty sure they're not out of stock on something they haven't gotten in yet. Could just be me though.

Now you're making me worried about my order for the hashiri though.

May 8th, '08, 14:11

by auggy » May 8th, '08, 14:11

Chip wrote:Pentox, I am really thinking the other grades are gone from Den's. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the selections did not state "out of stock" previously. I know I missed them last year after waiting too long.
When I ordered from them last week (non-shincha) all of the shinchas were out of stock. So unless they just went really fast, I think you are still safe.

A little loopy from all the shincha you have purchased, but safe.

May 8th, '08, 14:29

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 14:29

auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:Pentox, I am really thinking the other grades are gone from Den's. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the selections did not state "out of stock" previously. I know I missed them last year after waiting too long.
When I ordered from them last week (non-shincha) all of the shinchas were out of stock. So unless they just went really fast, I think you are still safe.

A little loopy from all the shincha you have purchased, but safe.
Loopy :lol: ...is that like caffeinated from the shincha Hatsumi???

OK, maybe I am wrong...there is a first for everything. :wink:

May 8th, '08, 15:33

by witches brew » May 8th, '08, 15:33

Chip wrote:
Let the witch try the pinnicle!!! :wink: The shincha traditional was a top 3 of all the shincha I had last year...very different, but intensely veggie.
:) I just ordered some. And the third shincha I'll be tasting will be ItoEn's best. I don't think it is in stock yet, and I don't have time to go uptown until next week.

And to think I was planning to skip shincha until I knew more about green tea...silly me.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

May 8th, '08, 15:37

by Pentox » May 8th, '08, 15:37

Ooo yay. Now I can wait to see if I want to order the pinnacle or not based on WB :)

May 8th, '08, 15:38

by JT » May 8th, '08, 15:38

I've also been waiting to order Den's Hashiri until the others are in stock. I've been checking their Shincha page everyday since it was first put up and the other two have never been available to add to the cart yet. Unless they all sold out within a few hours and i missed it. Hmm..

I'm going to ask Den about this. I'll report my findings later.

+ Post Reply