Made the switch

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 8th, '08, 19:48

Made the switch

by Samovar » Apr 8th, '08, 19:48

I finally made the complete switch to green teas. I've been a black tea drinker for years and eventually I began to try different greens.

I drink mainly Matcha and Sencha but once in awhile I do sip China teas.

My favorite sites for green teas are:

Den's Teas (Sencha)
PacLeaf (Matcha and Sencha)
ROT (China Superfruit teas)

Samovar

Apr 8th, '08, 19:58

by Ed » Apr 8th, '08, 19:58

Welcome home, Samovar 8)

Apr 8th, '08, 20:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 8th, '08, 20:57

Cool...been there and still basically doing that...especially if you call greener oolongs green.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 8th, '08, 22:33

by Salsero » Apr 8th, '08, 22:33

Well, I like my blacks and my puerh and my oolongs, but I am getting to the point where I can understand how even a strong man can become a complete slave to the greens, esp the Japanese greens. There is something positively hypnotic and drug-like about them.

Apr 10th, '08, 07:55

by Ed » Apr 10th, '08, 07:55

Well said, Salsero.

Apr 10th, '08, 11:04

by Mary R » Apr 10th, '08, 11:04

Well said, indeed.

Apr 10th, '08, 19:33

by Beanbean » Apr 10th, '08, 19:33

I try really, really hard to like green tea. REALLY hard. Unfortunately, I just don't enjoy it. It may be that I just can't find one that I like. Green tea is bitter and tastes a bit like lawn trimmings. I keep trying and I'm getting a bit closer but overall, I think I'm just a black and oolong type o' gal. **sigh**

Apr 10th, '08, 20:11

by RussianSoul » Apr 10th, '08, 20:11

Beanbean wrote:Green tea is bitter and tastes a bit like lawn trimmings. ... **sigh**
Beanbean, this is exactly what I was saying for years. And years... "Bitter and tastes like grass." Until I lowered the temperature of the water and shortened the brewing time. And then - OMG! A green world opened for me. Just my little story.

Apr 10th, '08, 20:18

by augie » Apr 10th, '08, 20:18

Rock on Samovar! I am totally hooked on Den's Sencha, you might never turn back.
Beanbean wrote:I try really, really hard to like green tea. REALLY hard. **sigh**
Bean: My DH hates green tea too. Also calls them "lawn clippings". I bought him some houjicha and didn't tell him what it was or ask him to try. I took a cup when we were going somewhere in the car. "oh, this is great. You're hoarding this!" He says. Then I told him it was technically green tea - steamed.

Salsero, that is so true. Friday I went out to dinner and ordered a margarita slammed it down on an empty stomach -- not smart. Handed the keys to my sober husband who nearly killed us in one of those stupid roundabouts. I got home and thought, "dangit, I wished I just had a cup of good tea"!

Apr 10th, '08, 20:37

by Salsero » Apr 10th, '08, 20:37

augie wrote: My DH hates green tea too...
Believe me, I know what a disappointment those husbands can be! You spin some pretty entertaining yarns on TeaChat starring him, however. You may want to syndicalize and at least make a buck off the the guy for a change!
augie wrote: ordered a margarita slammed it down on an empty stomach --
Ah, this is how so many tales of woe begin! (/me nods balding head wisely)

Personally, I can't drive after drinking tea either ...especially the really good Japanese stuff. Leaves me totally inoperable for a couple hours.

(Seriously, your relationship sounds lovely and playful. I really enjoy the domestic moments you portray. Moar!)
Last edited by Salsero on Apr 11th, '08, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 11th, '08, 01:12

by osadczuk » Apr 11th, '08, 01:12

augie wrote:Salsero, that is so true. Friday I went out to dinner and ordered a margarita slammed it down on an empty stomach -- not smart. Handed the keys to my sober husband who nearly killed us in one of those stupid roundabouts. I got home and thought, "dangit, I wished I just had a cup of good tea"!
Heh, those Carmel roundabouts will be the death of all of us. My mother enjoys posting figures about increased accident rates to the mayor, but his "listening skills" don't seem to be the best...

Amusingly enough my husband tried drinking coffee this week and fell flat. I asked him how he was making it and nearly passed out from his discription (a corporate coffee maker, the horror!) so I gave him a sip of my french pressed coffee. We can convert our spouses, it just takes some work...

Apr 11th, '08, 15:15

by augie » Apr 11th, '08, 15:15

osadczuk wrote: Heh, those Carmel roundabouts will be the death of all of us. My mother enjoys posting figures about increased accident rates to the mayor, but his "listening skills" don't seem to be the best...
I live on the west side, this was some bubba in Avon driving an a*#holemobile, complete with a "Bart Lies" bumpersticker. Rush hour is the worst!

Next time I am going to enjoy tea or a mixed drink at home. I can buy one decent selection of tea for the $10 bucks the one mixed drink cost me!

+ Post Reply