den's tea - sencha zuiko


Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

den's tea - sencha zuiko

Postby inspectoring » Apr 21st, '08, 00:48

Just tried some....really good for a sencha - it tastes pretty much like a gyokuro...and for the price they are asking - I might as well go with the gyokuro. The cherry blossom tea on the other hand is really good...especially better than republicoftea.
inspectoring
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Feb 11th, '

Postby Wesli » Apr 21st, '08, 01:21

I'm sure it's good. $40/100grams. Sheesh!
User avatar
Wesli
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 8th, '0
Location: 3161 A.D.

Postby Salsero » Apr 21st, '08, 01:27

Wesli wrote:I'm sure it's good. $40/100grams. Sheesh!
At that price why waste your money on tea. Just get drugs. Be happy. :D

We will be expecting a full report of your experience with this stuff.
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 21st, '08, 01:43

Salsero wrote:We will be expecting a full report of your experience with this stuff.


Of the drugs...:?: or the tea...:?:

:shock:
User avatar
PolyhymnianMuse
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: Sandy Run Road, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Salsero » Apr 21st, '08, 01:59

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Salsero wrote:We will be expecting a full report of your experience with this stuff.


Of the drugs...:?: or the tea...:?:

:shock:
... and samples ...
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 21st, '08, 02:42

Salsero wrote: ... and samples ...


... of both?
User avatar
PolyhymnianMuse
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: Sandy Run Road, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Chip » Apr 21st, '08, 03:36

I had it last year...it was a mind blowing experience.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22126
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Pentox » Apr 21st, '08, 12:12

Hm at 40/100g that's pricey, but it's not like it's gyo range pricing though. (well for some gyo's it is).

I think i'm going to try some this year.
User avatar
Pentox
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Jan 14th, '
Location: CA

Postby Chip » Apr 21st, '08, 14:04

Nice thing, you can try 56 grams for 20 bucks. I would likely not have spent 40 on 112 grams.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22126
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Wesli » Apr 21st, '08, 14:42

Chip wrote:Nice thing, you can try 56 grams for 20 bucks. I would likely not have spent 40 on 112 grams.

This is true, and is also the reason I don't buy gyo. I would pay $25 for 56 grams of gyo every once in a while. But paying $40-plus for a single bag of tea is past my pay-scale.
User avatar
Wesli
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 8th, '0
Location: 3161 A.D.

Postby inspectoring » Apr 22nd, '08, 09:09

Wesli wrote:
Chip wrote:Nice thing, you can try 56 grams for 20 bucks. I would likely not have spent 40 on 112 grams.

This is true, and is also the reason I don't buy gyo. I would pay $25 for 56 grams of gyo every once in a while. But paying $40-plus for a single bag of tea is past my pay-scale.

Exactly Wesli - I have to agree with you. Hence some of my posts are addressing the cost part of the tea consumption. WHile we can always justify any price of the tea with all sorts of comparison, I don't think its practical to drink a gyo for everyday purposes.
Having said that, recently I went on a quest to find a very good gyo with an affordable price and I have to say among all I tested, harney wins with 30 $ for 4 oz (~ 120 oz)
inspectoring
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Feb 11th, '


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation