Matcha Made With Sencha (instead of hot water)

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 5th, '08, 16:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 5th, '08, 16:16

Members should be banned for trying this...

But you never know what experimenting will bring to the table. I would never have thought of this. NEVER...but that does not make it wrong in my eyes. Just way out of the box.

But.....there already is sencha leaf (usually lower grade) dusted with matcha (again usually lower grade)...which can be pretty good and certainly better than the low grade sencha alone. I would expect a similar result.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 5th, '08, 16:34

by trent » Jun 5th, '08, 16:34

Talk about "way out of the box," I was inspired by a post I saw on http://community.livejournal.com/puerh_tea/ about making matcha w/ pu erh!

Regarding matcha dusted sencha, I was thinking of real usatcha or even koicha matcha, i.e. more matcha concentration than dusted sencha.

Jun 5th, '08, 16:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 5th, '08, 16:41

trent wrote:Talk about "way out of the box," I was inspired by a post I saw on http://community.livejournal.com/puerh_tea/ about making matcha w/ pu erh!

Regarding matcha dusted sencha, I was thinking of real usatcha or even koicha matcha, i.e. more matcha concentration than dusted sencha.
I have dusted my own sencha in batches...it is amazing how much matcha can cling to sencha leaf...and I can choose what I want to blend.

But yeah, if you want to make it a little more traditionally...go for it, no laws against it.

I have no plans on matcha-pu...or is it pu-matcha...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 5th, '08, 19:01

by Mary R » Jun 5th, '08, 19:01

Pentox & olivierco wrote:Psh, how could you ever get us confused? His avie is soooooo different than mine.
*Shakes fist in cranky old lady fashion.* I'm sure there's a special place in hell for the pair of yeh hooligans!

Thanks for the laugh!

Jun 5th, '08, 19:54

by joelbct » Jun 5th, '08, 19:54

scruffmcgruff wrote:Come on people, haha, read his post and not just the title!
Well now from the edit its obvious what he meant... Sencha liquor not Sencha Spent Leaf ;) Both sound like crazy ideas to me anyway...

Jun 5th, '08, 19:59

by Pentox » Jun 5th, '08, 19:59

Mary R wrote:
Pentox & olivierco wrote:Psh, how could you ever get us confused? His avie is soooooo different than mine.
*Shakes fist in cranky old lady fashion.* I'm sure there's a special place in hell for the pair of yeh hooligans!

Thanks for the laugh!
Is it right next to you?

Jun 5th, '08, 20:13

by Space Samurai » Jun 5th, '08, 20:13

I figure there's precedent for this, like adding a shot of espresso to your coffee.

Just tried it...didn't taste much of a difference honestly; I felt the matcha tasted a smidgen more astringent, rougher. I wouldn't waste good tea on this, but if you wanted more of something, caffiene, "health benefits" ( :roll: ), I could see why someone would mess around with this.

+ Post Reply