Fueled by Tea Compost:

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 6th, '08, 19:27

Fueled by Tea Compost:

by joelbct » Aug 6th, '08, 19:27

The garden at present, and a haul of delicious heirloom cherry tomatoes. There's also some larger tomatoes, basil, rosemary, green beans, some types of lettuce...

I seriously think all that Tea Compost helps a lot... And I figure if we can grow 5-foot tall tomato vines, perhaps Camellia sinensis plants will thrive as well? [Considers planting over the yard and opening 1/2 acre Tea Estate]

<--- Currently drinking the last of the Ito En Kagoshima Superior Shincha... Nice after-work treat.

Aug 6th, '08, 20:44

by Wesli » Aug 6th, '08, 20:44

Hey good goings Joel! I've just been tossing my spent leaves at the base of a giant maple. They haven't decomposed yet, :? , but they're going to!

BTW Joel, I made an order with Itoen, and tried the Megami. It's as good as you said it would be. Thanks for the good recommendation Joey.

Aug 6th, '08, 20:47

by Ed » Aug 6th, '08, 20:47

Dood, those tomatoes look awesome.

Aug 6th, '08, 21:38

by inspectoring » Aug 6th, '08, 21:38

Ed wrote:Dood, those tomatoes look awesome.
be careful...they are very high in caffeine...

Aug 6th, '08, 21:46

by joelbct » Aug 6th, '08, 21:46

Wesli wrote:BTW Joel, I made an order with Itoen, and tried the Megami. It's as good as you said it would be. Thanks for the good recommendation Joey.
My pleasure. Yeah the Megami and the Chiran Kanaya Midori are the shizzle =}
This is probably a good time of year for them too. I've gotsta stop by the ol IE before long.

And yup the tomatoes are pretty awesome. They are just starting up, in a few weeks we'll have hundreds of them... Nature rocks-
Not sure about the caffeine content tho...

Aug 8th, '08, 01:52

by inspectoring » Aug 8th, '08, 01:52

Wesli wrote:Hey good goings Joel! I've just been tossing my spent leaves at the base of a giant maple. They haven't decomposed yet, :? , but they're going to!

BTW Joel, I made an order with Itoen, and tried the Megami. It's as good as you said it would be. Thanks for the good recommendation Joey.
Megami rocks - I think one of the best sencha teas I have tried. You might want to try it out cold - same amount of water and leaves - just put the pot in the refridgerator.

Aug 8th, '08, 02:16

by Wesli » Aug 8th, '08, 02:16

joelbct wrote:My pleasure. Yeah the Megami and the Chiran Kanaya Midori are the shizzle =}
w00t. I got that Chiran too, and a bag of Makinohara. :D

Aug 8th, '08, 09:27

by shogun89 » Aug 8th, '08, 09:27

Nice garden Joel, looks very much like mine but I had to put up a whole fence because of the deer. I also do composting, I have one pile for everything leaves, kitchen scraps and tea leaves so I cant say that its the tea leaves making the garden flourish. Since you live in NY the only variety of cam sin you will be able to grow is the Korean variety.
I believe I have one Assamica and one Sinensis. I grew them from seed from this site, I hve to grow them in pots to bring them in for the winter. So go for a bunch of Koreans and your plantation may work, Although the plants must be 3-4 yrs. before harvesting.

+ Post Reply