Green Tea Box Pass??

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 6th, '08, 16:45

Green Tea Box Pass??

by tsusentei » Oct 6th, '08, 16:45

Hello All,

I don't know if everyone realizes that these box passes are going on all around us, but I for one am jealous! I was thinking about a Green Tea Box. Personally, I consider greens to be the most vital and delicious, and I am always looking for an opportunity to try a new one, without having to buy 20 single ounces online.

So here is what I was thinking:

Rules similar to the other box passes.

1) All entrants must have joined TeaChat prior to June 15th, 2008 and have no less than 50 posts under their belt. (I know that I don't have that many, but I am offering to start it(^^))
2) I will throw in say 6 teas from the get go, and each person will add two or more (hopefully at least one they like).
3) Each addition should be at least 2 oz(?), so everyone can have a pot and compare notes~.
4) After receiving the box, it should be shipped out to the next person in less than seven days.

After the box has done one circuit we can add a few new members and take it for another spin!

If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can try to work out a list. I am thinking around 10 members, making it a two-month Box Pass on the outside. Perhaps a late October start to have it wrapped up by Christmas?

It can also be more focused, like a Sencha Box(!), if people think that they have enough Sencha available to them?? Let me know~

Any Green drinkers out there?!?!?!

Oct 6th, '08, 19:01

by Jack_teachat » Oct 6th, '08, 19:01

I would really be up for this if you were willing to ship it to the uk? Jack :D

Oct 6th, '08, 22:02

by devites » Oct 6th, '08, 22:02

Personally I think most of these boxes last at least a week with each person and green tea only tastes good for 3 months. My suggestion is to find a buddy to do sampling with. Maybe in like a month (when I get my next paycheck) and I would love to do a mini tea box pass. Maybe a gyo, a sencha, and a genmaicha from Hibiki-an.

+ Post Reply