Has anyone tried Hibiki-an's organic gyokuro?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 14th, '09, 21:55

Has anyone tried Hibiki-an's organic gyokuro?

by TokyoB » Jan 14th, '09, 21:55

I'm under the impression that organic Japanese green tea tends to have less flavor. I can live with this though if it is good none-the-less. Has anyone tried the organic gyokuro from Hibiki-an? If so, how does it compare. And while we're at it, any thoughts on any of the other Hibiki-an gyokuro?

Jan 14th, '09, 22:10

by chingwa » Jan 14th, '09, 22:10

Haven't tried their organic, but I just received their Gyokuro premium. as far as my experience goes it's really really nice. Though I'm a bit of a gyokuro novice. I also tried their Kuradashi Gyokuro a couple years ago, but the steeping method I was using at that time was sure not to get the most out of Gyokuro... I enjoyed it quite a bit nonetheless, and I anticipate trying it again this year now that I'm more gyo-du-cated... :)

Jan 14th, '09, 22:12

by Pentox » Jan 14th, '09, 22:12

I haven't had the organic gyokuro from Hibiki-an, but in general my experience has been that any tea labeled just as Organic isn't going to be as good of a product. Mostly I believe it is because they don't have anything better to label it as. I believe that there are good organics out there, just not that the main selling point is just going to be Organic Sencha or Organic Gyokuro. It's like if that's the best thing they can say about it, it's not saying much.

I've also heard that the first few years after changing to an organic farm, the product is not as good, but develops over time.

Hibiki-an's higher end products have all been quite good. Their super premium and above grades tend to be very high quality and worth trying.

+ Post Reply