NEW! Official JAPANESE GREEN Tea Vendor Guide

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 5th, '11, 03:05

Re: NEW! Official JAPANESE GREEN Tea Vendor Guide

by Oni » Jan 5th, '11, 03:05

It is possible to order online from marukyu koyamaen, via e-mail and fax, it is a bit complicated but worth it if you want some of the highest quality teas from Japan.

Jan 31st, '11, 07:20

by Fireflower » Jan 31st, '11, 07:20

i can telle that hojo service is amazing, i suggest it without any doubt

Jul 11th, '11, 14:03

by sherubtse » Jul 11th, '11, 14:03

Has anyone had any recent experience ordering tea from the following 2 vendors:

Chado Tea House
http://www.chadoteahouse.com/1chadoteahouse.asp

Umami-Chaya
http://www.umami-chaya.com/

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jul 11th, '11, 14:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 11th, '11, 14:10

Umami-Chaya, yes ... 2 orders. I was pleased with some, but disappointed with their Yurtaka Midori selections, tried both.

I have been checking their site out since the start of shincha ... I see no mention and teas have seemingly not been updated to shincha nor 2011.

Jan 18th, '12, 01:14

by aeflo » Jan 18th, '12, 01:14

does anyone know a good vendor for japanese green, which is shipping from europe?
would be quite nice to know one, because the ems-charges when ordering from japan are quite high in my country (12 euro for each recieved ems-package) which is ok for me with larger orders, but sometimes i only need 3 bags or so.

would be great if someone could help me (and i hope i placed this request in the right thread)

Jan 18th, '12, 01:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 18th, '12, 01:26

Hi, I would suggest posting under Green Tea forum of TeaChat.

Apr 30th, '12, 13:42

by shinobicha » Apr 30th, '12, 13:42

I would like to nominate Thes du Japon. Thanks!

Apr 30th, '12, 13:44

by shinobicha » Apr 30th, '12, 13:44

I think Hojo has 5 or more Japanese green teas now... so they could technically be added, I will +1 them.

May 8th, '12, 09:54
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » May 8th, '12, 09:54

Umami-chaya's site seems to have vanished into the haze. Anyone ever figure out who they really were?

May 8th, '12, 10:38
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » May 8th, '12, 10:38

Kevangogh wrote:Umami-chaya's site seems to have vanished into the haze. Anyone ever figure out who they really were?
I was wondering about that myself...I received an email response from them back in February, but that's about it. :roll:

May 13th, '12, 04:40

GreenTea-Japan.com

by robbie_olive » May 13th, '12, 04:40

GreenTeaJapan wrote:This is Phil from GreenTea-Japan! Thank You AdamMY for finding us. We don't turn up anywhere in the search engines and have only just started out so you did well to find us!!

I found TeaChat as one of the 10 hits we have had in the last few days so I made my way over here. :?

I really like the feel of this place too, and feel I'm going to learn a lot. I have only recently started out as a vendor of Japanese Green Tea. That said, I suppose you could say we are taking it seriously as we have met the farmers directly and we have it packaged to our own specifications. ( I live in Japan) That said, I know I will be learning a lot from everyone... thanks.

I think our site and the wording of it probably needs a lot of work. We are open to any suggestions.

I found out some great stuff about a place called Yame near where I live... Apparently they have the no 1 gyokuro in Japan for the last 5 years running..anyway, thats for another topic.
OMG! These guys have SEIJU MACCHA from Yame-shi!!! I have looking everywhere to get this online, but the last place that I had bought it from, umami-chaya.com, for some unfortunate reason, the website doesn't exist anymore!!! But I stumbled across GreenTea-Japan.com via reading some posts on here, and lo and behold, I found it again!!!

SEIJU maccha is really, really, REALLY good!! I've tried many koicha, and this one makes probably the best. I have also tried O-cha.com's 'MANTEN' maccha. To be honest, it was well over-priced and over-rated, and I didn't think very highly of it (and neither did my tea ceremony sensei!!). The sweetness and umami taste that it claimed to have, just wasn't there!

For me, I shall continue to have Seiju from Yame, or Tokiha no Mukashi from Uji-en Seicha, which I've only been able to obtain in person in Japan at this stage.....HINT HINT ;) !!!

May 13th, '12, 06:54

by sherubtse » May 13th, '12, 06:54

GreenTea Japan has an interesting site.

But has anyone actually ordered from them? If so, what was the tea like, as well, as shipping, etc.?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

May 13th, '12, 07:00

by robbie_olive » May 13th, '12, 07:00

sherubtse wrote:GreenTea Japan has an interesting site.

But has anyone actually ordered from them? If so, what was the tea like, as well, as shipping, etc.?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I've just gone ahead and ordered 100gms of the Seiju Maccha with EMS tracking, so I look forward to receiving it very soon! I've had the Seiju Maccha before, which is excellent! If it works out ok, I'll be ordering the Seiju there from now on.

Cheers!

Feb 26th, '13, 18:58

by sigreen » Feb 26th, '13, 18:58

Any one heard of the japanese green tea vendor ochadokoro sanwa? I have ordered from them and i find their teas to be satisfaying but not top notch. Has anyone ordered from them because i dont see them mentioned anywhere...

Apr 4th, '13, 11:52

by 5am » Apr 4th, '13, 11:52

Ryu Mei is a new discovery of mine they seem to sell a variety of Japanese teas. I really like their tea tin selection.
They sell tea tins on Amazon right now too. So you get Amazon's customer protection.

+ Post Reply