TeaSpring "Official" Grn, Ool, Wh/Yel, Hrb Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 19th, '10, 00:02
Scrolling: scrolling

TeaSpring "Official" Grn, Ool, Wh/Yel, Hrb Tea Topic

by Chip » Jan 19th, '10, 00:02

TeaSpring was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Green Tea (other than Japanese greens), Oolong, White/Yellow, and Herbal categories. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Green and Oolong, White/Yellow, and Herbal Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Green, Oolong, White/Yellow, Herbal Tea Vendor Guide for TeaSpring.com Consider this a perennial topic for Green, Oolong, White/Yellow, Herbal teas from TeaSpring to discuss and review.

Green: http://www.teaspring.com/green-tea.asp
Oolong: http://www.teaspring.com/oolong-tea.asp
White/Yellow: http://teaspring.com/white-tea.asp
Herbal: http://www.teaspring.com/herbal-tea.asp

Official Green, Oolong, White/Yellow, Herbal Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view
the main Green TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11931
and the main Oolong TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 02#p141802
and the main White/Yellow TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11930
and the Herbal TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11928
and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Oct 12th, '10, 01:46

Re: TeaSpring "Official" Grn, Ool, Wh/Yel, Hrb Tea Topic

by Leo_Blue » Oct 12th, '10, 01:46

I have ordered a couple orders of teas from Teaspring this year so far and both have been excellent. The first time I ordered: Jiu Hua Fo Cha, Bai Hao Yin Zhen, and Tie Guan Yin (the cheapest grade). The Yin Zhen and Fo Cha were both excellent, the former being one of my favorite teas so far (only been drinking loose leaf for about 5 months). The TGY was a very cheap grade so it wasn't excellent, but good for daily drinking.
My second order was: Te Ji Jasmine Pearls, Dong Ding Oolong, and Jun Shan Yin Zhen. I haven't had a lot of the first two yet, but the Jun Shan Yin Zhen was absolutely wonderful. I think I might have one more session worth of leaves of it and I am sad to see my tin so close to empty.
Teaspring is the first and only online vendor I've purchased from so it is hard to say how great they are since I don't have much to compare it to. But I have not been disappointed so far.

Edit: I HAVE ordered from one other vendor online. I ordered some Sheng Pu-erh samples... I don't know how I spaced that.

Jun 26th, '11, 10:49

by Poohblah » Jun 26th, '11, 10:49

Does anybody else have any experiences with TeaSpring that they would like to share? I want to place an order from them soon, since they have a good variety and cheap shipping, but if I hear nice things about them, then I think I'll increase my order :D

Jun 26th, '11, 11:07

by Chip » Jun 26th, '11, 11:07

The many Chinese greens and a few oolong I had ordered all met or exceeded my expectations. Very positive experiences all around.

Jun 26th, '11, 19:55

by JRS22 » Jun 26th, '11, 19:55

I ordered an assortment of greens, whites and yellows last year because of their low shipping charge and positive feedback on Tea Chat. I found some of the teas were too smoky and none were as good as Jing. Still, last year was supposed to be a bad year for Chinese tea, so YMMV.

Apr 17th, '12, 03:34

by Leo_Blue » Apr 17th, '12, 03:34

I feel a bit sad to see that Teaspring hasn't seen much love since I became inactive on TeaChat. I just recently put in an order for some of TeaSpring's first flush '12 teas. I will post on my experience in a couple weeks when the teas arrive and I have the time to taste them. Anyone else ordered from TeaSpring recently?

Apr 23rd, '12, 21:07
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Apr 23rd, '12, 21:07

[I'm not sure if this comment belongs here. If it doesn't, do forgive me and do move/delete my post.] :roll:

Is it just me or is quite a few TeaSpring clone sites? I.e. sites with identical offerings and range or sites with verbatim-copy descriptions, or both. I've come across so many such sites recently. Maybe it's just same tea source? Not sure about the identical descriptions though.... :roll:

Apr 24th, '12, 10:07

by Leo_Blue » Apr 24th, '12, 10:07

I hadn't seen any of these clone sites. Though I do tend to stick with just a few sites and don't really explore much else. I'm trying to get a feel for what TeaSpring and a couple others have to offer before really going out there and trying something completely new. I wouldn't be surprised if TeaSpring and/or these other sites just use a word for word translation off another site (perhaps from their supplier's site?).

Jul 12th, '12, 07:39

by iovetea » Jul 12th, '12, 07:39

SilentChaos wrote:[I'm not sure if this comment belongs here. If it doesn't, do forgive me and do move/delete my post.] :roll:

Is it just me or is quite a few TeaSpring clone sites? I.e. sites with identical offerings and range or sites with verbatim-copy descriptions, or both. I've come across so many such sites recently. Maybe it's just same tea source? Not sure about the identical descriptions though.... :roll:
this bothers me too, you know i have seen so many tea sites that seem to be so identical (not to tea spring but to other sites)... sometimes they even use the same pics... sometimes i wonder if all teashops owned by a guy who has friends all over the world but in the end its probably just copy cating

Jul 12th, '12, 08:05

by JRS22 » Jul 12th, '12, 08:05

Maybe Teaspring is also a wholesaler and the customers are allowed to use TS text and photos. That happened a while ago with a Puerh vendor (YS?).

Jul 12th, '12, 10:13

by iovetea » Jul 12th, '12, 10:13

JRS22 wrote:Maybe Teaspring is also a wholesaler and the customers are allowed to use TS text and photos. That happened a while ago with a Puerh vendor (YS?).
so what now is tea spring a good shop to buy tea or not??

Jul 12th, '12, 11:30

by Chip » Jul 12th, '12, 11:30

iovetea wrote:
JRS22 wrote:Maybe Teaspring is also a wholesaler and the customers are allowed to use TS text and photos. That happened a while ago with a Puerh vendor (YS?).
so what now is tea spring a good shop to buy tea or not??
I would not hesitate buying Chinese greens from TeaSpring.

Jul 12th, '12, 15:03

by iovetea » Jul 12th, '12, 15:03

thank you very much i wasn't sure about that.

Jul 12th, '12, 16:55

by etorix » Jul 12th, '12, 16:55

ive made 4 orders now from Teaspring, mostly 2012 teas

all arrived quickly, all nice teas too, imho

my only niggle is the clear tape they use to seal the boxes, it seems to split easily, but they do use string as well ..

Jul 12th, '12, 17:22

by Poohblah » Jul 12th, '12, 17:22

etorix wrote:ive made 4 orders now from Teaspring, mostly 2012 teas

all arrived quickly, all nice teas too, imho

my only niggle is the clear tape they use to seal the boxes, it seems to split easily, but they do use string as well ..
Better than other vendors. I've had teas from others arrive in ziplock pouches which were open upon arrival.

+ Post Reply