Feb 10th, '16, 21:22

Re: Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by JRS22 » Feb 10th, '16, 21:22

I have a Seong-il tea tray that I use every day. I'm not sure why a tea boat is preferable, at least for the way that I drink tea. I can put all the tea ware and the tea caddy on the tray to carry everything to the table. Then when I'm brewing tea the tray collects spilled water when I'm pouring it from the kettle to the tea pot, and then from the tea pot to the cup. Then back to the counter for cleanup.

It's one of my favorite pieces of teaware. It looks and feels beautiful and provides all the function I need.

Feb 10th, '16, 22:06

by Tead Off » Feb 10th, '16, 22:06

JRS22 wrote:I have a Seong-il tea tray that I use every day. I'm not sure why a tea boat is preferable, at least for the way that I drink tea. I can put all the tea ware and the tea caddy on the tray to carry everything to the table. Then when I'm brewing tea the tray collects spilled water when I'm pouring it from the kettle to the tea pot, and then from the tea pot to the cup. Then back to the counter for cleanup.

It's one of my favorite pieces of teaware. It looks and feels beautiful and provides all the function I need.
I don't think I said a tea boat is preferable to a tea tray. A tea tray is great, but for speed or small places, a tea boat is very practical and easy to use and a lot less expensive. Both are serving the same practical purpose, to keep the area clean & tidy and to add an aesthetic element to the visuals.

Feb 10th, '16, 23:25
Vendor Member

by ethan » Feb 10th, '16, 23:25

Having held & examined his teapots, I can imagine the teaboat being very pleasing. I like sitting in an easy chair w/ small fold-up tray-table by it. I could easily elevate my mood & the positive effects of my surroundings carrying a teaboat w/ teapot on board to the simple pine wood. The porcelain will look different as the sun goes down, as I use different lamps, as I notice something I missed before. All very nice. When tired the boat would be lighter to carry than a tray.
However, my sister would get annoyed. I bought that while not paying her a full share of the rent. How could I?
Meant to post that enlarging the photographs gives more an idea of the variegated colors & tones. I think photos only capture a fraction of the beauty.

Feb 17th, '16, 21:31

by JRS22 » Feb 17th, '16, 21:31

Tead Off wrote:
JRS22 wrote:I have a Seong-il tea tray that I use every day. I'm not sure why a tea boat is preferable, at least for the way that I drink tea. I can put all the tea ware and the tea caddy on the tray to carry everything to the table. Then when I'm brewing tea the tray collects spilled water when I'm pouring it from the kettle to the tea pot, and then from the tea pot to the cup. Then back to the counter for cleanup.

I don't think I said a tea boat is preferable to a tea tray. A tea tray is great, but for speed or small places, a tea boat is very practical and easy to use and a lot less expensive. Both are serving the same practical purpose, to keep the area clean & tidy and to add an aesthetic element to the visuals.
I stand corrected. I drink tea at my kitchen table, with my tea kettle on one side and the tea tray on the other, so space is not an issue. My Seong-il tea tray is one of my favorite pieces of teaware.

May 28th, '16, 01:28

by Tead Off » May 28th, '16, 01:28

NEW WORK FROM KIM EUNG CHUL

I have just posted 12 teapots and 11 servers to my dropbox site. This is an interesting collection of both stoneware and porcelain teapots and servers.

The stoneware is glazed with seashell and soda ash slip. Teapots are unglazed internally. Servers have shino glaze internally.
Porcelain teapots have blue glaze motifs and are stunning. Servers use the same porcelain but are undecorated.

Please have a look here.

May 28th, '16, 10:55

by debunix » May 28th, '16, 10:55

Tead Off wrote:NEW WORK FROM KIM EUNG CHUL
Please have a look here.
Do look here....and here.....and here...

Jun 4th, '16, 05:07

by Tead Off » Jun 4th, '16, 05:07

A big thank you to all those who have purchased something in the latest offerings by Eung Chul. There are still plenty of great items left for purchase. CLICK

Jul 1st, '16, 13:50

by Tead Off » Jul 1st, '16, 13:50

NEW WORK FROM SEONG IL!!

I've just posted a collection of teapots, gaiwan, and servers. Many are made with a new type of porcelain clay that Seong il calls silk porcelain. Very fine with a silky feel to them. As always, unique designs and glazings.

He has just returned from an international pottery exhibition held in Beijing.

Please enjoy the work here.

Sep 29th, '16, 23:43

by Tead Off » Sep 29th, '16, 23:43

NEW WORK FROM SEONG IL.

10 teapots
3 tea boats
5 new style servers

Have a look here.

Oct 1st, '16, 21:20
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 1st, '16, 21:20

The new-style servers offer different ways to hold the server & new looks. Your potters keep making impressive changes. Thanks for sharing.

Oct 1st, '16, 22:09

by Tead Off » Oct 1st, '16, 22:09

ethan wrote:The new-style servers offer different ways to hold the server & new looks. Your potters keep making impressive changes. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Ethan. Design is an integral part in making teaware. Seong il loves to create variations in his work. With these servers, the shape, which is more modern, is mixed with the blue stamp-like design reminiscing the Chinese blue and white porcelain wares. These really work well in form and function.

Nov 8th, '16, 10:15

by Tead Off » Nov 8th, '16, 10:15

NEW WORK FROM KIM EUNG CHUL.

I have just posted 10 teapots and 2 servers. The Holiday Season is fast approaching and I was only able to get these from Eung Chul. New designs and glazing. You will see Eung Chul's Korean spin on Japanese Nerikomi, a mixed clay technique. Instead of an all over design, Eung Chul uses this technique for accent, creating some tasty work which is much more subtle than the typical Nerikomi designs.

Please enjoy them here.

Nov 8th, '16, 10:41
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 8th, '16, 10:41

Advice to teachatters: Take the time to use your enlarge feature on individual photos. After doing that I could see the great glazing work on these masterpieces. Thanks for posting Teadoff.

Nov 8th, '16, 18:37

by debunix » Nov 8th, '16, 18:37

That 'nerikomi-ish' ware is terrific. Too bad my tea-shelves are stuffed full.

Nov 8th, '16, 22:26

by victoria3 » Nov 8th, '16, 22:26

Beautiful pieces! Black exterior with white interior a very nice idea :wink:

+ Post Reply