Apr 22nd, '11, 00:19

Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by Tead Off » Apr 22nd, '11, 00:19

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t3ggycyu6tw8 ... [b]TEAWARE ONLINE INTRO[/b]

This will be my modest attempt at establishing an online teaware site which will hopefully grow to include several potters working in various styles and regions in the world. My goal is to establish relationships with potters working in the genre of teaware, particularly Asian style teaware, and consign or purchase collections of their work for resale. This will enable me to offer work of high quality and artistic merit at very reasonable prices.

I am not certain if I will confine my selections to those potters who live and work in Asia as there are many who live in other parts of the world who produce excellent wares. It just might be easier to manage this if I limit the work to Asian sources. I will leave the door open and see who walks in.

To kick off this new venture, I am proud to offer the work of:

HONG SEONG-IL

Seong-il lives and works in Boseong, South Korea. Boseong is located in Jeollanam-do province in the southwest of Korea, and, is a large producer of teas. You can see the lovely hills covered in verdant green tea bushes just about everywhere. In the midst of this, Seong-il produces teaware in his studio using stoneware, porcelain, and, onggi clays. He fires primarily in a gas kiln and on occasion, woodfires. He is what I would call a creative potter, stepping out of the traditional mold and creating lyrical yet practical implements for making and drinking tea. His is a rustic, yet, sophisticated style of teaware that makes a statement. I hope you enjoy his work as much as I do.

PURCHASING WORKS: From now until May 25, 2011, I have special pricing for Seong-il’s teapots, $99. + shipping. Please ask questions about any of the work.

SHIPPING: Seong-il’s work will be either drop-shipped from South Korea directly to the buyer or shipped from Bangkok, Thailand. We ship worldwide. Shipping costs will be actual and will be quoted depending on weight and type of service. All shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.

GUARANTEE: If buyer is not satisfied with a purchase, they will have 5 days to notify me and arrange for a return. Buyer will bear all shipping charges both to them and any return back to me. Item must be returned in original condition. We will make all efforts to pack well and ship promptly.

PAYMENT: Until further notice, all payments will be made through Paypal. Contact me directly for payment instructions. Please PM me on Teachat with any enquiries.

THANK YOU!!
Last edited by Tead Off on Feb 23rd, '14, 21:21, edited 3 times in total.

Apr 22nd, '11, 00:32
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by Chip » Apr 22nd, '11, 00:32

Woot, finally some more Seong-il!

First buy from this new endeavor! :mrgreen:

Apr 22nd, '11, 00:37

by Tead Off » Apr 22nd, '11, 00:37

Congratulations and much thanks for kicking this off!!

This teapots reminds me of Aladdin's lamp. :D

Apr 22nd, '11, 08:22

by rabbit » Apr 22nd, '11, 08:22

Chip wrote:Woot, finally some more Seong-il!

First buy from this new endeavor! :mrgreen:
That's an awesome pot chip! Really pretty color.

Apr 22nd, '11, 08:56

by Drax » Apr 22nd, '11, 08:56

Ooooh, very beautiful!

I can't check dropbox from work... *pout*.... Guess I'll have to check when I get home.

Apr 24th, '11, 02:12

by Tead Off » Apr 24th, '11, 02:12

Thanks to everyone for their support and purchases.

As inventory gets sold off, I will add more items. One of the things Seong il is working on are tea caddies made from onggi clay. These caddies are made from pure clays as is all of Seong il's work. No chemicals of any kind are added in for color or any other reason.

One question I have to Tea Chatters is about size of teapots. For the type of teapots that Seong il makes, what sizes would you like to see offered here?

With reference to serving vessels/water coolers/pitchers, what sizes do teachatters want most? I have purposely added large 500ml servers because many tea drinkers brew in larger pots and need a larger vessel to pour into. These vessels can, of course, be used for serving all kinds of liquids.

THANKS, AGAIN

TEAD OFF

Apr 25th, '11, 14:13

by teaisme » Apr 25th, '11, 14:13

wow nice deff interested to see what you bring in!

Chip snagged a nice one whoa, I like all the smaller pots with the small spouts.
#5 in servers is beautiful, if it was <300ml I would definitely consider something in that style.

Apr 25th, '11, 14:40

by tortoise » Apr 25th, '11, 14:40

I think they are great. What is the price after May 25? Won't be making the intro discount date.

Apr 25th, '11, 23:59

by Tead Off » Apr 25th, '11, 23:59

tortoise wrote:I think they are great. What is the price after May 25? Won't be making the intro discount date.
I'm not certain what the price will be, maybe 10% more. I'm trying to keep prices reasonable. I will also add items when more are sold. I enroute to Korea and will arrive tonight. I am sitting on the airport in K.L.

May 2nd, '11, 23:02

by Tead Off » May 2nd, '11, 23:02

Tead Off wrote:
tortoise wrote:I think they are great. What is the price after May 25? Won't be making the intro discount date.
I'm not certain what the price will be, maybe 10% more. I'm trying to keep prices reasonable. I will also add items when more are sold. I enroute to Korea and will arrive tonight. I am sitting on the airport in K.L.
Tortoise,

I am here in Korea with Seong il. So much to see. Mungyeong Festival was very good with many artists showing their pottery including Rob Fornell. Every teapot I saw was at least $150 from the simplest types that are offered in Korea. So, after May 25, the price for Seong il's teapots will go to $115. This is considered to be very low by Korean standards.

May 5th, '11, 18:49

by Chip » May 5th, '11, 18:49

So the pot arrived in what I estimate was 60 hours from the time of pickup, that is crazy fast. Yes, I did go EMS.

The pot is very beautiful and very well represented by the photos from T-O/Seong-Il. Great hand feel and function. The size was spot on. These are pretty important things to me and many TCers I suspect?

I first brewed up some Shui Xian '09 yesterday which to me seemed outstanding. I may semi dedicate this pot to more heavily oxidized oolong, though not sure. The exterior seems to be screaming for green teas! :mrgreen:

The weather was dismal, too much so for a good photo. So, I will post photos soon.

This is the first of certainly at least several pieces I plan on purchasing from this Korean artisan. The price points seem attractive as well with this collaboration.

May 5th, '11, 19:14

by ikpatje » May 5th, '11, 19:14

the link on the introduktion is not working ?

May 5th, '11, 19:18

by Chip » May 5th, '11, 19:18

ikpatje wrote:the link on the introduktion is not working ?
It is working here.

After you open the site, you have to choose the artisan. In this case, you have one choice, Hong Seong-Il. Click on his name and follow to the next page which allows you to select what kind of teaware you are looking for by this artisan.

May 5th, '11, 19:20

by ikpatje » May 5th, '11, 19:20

ok - now its ok

Always Chip to help my :-)

thanks

May 5th, '11, 20:15

by iannon » May 5th, '11, 20:15

are there descriptions somewhere of pot volumes that I missed perhaps? just wondering

+ Post Reply