May 31st, '11, 00:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by Chip » May 31st, '11, 00:49

Beautiful chawan-s :!:

Jun 5th, '11, 23:43

by Tead Off » Jun 5th, '11, 23:43

I have just added some guinomi to the site from Elena Renker. Please have a look! http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/458415/1 ... e?h=8ab0ad

Jun 7th, '11, 04:46

by Tead Off » Jun 7th, '11, 04:46

All plates by Seong il have been sold out. We are taking special orders for sets of various sizes. If anyone is interested in getting any sets made, please let me know. We can custom make whatever sizes you need.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/458415/1 ... e?h=8ab0ad

Jun 9th, '11, 04:18

by Tead Off » Jun 9th, '11, 04:18

I will be adding more work from Seong il very soon. He has made a special group of small teapots mostly in porcelain, which have a capacity of 50-80ml for those who like using small pots. Small pots are excellent for sampling teas, drinking alone, and, for gongfu cha. In Korea, it is difficult to find such small pots. They exist but one needs to really search for them.

I will also be adding more tea caddys. New shapes, both porcelain and onggi. These will be hard to resist if you like Seong il's style. :D

Jun 11th, '11, 04:19

by Tead Off » Jun 11th, '11, 04:19

ONGGI PUERH STORAGE JARS

I have been asked by posters whether Seong il makes jars to store full cakes of Puerh and also cakes that have been broken up for immediate drinking. He does make these type of jars but they must be special ordered as he must prepare his kiln differently to fire onggi clay as opposed to his regular production of stoneware and porcelain with shino.

I have posted a photo of his traditional onggi jar showing a capacity for 2 cakes as an example of this type of jar. This example has onggi glazing on both interior and exterior. Unglazed interiors are also possible. http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/458415/3 ... s?h=08f723

The prices are as follows:

3 cake jar=$60.
7 cake jar=$120.
plus shipping.

Seong il fires onggi only once in awhile so orders need to be prepaid and your waiting time will vary, maybe up to a couple of months. Onggi is fired at a lower temperature than stoneware.

There will also be special orders for onggi Puerh jars with shino and wood ash glaze but these will be more expensive because of the extra work involved.

Jun 17th, '11, 00:12

by debunix » Jun 17th, '11, 00:12

Today a jaunty little teapot by Seong-il arrived, bouncy and beautiful. Better photos will come shortly, but for the moment, you can check it out here, in the company of some other lovely things that also arrived today.

The hard part will be to decide what teas to use this one for. It's unglazed inside, and I think it is asking to brew up some fine green oolongs. Those seem likely to fit the lively personality of this little gem.

Jun 17th, '11, 01:34

by Tead Off » Jun 17th, '11, 01:34

debunix wrote:Today a jaunty little teapot by Seong-il arrived, bouncy and beautiful. Better photos will come shortly, but for the moment, you can check it out here, in the company of some other lovely things that also arrived today.

The hard part will be to decide what teas to use this one for. It's unglazed inside, and I think it is asking to brew up some fine green oolongs. Those seem likely to fit the lively personality of this little gem.
Glad it arrived quickly and safely. Let us know what you decide to use it!

Jun 17th, '11, 03:08

by Tead Off » Jun 17th, '11, 03:08

[quote="Tead Off"]All plates by Seong il have been sold out. We are taking special orders for sets of various sizes. If anyone is interested in getting any sets made, please let me know. We can custom make whatever sizes you need.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/458415/3 ... s?h=3d6278

Jun 19th, '11, 02:02

by debunix » Jun 19th, '11, 02:02

I have decided to use the new pot by Seong-il for green oolongs. Tonight I've prepared delicious infusion after delicious infusion of Diamond TGY from Norbu in this gem of a pot.

It is a teapot with attitude

Teapot by debunix, on Flickr

it does not have facets on the little body of the pot, but the lid has a spritely faceted handle that makes me smile every time I look at it

The size is wonderful, holding just 60 mL, but even so small it has nice details, like the strainer in the spout

The neat pour from this

and a delicately curled handle

In my teapot 'tasting' this morning, it had only slight effect on the water, and it seems to be preserving all the wonderful floral, sweet, and spicy highlights of the TGY I'm brewing tonight. It seems quite solidly built for such a little pot, and I have high hopes it will serve me for many years of happy teatimes.

Jun 19th, '11, 08:40

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 08:40

Debunix, thanks for the positive review and the good photos! It'd be great if you could also post something on 'Show Off Your New Teaware' or in the Korean teaware thread. Thanks!

Jun 19th, '11, 08:43

by yinwenqian » Jun 19th, '11, 08:43

what the teapot made of

Jun 19th, '11, 12:34

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 12:34

yinwenqian wrote:what the teapot made of
porcelain.

Jun 19th, '11, 12:47

by Stentor » Jun 19th, '11, 12:47

That's a gorgeous teapot.

Tead Off, are you planning on getting a more sophisticated website for your business (and please don't take this the wrong way!!) or maybe use Etsy or something?
Right now it's just not very comfortable to just browse the available items...

Jun 19th, '11, 12:57

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 12:57

Stentor wrote:That's a gorgeous teapot.

Tead Off, are you planning on getting a more sophisticated website for your business (and please don't take this the wrong way!!) or maybe use Etsy or something?
Right now it's just not very comfortable to just browse the available items...
Criticism is well deserved! A new website is in the plan, however, this is not my day job, so to speak, and, I am also a bit lazy. Kicking me might speed it up, though.

btw, why do you say it's not very comfortable to browse? I find it very easy but I need a website to include much more information than I can post on dropbox. And, make available many features like automated shopping and question/answer possibilities. Thanks for the feedback.

Jun 19th, '11, 13:08

by Chip » Jun 19th, '11, 13:08

*gets in line to kick TO* :lol:

For now, it communicates your products, perhaps Stentor meant just not uber convenient.

+ Post Reply