Jun 19th, '11, 13:14

Re: Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 13:14

Chip wrote:*gets in line to kick TO* :lol:

For now, it communicates your products, perhaps Stentor meant just not uber convenient.
That's why I was asking him for more feedback and specifics. Nothing happens fast in SE Asia. Too hot. :D

Jun 19th, '11, 13:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Stentor » Jun 19th, '11, 13:29

Yeah, I just meant it is less convenient and less, how do I put it, "clearly arranged" when compared to browsing a shop on Etsy or any online shops website.

Right now, you have to find the first picture that belongs to an item, hover your mouse over it to get details, pay attention to when the next item is pictured (sometimes they look similar, e.g. the serving vessels).
If every item had a specific page, all the photos of this item would be viewable from that page, all the details (even additional ones, since there would be more room) could be listed etc. (Again, like a shop on Etsy, for instance)

So mainly it is convenience, I guess. The dropbox thing you're doing right now works (like Chip said, "it communicates your products") but it's obvious it was not intended to be used as a system for an online shop.

However, that doesn't make the products any less great nor does it reduce my appreciation for your efforts of making this beautiful teaware available to us!

Jun 19th, '11, 13:31

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 13:31

Thanks, Stentor.

Jun 19th, '11, 14:02

by debunix » Jun 19th, '11, 14:02

I am sharing my new teapot outside of TeaChat, and it would be nice to have a site to link to that does not require prospective purchasers to follow the threads here in order to find out how to buy the wares. As it is, it was very easy for me, but it might be off-putting if I weren't already here.

Jun 19th, '11, 14:07

by AdamMY » Jun 19th, '11, 14:07

Part of the criticism I think is occasionally there are very similar pieces listed side by side, so its hard to realize that its really 2 different pieces with 4 photos each, and not 8 photos of one piece. In short it is a good beginning method, but I agree if you could set up pages based on individual pieces, and give a lot more information it would be great.

Jun 19th, '11, 22:04

by Tead Off » Jun 19th, '11, 22:04

debunix wrote:I am sharing my new teapot outside of TeaChat, and it would be nice to have a site to link to that does not require prospective purchasers to follow the threads here in order to find out how to buy the wares. As it is, it was very easy for me, but it might be off-putting if I weren't already here.
This is the weak link in dropbox. There is no way for people to contact me that I can put into that site. This is why I began the rollout through Teachat, because it was already an active place for tea and teaware that many people already know about. Hopefully, it's only the beginning and once I figure out what I'm going to do with it, all these elements will be ironed out.

To date, I've been very pleased with the response and sales of Seong il's work. But, I've added Elena Renker's work and have had zero response. This is very puzzling to me as she is a very good potter who is particularly liked by many other potters who are familiar with her work. She has been a regular invitee to the Mungyeong Tea Bowl Festival where she exhibits side by side with potters like Phil Rogers, Lisa Hammonds, and, Rob Fornell. Not bad company. Petr Novak has also mentioned her in his blog http://potsandtea.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... ories.html

Jun 19th, '11, 22:31

by iannon » Jun 19th, '11, 22:31

Tead Off wrote:
debunix wrote:I am sharing my new teapot outside of TeaChat, and it would be nice to have a site to link to that does not require prospective purchasers to follow the threads here in order to find out how to buy the wares. As it is, it was very easy for me, but it might be off-putting if I weren't already here.
This is the weak link in dropbox. There is no way for people to contact me that I can put into that site. This is why I began the rollout through Teachat, because it was already an active place for tea and teaware that many people already know about. Hopefully, it's only the beginning and once I figure out what I'm going to do with it, all these elements will be ironed out.

To date, I've been very pleased with the response and sales of Seong il's work. But, I've added Elena Renker's work and have had zero response. This is very puzzling to me as she is a very good potter who is particularly liked by many other potters who are familiar with her work. She has been a regular invitee to the Mungyeong Tea Bowl Festival where she exhibits side by side with potters like Phil Rogers, Lisa Hammonds, and, Rob Fornell. Not bad company. Petr Novak has also mentioned her in his blog http://potsandtea.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... ories.html
I actually really like thise shino's from Elena..just havent seen quite the right one size-wise for me. I have come to budget my teawares such that if i KNOW its not just the right "fit" for me I dont get it. Chawan's I just dont need..and 4oz and smaller cups im overstocked with sooo..if there are any 160-200 ml ones coming up/ ;)

Jun 19th, '11, 22:44

by Chip » Jun 19th, '11, 22:44

Perhaps some of it is because we are familiar with Seong-il's work through his topic here and the free promotion, and have developed a desire to own as a result. That and his work has been scarce anyway.

Had Elena been posting in a TA topic previously, I bet there would be buyers lined up.

Just a thought.

Jun 19th, '11, 22:46

by iannon » Jun 19th, '11, 22:46

Chip wrote:Perhaps some of it is because we are familiar with Seong-il's work through his topic here and the free promotion, and have developed a desire to own as a result. That and his work has been scarce anyway.

Had Elena been posting in a TA topic previously, I bet there would be buyers lined up.

Just a thought.
I was thinking that myself as well..so much nice teaware out there..so many good potters..

Jun 19th, '11, 22:51

by Chip » Jun 19th, '11, 22:51

I tend to buy what I "know," I tend to "know" what is discussed in one way or another on TeaChat. It is like TC is a Teaware interest generating machine! :lol:

Jun 19th, '11, 23:36

by debunix » Jun 19th, '11, 23:36

To buy teaware beyond the basic, functional things I get from my local shop, it needs to fill some little gap I can invent in my current collection, or be so amazing that I just go ahead and get it anyway. I don't drink matcha, so chawans are out, and some of my smaller teacups are already little used.....so I have to cave in and start buying display cabinets, or stop buying them. Right now, I'm trying not to cave, although she does have some gorgeous wares.

Jun 21st, '11, 10:28

by Chip » Jun 21st, '11, 10:28

... I wanted to add, her works are gorgeous. The summer chawan is really amazing ... as are all of her chawan.

Jun 21st, '11, 10:38

by David R. » Jun 21st, '11, 10:38

Chip wrote:... I wanted to add, her works are gorgeous. The summer chawan is really amazing ... as are all of her chawan.

+1

Jun 21st, '11, 10:45

by debunix » Jun 21st, '11, 10:45

I looked again, closely, at the teacups instead of the chawans, and if I didn't already have a surfeit of them, I'd be ready to buy some, because the sizes are good, the glazes are gorgeous, and the prices are excellent.

Aug 11th, '11, 13:20

by Tead Off » Aug 11th, '11, 13:20

In the next few days, I will be posting new work by Seong il. Teapots, caddys, cups, and, Puerh jars. There will be many new styles of teapots that I will be offering so please check in and enjoy the work.

+ Post Reply