Aug 28th, '13, 11:36
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tead Off, TEAWARE ONLINE

by Chip » Aug 28th, '13, 11:36

Wild handles and lid knobs!

Are all the screens like the one screen pictured?

Aug 28th, '13, 13:07

by JRS22 » Aug 28th, '13, 13:07

My recent purchases of KIM EUNG CHUL teaware. The colors are more intense than shown in these photos but the pots feel as graceful as they appear. I thought I'd have no use for a 'huge' 200 ml pot but in fact it's quite useful for Chinese greens and for the chamomile that I try to drink every day for medicinal purposes.

Aug 28th, '13, 13:48

by Tead Off » Aug 28th, '13, 13:48

Chip wrote:Wild handles and lid knobs!

Are all the screens like the one screen pictured?
Yes, all screens are like the one pictured. Flat, not balled.

Sep 5th, '13, 00:49

by Geekgirl » Sep 5th, '13, 00:49

Received my Oribe pot and server yesterday. (Seong Il) They are exquisite. I enjoyed my tea all afternoon.

Sep 5th, '13, 09:38

by Tead Off » Sep 5th, '13, 09:38

Geekgirl wrote:Received my Oribe pot and server yesterday. (Seong Il) They are exquisite. I enjoyed my tea all afternoon.
Super!

Sep 5th, '13, 10:39

by kikula » Sep 5th, '13, 10:39

My daughter just asked me why I was smiling at my computer screen. I said, "Teaware."
Something about these pieces, both artists, just make me feel happy. So graceful and bouyant and sweet-souled.
They are wonderful.

Sep 5th, '13, 22:24

by Tead Off » Sep 5th, '13, 22:24

kikula wrote:My daughter just asked me why I was smiling at my computer screen. I said, "Teaware."
Something about these pieces, both artists, just make me feel happy. So graceful and bouyant and sweet-souled.
They are wonderful.
For me, the artistic elements are very appealing and both artists execute in different ways. That is only the beginning, though. The actual tea-making is really where they shine even more. All clays are pure with no additives. Most of Seong il's works have unglazed interiors. Eung Chul's vary between glazed and unglazed. I have found that these teapots work with all kinds of teas, even puerh, young and old. I always have to hold myself back from praising the results of this work in other threads as it would be taken as self-promoting, but I can't say enough good things about them.

Sep 11th, '13, 08:54

by Tead Off » Sep 11th, '13, 08:54

5 New teapots from Hong Seong il. 80-100ml capacity. Please enjoy them here.

Feb 21st, '14, 07:16

by Tead Off » Feb 21st, '14, 07:16

Friends,

Because of the enormous problem that tea drinkers have in trying to choose well made Yixing teapots with unadulterated clays online, I will be showcasing some specially commissioned teapots from a workshop in Yixing by someone here in Thailand. All the teapots have good clays, and are picked for their classic shapes, workmanship, and value. All are private label seals in Thai, with year of manufacture. Workshop seal is inside the lid. All have proved to be good brewing vessels for various teas by myself and fellow tea drinkers here in Bangkok. The prices will be very competitive for entry level, half-handmade teapots. The aesthetics should also be immediately be apparent. Clays will be modern zhuni from Zhao Zhuang Mountain, zi ni, and a special mix of zi ni and duanni which creates an interesting visual. These will be available in limited quantity. They are all special orders and will not be available for ordering again when they are sold out. Sizes are for those that favor smaller teapots.

Feel free to ask any questions. I will post again as soon as the photos are prepared and put on my site.

Feb 21st, '14, 11:12

by Tead Off » Feb 21st, '14, 11:12

Dear Friends,

Because of the enormous problem that tea drinkers have in trying to choose well made Yixing teapots with unadulterated clays online, I will be showcasing some specially commissioned teapots from a workshop in Yixing by someone here in Thailand. All the teapots have good clays, and are picked for their classic shapes, workmanship, and value. All are private label seals in Thai, with year of manufacture. Workshop seal is inside the lid. All have proved to be good brewing vessels for various teas by myself and fellow tea drinkers here in Bangkok. The prices will be very competitive for entry level, half-handmade teapots. The aesthetics should also be immediately be apparent. Clays will be modern zhuni from Zhao Zhuang Mountain, zi ni, and a special mix of zi ni and duanni which creates an interesting visual. These will be available in limited quantity. They are all special orders and will not be available for ordering again when they are sold out. Sizes are for those that favor smaller teapots.

The teapots are gas fired twice at about 1200C. The clay particles are sized through a #60 sieve. These were made in 2012 and 2013.

Please let me know if you have any questions. The link is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/coksd8fhw7eb249/OjeRnaxrDv
Photo 1a shows a wet spot on lid collar that looks dark.
Photo 2a shows the lid off kilter. Lid slipped when photographed.
Both are perfect. Lids fit well.

Best Regards,

Tead Off

Feb 21st, '14, 11:34

by William » Feb 21st, '14, 11:34

Hi TeadOff,

Pm sent.

Feb 21st, '14, 12:50

by Devoted135 » Feb 21st, '14, 12:50

*yoink* :!: :mrgreen: 8)
[size=75]"I wish I was at home in my nice hole by the fire, with the kettle just beginning to sing!" [i]~Bilbo Baggins[/i][/size]

Feb 22nd, '14, 00:47

by the_economist » Feb 22nd, '14, 00:47

Ah is this how the extremely graceful and apparently not-quite-extinct (?) zhaozhuang zhuni clay looks like? Fascinating. Whoever commissioned them must have quite the ability to bargain with the potters. Congratulations on finding such a source.
“A cup of tea would restore my normality.”
- Douglas Adams

Feb 22nd, '14, 01:15

by Tead Off » Feb 22nd, '14, 01:15

the_economist wrote:Ah is this how the extremely graceful and apparently not-quite-extinct (?) zhaozhuang zhuni clay looks like? Fascinating. Whoever commissioned them must have quite the ability to bargain with the potters. Congratulations on finding such a source.
You might want to read this article here

Feb 22nd, '14, 03:31

by Tead Off » Feb 22nd, '14, 03:31

For those who need an explanation to what is referred to as 'half-handmade', please click here.

+ Post Reply