White 2 Tea Co. - Fine Puer Teas

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Oct 19th, '13, 00:38
Vendor Member

Re: White 2 Tea Co. - Fine Puer Teas

by TwoDog2 » Oct 19th, '13, 00:38

I will keep you updated - I am scouting around for a good option!

Oct 19th, '13, 21:56

by sherubtse » Oct 19th, '13, 21:56

TwoDog2 wrote:I will keep you updated - I am scouting around for a good option!
Good! I am looking forward to see what you come up with. 8)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 21st, '13, 09:02
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 21st, '13, 09:02

Back by the popular demand of Sherubtse - it's out (apparently?) annual Black Friday Tea Sale!

Last year we gave away some ripe 100 grams Hongyun cakes for Black Friday. This year we are switching it up and going raw. With each order over 50 USD (pre-shipping) we will give away a free 2013 Xiaguan 503 100 gram tuo. For orders over 100 USD (pre-shipping) we will instead give a free 2013 Xiaguan Snake Tuo to help you commemorate the year of the snake. Customers who spend over 150 USD (pre-shipping) will get both tuos!

This promotion will last from Friday, November 29th until Monday December 2nd at midnight! We hope you all enjoy it - especially Sherubtse!

Nov 21st, '13, 09:46

by sherubtse » Nov 21st, '13, 09:46

Very interesting indeed, TwoDog2! 8)

I'll have a serious look at the offer, as well as the teas you have for sale. Might even ask a few questions and/or seek guidance on choices.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 21st, '13, 10:08
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 21st, '13, 10:08

sherubtse wrote:Very interesting indeed, TwoDog2! 8)

I'll have a serious look at the offer, as well as the teas you have for sale. Might even ask a few questions and/or seek guidance on choices.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

I will be sure to keep an eye on the thread before the sale to answer anybody's questions

Nov 21st, '13, 20:19

by sherubtse » Nov 21st, '13, 20:19

OK. I have taken a cursory glance at your site, and have a few questions:

1. There are no shipping options mentioned, though you do give some general shipping info. Could you provide more details about shipping methods, rates, etc.?

2. Which is better for the new puer drinker - cakes/compressed or loose?

3. There are numerous terms used which (thankfully) you translate with short explanations, e.g., huigan, kuwei, gongting, etc. Which of these characteristics are important when choosing teas for the novice?

4. Along with the teas you have mentioned previously in this thread (2004 Jianshen Tuo & 2011 Dayi Wuzideng Ripe), I have selected a few others for consideration:

- 2012 White 2 Tea Taochaju Giant Steps
- 2008 Haichao Chenxiang
- 2006 Yunhai Nannuo
- 2007 Jin Gui Lincang
- 2005 Ripe Bulang Maocha
- 2006 Ripe Gongting Maocha

Would you please offer suggestions about the suitability of these for the afore-mentioned novice drinker?

Many thanks. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 25th, '13, 21:48
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 25th, '13, 21:48

sherubtse wrote:OK. I have taken a cursory glance at your site, and have a few questions:

1. There are no shipping options mentioned, though you do give some general shipping info. Could you provide more details about shipping methods, rates, etc.?

2. Which is better for the new puer drinker - cakes/compressed or loose?

3. There are numerous terms used which (thankfully) you translate with short explanations, e.g., huigan, kuwei, gongting, etc. Which of these characteristics are important when choosing teas for the novice?

4. Along with the teas you have mentioned previously in this thread (2004 Jianshen Tuo & 2011 Dayi Wuzideng Ripe), I have selected a few others for consideration:

- 2008 Haichao Chenxiang
- 2006 Yunhai Nannuo
- 2007 Jin Gui Lincang

Would you please offer suggestions about the suitability of these for the afore-mentioned novice drinker?

Many thanks. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
1. For shipping methods, we try to match the closest economic option with the shipping rates. This usually means that heavier packages around 2 Kg will be shipped SAL, where as a light package like .5 Kg will be shipped by air. Most shipments arrive within 1-3 weeks, heavier packages tend to take longer.

2. For a new puer drinker, I would recommend that they try both a loose maocha and a compressed tea and decide which suits them the best. For a few dollars it is easy enough to pick up samples of some loose and some compressed tea. In general, most of our customers prefer compressed teas, but some prefer loose. If anybody would like a younger maocha from spring of 2013, I would be happy to stick 10 grams on their order if they make a note. I think I still have enough to service all of teachat.

3. Again, I have to give a stock answer of "it is all personal preference!" Characteristics such as kuwei [the pleasant bitterness of a tea] might be very desirable to one puer drinker, but another person might prefer a light tea with a fast huigan [sweet aftertaste]. For a new puer drinker, I usually recommend that they sample several teas like one Bulang, one Lincang, one Nannuo, etc. Then take notes and pick a tea they generally enjoy and buy a cake to drink consistently. This helps them build a frame of reference rather then getting lost in a sea of samples. With so many productions and vintages a person could ostensibly go their entire life without drinking the same tea twice. I think there is an advantage in understanding one tea deeply rather than sampling forever, even though sampling has its place in puer education.

A tea with a strong sweet aftertaste and complexity. Very suitable for a novice drinker. Good gateway gushu blend

- 2008 Haichao Chenxiang
A light and easy to understand shu. Very suitable for a novice drinker.

- 2006 Yunhai Nannuo
Cost versus age is attractive. This tea might be more difficult for a novice drinker to enjoy right away.

- 2007 Jin Gui Lincang
Very easy for even non-puer drinkers to understand. Floral, light.

I personally enjoy this shu, but for a novice drinker there are less expensive options as an introduction.

For a novice drinker, I would recommend trying a gongting ripe tea at some point. This tea is a fairly cost effective way to do that.

I hope this helped - let me know if there are any other questions!

Nov 27th, '13, 11:35

by sherubtse » Nov 27th, '13, 11:35

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, TwoDog2. :D

Nov 28th, '13, 11:53

by sherubtse » Nov 28th, '13, 11:53

I should also say that I appreciate your no-nonsense, down-to earth approach to the subject of puers - a real boon for rank novices like myself. Thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 30th, '13, 01:13
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 30th, '13, 01:13

sherubtse wrote:I should also say that I appreciate your no-nonsense, down-to earth approach to the subject of puers - a real boon for rank novices like myself. Thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Thanks! I am glad.

I hope that people are able to wade through the muck of online tea marketing. I know how it feels to be overcharged for a well marketed product only to discover it is junk. I try to be straightforward about the teas on my site and let the tea speak for itself.

Feb 6th, '14, 17:42

by sherubtse » Feb 6th, '14, 17:42

I finally fired an order off, after much delay. My package arrived on Tuesday, 2 weeks to the day from when I ordered and about 10 days from the time it was shipped.

I was quite pleased with the speed of delivery, as well to see that TwoDog2 had the tea very well packed. Several complimentary samples were sent, along with a hand-written note. If the teas are as good as TwoDog2's service, they should be fantastic! Many thanks TwoDog2. :D

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Feb 6th, '14, 18:03

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Feb 6th, '14, 18:03

sherubtse wrote:I finally fired an order off, after much delay. My package arrived on Tuesday, 2 weeks to the day from when I ordered and about 10 days from the time it was shipped.

I was quite pleased with the speed of delivery, as well to see that TwoDog2 had the tea very well packed. Several complimentary samples were sent, along with a hand-written note. If the teas are as good as TwoDog2's service, they should be fantastic! Many thanks TwoDog2. :D

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Sherubtse, I hope you are well! Please post back on your tea experience; I'm also considering an order!

Blessings!

Feb 6th, '14, 19:39

by sherubtse » Feb 6th, '14, 19:39

Yes, I am well, TeaArt08. Thanks for asking!

I will post my impressions about the puers. Rather nervous about trying them, though, as I had a 1-2 year-old sheng last week that smelled like my father's old work pants. But ... I'll keep an open mind.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Feb 6th, '14, 21:52
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Feb 6th, '14, 21:52

Thanks for the praise Sherubtse - and no need to be cautious about posting tea opinions. How does that saying go?

One man's father's old work pants is another man's treasure ... or something like that.

Feb 10th, '14, 15:33

by sherubtse » Feb 10th, '14, 15:33

I see that TwoDog2 has introduced a few new heichas into his lineup:

http://www.white2tea.com/tea-shop/produ ... an-heicha/

There are several blog posts that accompany the new teas:

http://www.white2tea.com/2014/02/10/liu ... o-guangxi/

http://www.twodogteablog.com/2014/02/10 ... ea-granny/

Unfortunately, there are no sizes associated with the cost of each package of tea. Perhaps TwoDog2 could make the appropriate adjustments on the website.
Best wishes,
sherubtse

+ Post Reply