SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Feb 13th, '13, 17:32
Vendor Member

SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

by SilentChaos » Feb 13th, '13, 17:32

After many unanticipated delays, a lot of learning about everything, and a lot of help from everyone all around, Origin Tea is finally open! :D This will be my first ever attempt at an ecommerce site of any sort.

We offer a range of Taiwanese GaoShan and mid-fire oolongs, as well as aged puerhs (roughly 10 years or older).

For the next week or so, new teas and teawares will be uploaded on an almost daily basis.

Visit us at: http://www.origintea.net

Secure Transactions
We do not store, handle or even get a look at any of your banking details. Origin Tea processes all payments through Paypal.

Shipping
It is our aim to process and ship all orders with in 2 working days (Monday to Friday). Origin Tea ships all packages via Taiwan Post by either EMS or Air Parcel Post depending on your choice. Delivery time for EMS is roughly within 7 days for most locations around the world; and for Air Parcel Post, roughly 7 to 14 days. You will receive a notification email containing your tracking code upon shipment.

Returns & Refunds
We will gladly accept returns of unopened and undamaged items, provided that you send us email notification stating reasons within 30 day after you receive your order.

If you have any questions or requests, please contact me at info@origintea.net or a TeaChat PM works too.
Last edited by SilentChaos on Mar 3rd, '13, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 13th, '13, 19:17

Re: Silent Chaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

by sherubtse » Feb 13th, '13, 19:17

Interesting site & teas.

Too bad I was unable to sign up for the newsletter without registering an account. Perhaps you could add that feature.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Feb 13th, '13, 20:59
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Feb 13th, '13, 20:59

Looks good SC. :) Good luck with the new site!

Feb 13th, '13, 22:43

by Poohblah » Feb 13th, '13, 22:43

Looks awesome SC!! I may be placing an order soon... :twisted:

Feb 13th, '13, 22:57

by Tead Off » Feb 13th, '13, 22:57

Good Luck!!

The DYL is very inexpensive. It must be one of the farms that is lower than the 105k farm, is this correct? What oxidation level? Organic?

Feb 13th, '13, 23:34
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Feb 13th, '13, 23:34

sherubtse wrote:Interesting site & teas.

Too bad I was unable to sign up for the newsletter without registering an account. Perhaps you could add that feature.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Thank you for the feed back. I'm actually still considering whether I should do a news letter or not. If I do, I'll make sure to make it available for signup without registering an account

Feb 13th, '13, 23:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 13th, '13, 23:41

SC, lookin' good! I will take that kickback in Gaoshan (which looks mighty tasty)!!! :mrgreen:

The default Taiwan dollar is enough to give anyone a heart attack. :shock:

Feb 13th, '13, 23:42
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Feb 13th, '13, 23:42

Tead Off wrote:Good Luck!!

The DYL is very inexpensive. It must be one of the farms that is lower than the 105k farm, is this correct? What oxidation level? Organic?
The DYL tea production region is officially from the 95K to the 105.5K mark, and now extending to a bit beyond the 106K marker. The DYL I'm offering at the moment, as you noticed correctly, is not from Lin's farm. Oxidation level is low, or more precisely it's 'qing xiang'. It is not certified organic (like most tw teas).

I would love to be able to offer top end DYL, but given how expensive those are, I need to get a very good idea of the level of interest on that kind of thing.

Feb 14th, '13, 00:12
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Feb 14th, '13, 00:12

Chip wrote:The default Taiwan dollar is enough to give anyone a heart attack. :shock:
I know. :oops: I'm working on a work around at the moment, one that hopefully doesn't have to include using crappy exchange rates. :roll:

Feb 14th, '13, 00:27

by Tead Off » Feb 14th, '13, 00:27

I am trying to order something from you but your address registration is not working properly. I cannot input my address into 'address 1'. It tells me 'must be between 3 and 128 characters.' I have tried various ways of inputting but none are working.

Feb 14th, '13, 00:37

by minor_glitch » Feb 14th, '13, 00:37

Site looks great! With those reasonable prices and shipping rates I'll definitely be placing an order soon. :D

Feb 14th, '13, 07:06

by sherubtse » Feb 14th, '13, 07:06

Let me add my best wishes for the success of your venture, as well as my apologies for not wishing you well in my previous post!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

P.S. A newsletter, or similar announcement process, will allow your customers to get news on new developments (new teas, sales, etc.) without having to frequently check your site.

Feb 14th, '13, 09:41
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Feb 14th, '13, 09:41

Tead Off wrote:I am trying to order something from you but your address registration is not working properly. I cannot input my address into 'address 1'. It tells me 'must be between 3 and 128 characters.' I have tried various ways of inputting but none are working.
Since I see you've successfully registered an account, I assume your problem has been solved? Additional shipping options has been added. Do not hesitate to contact us for any help/information. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Feb 14th, '13, 12:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 14th, '13, 12:13

sherubtse wrote:P.S. A newsletter, or similar announcement process, will allow your customers to get news on new developments (new teas, sales, etc.) without having to frequently check your site.
Of course, a newsletter can be a great marketing tool as well ... problem is, we often start getting too many newsletters to read. But even if it is not fully read and is just skimmed over, it is still a reminder that, "hey, we are still here and have what you want."

But a creating a newsletter requires added time and effort. Often a vendor will with good intentions ask you to sign up for a monthly (or similar) newsletter, then maybe you get one out of the blue once a year or even less. 8)

Feb 14th, '13, 13:06

by sherubtse » Feb 14th, '13, 13:06

Chip wrote:Of course, a newsletter can be a great marketing tool as well ... problem is, we often start getting too many newsletters to read. But even if it is not fully read and is just skimmed over, it is still a reminder that, "hey, we are still here and have what you want."

But a creating a newsletter requires added time and effort. Often a vendor will with good intentions ask you to sign up for a monthly (or similar) newsletter, then maybe you get one out of the blue once a year or even less. 8)
Very true, on all counts.

Thing is, if I get news from a company (via newsletter, Facebook, RSS feed, etc), I am more likely to buy from them. If nothing else, it keeps their name forefront in my thinking when it comes time to purchase (as you noted, Chip).

I am not a fan of "push" marketing, in general, but it does have its uses.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

+ Post Reply