The new look, which begs for tweaking

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jul 31st, '09, 08:30

Re: The new look, which begs for tweaking

by olivierco » Jul 31st, '09, 08:30

The post counts doesn't increase when posting on today's topic in Teaday, but it works elsewhere.

It doesn't increase either when posting on yesterday's (and Wednesday) Teaday topic.

Jul 31st, '09, 09:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 31st, '09, 09:16

:evil:

EDIT: I tried posting in TeaDay in my name and then in Olivier's, each time the post count increased. Retry and let me know. Thanks

Jul 31st, '09, 10:10

by Chip » Jul 31st, '09, 10:10

OK, I am sure Ilya is aware, but anyway. The "subscribe, bookmark, and delete all cookies" clickables show up just about everywhere except where they are supposed to, usually in the middle of a post. (HAAA, in the middle of this post coincidentlally!!!)

Also, some icons for things like back to top, TeaChat, and whatever subforum one happens to be in would realllllllly be great at the bottom of view topic pages. This used to be there on the old forum. Now if the Banner is set to move, one has to scroll all the way to the top for these options.

Jul 31st, '09, 13:01

by olivierco » Jul 31st, '09, 13:01

Chip wrote::evil:

EDIT: I tried posting in TeaDay in my name and then in Olivier's, each time the post count increased. Retry and let me know. Thanks
It still doesn't work for me.

Jul 31st, '09, 14:29

by Chester Copperpot » Jul 31st, '09, 14:29

olivierco wrote:

Maybe the site is determined to keep your post count a palindrome (2662) and will automatically update once your post count gets to 2772? :wink:

Jul 31st, '09, 22:42

by Victoria » Jul 31st, '09, 22:42

It's happening, or shall I say not happening, to me too. I thought I noticed this a couple of days ago, but I thought I was imagining things. So i guess it's everyone, then?

Aug 1st, '09, 01:09

by Ebtoulson » Aug 1st, '09, 01:09

Am I the only one that still gets the text on the main page messed up? Some of the titles/descriptions go to the next line when they're not supposed to and there's a huge gap at the top. (I'm running a 22" at 1650*1080 if that matters)

Edit- Nvm I just saw where it said your still working on it.
Yes, Ilya posted in IM earlier that this is still a work in progress

Aug 1st, '09, 20:14

by MarshalN » Aug 1st, '09, 20:14

I second the opinion that it really doesn't make a lot of sense of why the top bar should remain static even for people with high resolution -- I still find it eating up 1/4 of my vertical space, and don't see the utility of keeping it there.

Why the determination to keep it there? If you want advertising for Adagio teas, may I suggest utilizing the side empty spaces and put a tasteful and nonintrusive background that has Adagio's name on it?

Aug 1st, '09, 21:19

by Chip » Aug 1st, '09, 21:19

MarshalN wrote:I second the opinion that it really doesn't make a lot of sense of why the top bar should remain static even for people with high resolution -- I still find it eating up 1/4 of my vertical space, and don't see the utility of keeping it there.

Why the determination to keep it there? If you want advertising for Adagio teas, may I suggest utilizing the side empty spaces and put a tasteful and nonintrusive background that has Adagio's name on it?
If you go into the User Control Panel>Profile ... at the bottom you can set the banner to move.

I can see the value of having it static at certain times, while most times "keep it movin' buddy!"

Aug 2nd, '09, 00:43

by Ebtoulson » Aug 2nd, '09, 00:43

Well companies have stuff like this because it adds to that web 2.0 feel. They don't want someone to look at their website and think they must not be successful because their website looks too old.

With my screen it only takes up 1/8 of the page if that, i personally like it but then again if you don't just cut if off, simple as that.

Aug 2nd, '09, 15:06

by ABx » Aug 2nd, '09, 15:06

I don't mind it so much, although I really do wish that the static content didn't take up so much space. I'd really like to see the second 'toolbar' go. I also agree that the links to TeaMap, TeaChef, etc., really don't serve any practical purpose for me. I'd really like it if the top three rows could be consolidated.

I am actually pretty happy with the static chat window; thanks Ilya :) (Sorry to those that hate it, but at least you can turn it off now.)

I do have one question, though: what exactly does "Add Foe" do?

Aug 2nd, '09, 15:27

by pb2q » Aug 2nd, '09, 15:27

Chip wrote:If you go into the User Control Panel>Profile ... at the bottom you can set the banner to move.
Ah, that's much better thanks. The static chat window is nice but I can live without it if it goes with that static header.

Slightly more detailed instructions:
User Control Panel, Profile tab: at the very bottom, below Birthday, you'll see Scrolling, and then a drop down list. Select Scrolling in the list (Scrolling: Scrolling).

It's an odd place for this preference; I'd missed it until Chip's post.

Aug 2nd, '09, 16:07

by Proinsias » Aug 2nd, '09, 16:07

Yay, cheers Ilya.

Abx - To my knowledge all the foe button does is put someone on ignore.

Aug 3rd, '09, 13:21

by Riene » Aug 3rd, '09, 13:21

olivierco wrote:

My post count does not increase when I post in the question of the day thread either.

Aug 3rd, '09, 14:33

by depravitea » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:33

Why can I not simply delete PMs? I keep being prompted to export them in some format or another.
What's going on??

+ Post Reply