How to post photos on TeaChat?

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Dec 29th, '11, 11:13

Re: How to post photos on TeaChat?

by debunix » Dec 29th, '11, 11:13

How to post photos varies a bit by which site you're linking from: it's not always obvious how to find the location of the image that you want to link to.

You want to only the image location, NOT a URL for the entire page that also contains your image. If you can see the image at a reasonable size on that page, you may be able to click on it in your web browser and 'copy/save image location', which is probably what you want to put between the two bracketed Imgs.

It's a bit tricky because an exact copy of the correct version of the text will get formatted and look funny if I type it here.

Dec 29th, '11, 19:26

by ArNg » Dec 29th, '11, 19:26

Topic review: How to post photos on TeaChat?

Post by debunix » Dec 30th, '11, 00:13
How to post photos varies a bit by which site you're linking from: it's not always obvious how to find the location of the image that you want to link to.

You want to only the image location, NOT a URL for the entire page that also contains your image. If you can see the image at a reasonable size on that page, you may be able to click on it in your web browser and 'copy/save image location', which is probably what you want to put between the two bracketed Imgs.

It's a bit tricky because an exact copy of the correct version of the text will get formatted and look funny if I type it here.

Post by Chip » Dec 30th, '11, 00:06
Which photohoster are you using? The photos must be smaller than 640 pixels wide for a photohoster photo to post.

For an attachment, I think I set it for 500 pixels wide.

If using a photohoster, you must use the image link. You can do this several ways, but your image link must be like this with the img code before and after. [img]your-image-link-here[/img]

For instance, I have added *** to this link below so you can see how the img link appears if you used a photohoster like photobucket.

[img]***http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60 ... 1183-1.jpg[/img]

If you simply have the jpg photo link, you can add your own [img]...[/img]
Hi Chip, maybe my pictures was too large that's why it didn't show up in the forum? Could it be the reason? I uploaded the photos yesterday and most of my photos got to be reduced in size although I have done so but needs more reduction. I was trying to use this site:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

Debunix,
Yes, I tried the url at first and it just shows the entire script of the link and I tried the image location in between the [img] and it's still just script. I was thinking maybe my file was too large.

May 19th, '12, 20:11

by msurads06 » May 19th, '12, 20:11

Ok, soit looks like flickr changed its lay out. I can find the URL but i keep getting error message "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." when i try to upload from flickr. I even tried reducing pixture size to 500 pixels at largest side but I still get the same message. You no longer get to the url by picking all sizes, now you go under share, but there is no way to select size. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

May 19th, '12, 22:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 19th, '12, 22:18

I will defer to flickr users on this one.

Photobucket completely revamped their editing tools as well.

May 19th, '12, 22:42

by AdamMY » May 19th, '12, 22:42

msurads06 wrote:Ok, soit looks like flickr changed its lay out. I can find the URL but i keep getting error message "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." when i try to upload from flickr. I even tried reducing pixture size to 500 pixels at largest side but I still get the same message. You no longer get to the url by picking all sizes, now you go under share, but there is no way to select size. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
On flicker, under your photostream open up the picture you want to share. Just above the photo there should be "Actions (several image buttons) " then "share" Click On Share. There are will be two options, but it should open up to a box with some code in it with a size selction at the bottom, with some radio buttons. For the round radio buttons select BBC code ( for the forum), On the drop down menu for the size, select "Medium 500..." then just copy and past all of the code in the box into the post, and the following will happen:

2012Kirameki by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

I hope this helps.

May 19th, '12, 22:45

by debunix » May 19th, '12, 22:45

stuffying by debunix, on Flickr

Share, BB code, and use the selector below the code box to pick the dimension, once you have the size you want selected, then copy the contents of the box and paste into TeaChat directly.

May 19th, '12, 22:59

by AdamMY » May 19th, '12, 22:59

debunix wrote:Image
stuffying by debunix, on Flickr

Share, BB code, and use the selector below the code box to pick the dimension, once you have the size you want selected, then copy the contents of the box and paste into TeaChat directly.

Yeah That! I know how to create screen shots, but for some reason I always hesitate to do so.

May 20th, '12, 22:06

by msurads06 » May 20th, '12, 22:06

cool, thanks, I could get to the share, but i was choosing the "link" instead of the BBC code.

Jan 20th, '13, 19:44

by victoria3 » Jan 20th, '13, 19:44

Victoria wrote:Uploading from PICASA:

In Picasa go to your online ALBUM where your picture is located then click on the photo you want. At this point it is still in a “Thumbnail” or preview mode. You need to click again to get the full size picture.

On the right of the picture you will see “Link to this Photo”
Below that select your size. Choose: Medium 400PX
Next check "Image only (no link)".

Right click and copy the address in the "Embed image" box and paste it here. Now right click and highlight your link and click on the little image button above (IMG) in the TC post box. This will add the needed photo brackets. (Or you can click the "IMG" button on the post first, then center your curser between the brackets and paste your image location.)

Hi I am trying to post images from my shared Picasa Album and I keep getting this "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." I followed the instructions posted. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jan 20th, '13, 19:54

by Chip » Jan 20th, '13, 19:54

Your image is likely too large. TeaChat has size restrictions ranging from 500 to 640 pixels wide.

After you resize, you may have to wait a bit to post it. Or you can instead edit and then save a copy.

Jan 20th, '13, 20:28

by victoria3 » Jan 20th, '13, 20:28

Chip wrote:Your image is likely too large. TeaChat has size restrictions ranging from 500 to 640 pixels wide.

After you resize, you may have to wait a bit to post it. Or you can instead edit and then save a copy.
Thanks for your input Chip. I resized the image to 499 × 373 saved as .gif at 140 KB & reposted on Picasa and it still says "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." Any further ideas? I may just post as attachments.

Jan 20th, '13, 20:36

by Chip » Jan 20th, '13, 20:36

Attachments have the same size restrictions.

I am not familiar with Picassa. I have never had a problem with .jpg photos on photobucket.

You might want to try posting the photo in a little later tonight. For some reason when someone posts an image that is too large, they often then have a delay til the photo will post. It is like the photo is in the "penalty box."

May 20th, '14, 02:38

by Pig Hog » May 20th, '14, 02:38

I'm using the tapatalk app and recently I've stopped being able to upload photos. Whatever size I choose it always comes up with an error message.

Anyone know anything about this?

May 20th, '14, 14:29

by Chip » May 20th, '14, 14:29

Although I use tapatalk everyday for reading, reviewing, monitoring TeaChat ... I have never posted a photo via tapatalk. So, sorry I can not help you with this problem at the moment. Hopefully someone who uses it for posting photos will reply.

May 21st, '14, 02:17

by Pig Hog » May 21st, '14, 02:17

No worries - thanks!

+ Post Reply