Did you just kill Teachat?

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Apr 1st, '16, 18:26

Re: Did you just kill Teachat?

by Bef » Apr 1st, '16, 18:26

BioHorn wrote:
vanderleaf wrote:Testing testing.
Hi Julie. Thank you for giving us some new information. Count me among those numerous members who are highly appreciative of the support to the tea community shown by Adagio over the years.

I echo the sentiment that this forum has and continues to amass an invaluable trove of information on this deep and complex topic.
Totally agree. Teachat seemss to go more quiet every year, though it's still the most interesting tea forum in my opinion. With all due respect, I'd rather read 1 post from Teachat than 10 from Steepster.

Apr 2nd, '16, 20:10

by pedant » Apr 2nd, '16, 20:10

Bef wrote: With all due respect, I'd rather read 1 post from Teachat than 10 from Steepster.
no respect due imo
steepster is garbage

Apr 2nd, '16, 21:30

by CWarren » Apr 2nd, '16, 21:30

pedant wrote:
Bef wrote: With all due respect, I'd rather read 1 post from Teachat than 10 from Steepster.
no respect due imo
steepster is garbage

I actually enjoy Steepster. I've found several new vendors, enjoyed group buys, and even discovered the joys of TTBs. I can look at teas and read their descriptions as well the tasting notes which often help me in making the final decision on a tea purchase. The discussions can be quite interesting and informative as well. I really can't compare it to Tea Chat at all.

At this point, especially given how slow it can be, I consider this more of a Tea archive focused on the science of tea and teaware especially vintage teaware more than an active place to discuss current tea and teaware and vendors.

I'd think several TC'ers might agree on the merits of Steepster as there are quite a few of us hanging around over there. I also tend to like the lightness of Steepster. As much as I enjoy TC it can get quite serious/stuffy at times.

Just one man's opinion of course. I also enjoy Reddit and what it's Tea communities have to offer as well.

CWarren, who won't be removing this post via Edit as his edit powers have been removed. :lol:

Apr 3rd, '16, 03:25

by pedant » Apr 3rd, '16, 03:25

CWarren wrote: At this point, especially given how slow it can be, I consider this more of a Tea archive focused on the science of tea and teaware especially vintage teaware more than an active place to discuss current tea and teaware and vendors.

I also enjoy Reddit and what it's Tea communities have to offer as well.
yeah, TC is getting tragically slow. i don't think the adagio-furnished forum DoS helped with that either.

i've never heard of "what's it", and i'm not having luck googling for it.
where's it at?

Apr 3rd, '16, 03:37

by CWarren » Apr 3rd, '16, 03:37

pedant wrote:
CWarren wrote: At this point, especially given how slow it can be, I consider this more of a Tea archive focused on the science of tea and teaware especially vintage teaware more than an active place to discuss current tea and teaware and vendors.

I also enjoy Reddit and what it's Tea communities have to offer as well.
yeah, TC is getting tragically slow. i don't think the adagio-furnished forum DoS helped with that either.

i've never heard of "what's it", and i'm not having luck googling for it.
where's it at?

There is no what's it. I was saying that I enjoy Reddit and what Reddit's tea communities, (there are several sub Reddits regarding tea) have to offer.

CWarren

Apr 3rd, '16, 03:43

by pedant » Apr 3rd, '16, 03:43

:oops:
sorry, i shouldn't be up late using forums.
let's just be conservative and say i'm a little... tea drunk right now :wink: :roll:

Apr 3rd, '16, 03:55

by CWarren » Apr 3rd, '16, 03:55

pedant wrote::oops:
sorry, i shouldn't be up late using forums.
let's just be conservative and say i'm a little... tea drunk right now :wink: :roll:
I'll have what you're having. :mrgreen:

CWarren

+ Post Reply