Dec 3rd, '16, 15:41

New subfora

by Fuut » Dec 3rd, '16, 15:41

Hi,

Though i'm pleasantly surprised seeing the following:

Cast Iron Teapots

Ceramic Teaware

Glass Teaware

Might i suggest another sub category for Jixing wares? I feel that being here for a few years that's warranted.

Dec 3rd, '16, 16:23

Re: New subfora

by pedant » Dec 3rd, '16, 16:23

Fuut wrote:Hi,

Though i'm pleasantly surprised seeing the following:

Cast Iron Teapots

Ceramic Teaware

Glass Teaware

Might i suggest another sub category for Jixing wares? I feel that being here for a few years that's warranted.
subfora, jixing... are you trolling? :lol:
interesting plural form... but according to my dictionary, it only applies to an antiquated sense of forum:
(pl. fora |ˈfôrə| ) (in an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.
fora -- word of the day :D

also, people weren't really feeling the idea last time you brought it up.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20805

i never noticed those new subforums before until you mention it now since i only use the 'active topics' feature to browse for the most part.
interesting.
i think the new subforums are pretty much useless and will likely go unused.
i also think that creating a yixing subforum would be neither helpful nor harmful.

i think the number one improvement to the forum as far as yixing is concerned would be... more yixing posts! (surprise, surprise)

Dec 3rd, '16, 20:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 3rd, '16, 20:28

Teaware would be the "category".

Then there would be "forums" under that category.

I am moving this topic to the TeaChat Announcements and Userguide.

Subforums tend to ... fail on the forum ...

Dec 3rd, '16, 20:36

by pedant » Dec 3rd, '16, 20:36

Chip wrote:Teaware would be the "category".

I see.. so "TeaSwap Archive" is a subforum?

Dec 3rd, '16, 20:41

by Chip » Dec 3rd, '16, 20:41

pedant wrote:
Chip wrote:Teaware would be the "category".

I see.. so "TeaSwap Archive" is a subforum?
:lol:

Yes ... that works because it is basically just storing topics that are no longer unlocked/active.

Dec 3rd, '16, 20:41

by Chip » Dec 3rd, '16, 20:41

There used to be pretty many subforums years ago.

Dec 3rd, '16, 20:42

by Chip » Dec 3rd, '16, 20:42

"subfora" ... You know ... I like it. Has a TeaFeel to it! :mrgreen:

Dec 3rd, '16, 23:40
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 3rd, '16, 23:40

Hail Caesar! Any chance we can get the chat back? :wink:

Dec 5th, '16, 10:37

by Fuut » Dec 5th, '16, 10:37

pedant wrote:
Fuut wrote:Hi,

also, people weren't really feeling the idea last time you brought it up.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20805
i also think that creating a yixing subforum would be neither helpful nor harmful.
I think it would actually be helpful for some people, myself inncluded. As I have no interest in jixing or most Chinese wares while having a great interest for all things Japanese.

Now maybe getting jixing stuff separated is too much to ask- that said; I would be equally happy with a sub genre for all Japanese wares, where there aren't the same jixing topics posted every few days. :idea:
Last edited by Fuut on Dec 6th, '16, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 5th, '16, 12:04
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 5th, '16, 12:04

When we "waste" time looking at posts that are not specifically what we care about, hopefully there is a positive effect. If one is not learning something new about tea or teaware reading posts, perhaps he learns about the people posting. That's being friendly which is good for the soul. I've drunk tea w/ several teachatters in a few countries. That does me a lot of good & probably does them no harm.

Reading about what I did not care about has expanded my enjoyment of tea. I own & use some yixing though I used to think it was too extravagant. Also, though I had decided to avoid puerh & green teas, reading how much teachatters enjoy these got me to revisit these. I now have a green tea & loose puerh (called maocha?) which I enjoy several times a week.

Dec 5th, '16, 13:03

by Fuut » Dec 5th, '16, 13:03

Sure i can be optimistic on all the happy interactions. That's not my problem with the current tea ware forum though. I personally would appreciate a split for jixing or the other. I don't care which, its just demotivating that 9/10 posts done are about who knows this stamp, is this real jixing etc etc. I notice myself checking the forum less and less simply because half the time its about a subject i really do not feel for. I don't see the problem with having a split in region China/Japan. I think who ever likes either can still check either. I think both fields are large enough to warrant their own locations.

edit: I love the stickies on the teaware forum though.

Dec 5th, '16, 17:15
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 5th, '16, 17:15

Fuut wrote: 9/10 posts done are about who knows this stamp.
I agree that talk about stamps can get tedious. I assume that if one will take the time & effort to produce counterfeits, then he will produce a counterfeit stamp.

If new a new subforum could increase posting, great. The biggest disappointment is lack of participation & losing participants to instagram etc. You might post ?s & queries... do whatever you can to stimulate discussion of what tea & teaware interests you. cheers

Dec 6th, '16, 08:03

by Bok » Dec 6th, '16, 08:03

Fuut wrote:Sure i can be optimistic on all the happy interactions. That's not my problem with the current tea ware forum though. I personally would appreciate a split for jixing or the other. I don't care which, its just demotivating that 9/10 posts done are about who knows this stamp, is this real jixing etc etc. I notice myself checking the forum less and less simply because half the time its about a subject i really do not feel for. I don't see the problem with having a split in region China/Japan. I think who ever likes either can still check either. I think both fields are large enough to warrant their own locations.

It is down to the market, so to speak. Things that people care about. get posted. There will not be more topics about Japaneses tea ware just because there is a category for it. Demand and offer.

Only thing you can do about it is to stimulate the forum yourself with topics that lead to your interest.

Dec 6th, '16, 09:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 6th, '16, 09:16

Bok wrote:
Fuut wrote:Sure i can be optimistic on all the happy interactions. That's not my problem with the current tea ware forum though. I personally would appreciate a split for jixing or the other. I don't care which, its just demotivating that 9/10 posts done are about who knows this stamp, is this real jixing etc etc. I notice myself checking the forum less and less simply because half the time its about a subject i really do not feel for. I don't see the problem with having a split in region China/Japan. I think who ever likes either can still check either. I think both fields are large enough to warrant their own locations.

It is down to the market, so to speak. Things that people care about. get posted. There will not be more topics about Japaneses tea ware just because there is a category for it. Demand and offer.

Only thing you can do about it is to stimulate the forum yourself with topics that lead to your interest.
German logic at its best. ^ I agree--be the change you wish to seek on the board. :D

Dec 6th, '16, 09:57

by Fuut » Dec 6th, '16, 09:57

Bok wrote:

For the same reason there's a forum for green tea and black tea. It is not that making the split increases the amount of topics. I never said that would have been the intended result. What i am saying is that when jixing stuff is posted in another place, i won't have to be bothered checking that forum because its not in my field of interest. Instead i would be happier just seeing the subject that is of interest to me.

Now 9 out of 10 times again, its the same stuff about jixing, in the end i'll just stop coming here entirely because 9 out of 10 times my time is wasted when its another jixing stamp topic or whatever people post every day.

Edit: not saying not coming here is what i want, what i would like to have is a more specific field of interest. For the same reason i don't read every forum just cause.

+ Post Reply