Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrifts"

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Dec 22nd, '10, 15:31
Scrolling: scrolling

Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrifts"

by Chip » Dec 22nd, '10, 15:31

This Hagi SO is sold out! Sorry if you missed out! There will be another one next year. :mrgreen: Which is not far away!

Greetings HagiFriend, and welcome to Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrifts."

This SO will go live on Thursday 12/23/10 at 6 PM Eastern time, though this topic and my photobucket "SnowDrifts" album will be opened a few hours ahead of time due to unforseen family obligations.

So, please wait til 6 pm Eastern USA time to PM your preferences to me. More on ordering info will be in the first reply to this post below.

Hagi SO 14 introduces Eiichi Shibuya to TeaChat and our Hagi SO program. He is the grandson of Deishi Shibuya and is under his tutelage, though his style is fresh and edgy ... young as Eiichi. I have heard his work described as "powerful" by one TCer!

Sometimes I see something new and say instantly, "Hagi SO." Such is the case with Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrifts." The second I saw it, I knew it had to be an SO. So, it was simply a matter of creating a shape and size that is unique and then letting Eiichi do his thing. The shape is slightly tapered where as these are typically cylindrical, a bit of a challenge for Eiichi! They came out very nice indeed!

We asked Eiichi to do a very limited and exclusive run of 20 pieces for TeaChat members. He was happy to oblige.

It is easy to see why this is called "SnowDrifts." The exterior surface resembles snowdrifts. Yet the interior is smooth, like a well groomed toboggan run.

The interior illustrates wheel throwing while the exterior are clearly hand worked, etched, chamfered. The Kuodai (foot) are also hand formed/carved, not wheeled, really nice! Envision viewing this on your table, I suspect it will appear to hover due to the recessed Kuodai.

There are lots and lots of fine crackles in this beautiful white glaze, and I suspect this Hagi SO will really show progression, crackling.

Here are some photos, but be sure to check out all the pieces in my photobucket. There are 5 photos of each group of "SnowDrifts."
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60 ... %20Drifts/

Sizes are quite variable but within a relatively small range.

Top width: 3.26"-3.46" (8.3cm - 8.8cm).
Lower width: 2.56"-2.63" (6.5cm - 6.7cm).

Height: 3.15"-3.34" (8cm - 8.5cm).

Of course, a signed wooden box is included. On the lid's inside is a special designation stamp, indicating the pieces were made for TeaChat as well as limited run number!

There is clearly a front ...

... and milder sides.

Bottoms up ... this body's bottom helps give an illusion of floating ...

... when paired with this carved (versus wheeled) kuodai. Oh, the inside is beautiful and strikingly smooth, a nice juxtaposition.

OK, for ordering info, please see the next post!

Dec 22nd, '10, 15:32

Re: NEW! Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrifts"

by Chip » Dec 22nd, '10, 15:32

How to order, you must PM your choices to me at or after the designated time of 6 pm Eastern USA time! Remember to include your preferences, 3 or more. If you want 2, I will fulfill everyones' request for 1 piece, then honor 2nds ... include some more preferences!

Also PLEASE confirm and include in your PM along with your 3 or more choices/preferences:
full name:
full mailing address as it would appear along with country:
Also Mago now requires your phone number for customs forms:
shipping EMS OR SAL:
paypal email:

Cost: 57.50 USD plus shipping. (I have watched a few of these sell in the 65-85 USD range)

*** Earn a 2.50 USD bonus credit on your next/future Hagi SO purchase by using paypal payment w/o using credit card as your paypal payment option! *** We are doing everything to keep Hagi SO costs well below market value, this is another way. But the choice is yours! There are a few other cost cutting measures that will also improve efficiency and expedite your SO purchase and receipt.

1 piece shipment cost: United States SAL (9.75$), United States EMS (23.25$), Europe EMS (27.50$).

2 piece shipment cost: United States SAL (17.25$), United States EMS (35.00$), Europe EMS (40.62$).

Remember, EMS is fastest, guaranteed against loss or breakage, and trackable! SAL is a bit slower, not guaranteed, and not trackable! Only choose SAL if you are willing to accept the risk!!!

Other country, please just ask me for shipping cost.

OK, enjoy! Happy Hagi and Happy Holidays!
Chip

Additional GENERAL ORDERING INFO regarding Hagi SO 14 "SnowDrift"

As I mentioned above, there will be a few changes in order to keep costs down. This will also prevent errors and delays! So you know how to order (if you participated in past offers, just humor me and let me remind you ).

Ordering is pretty simple. This is the way it must be done per the vendor's requirements for the SO program which endeavors to offer unique pieces at below market values. Thanks for your cooperation.

1) Pick your piece by number. Include at least 3 choices in order of preference. PM this to me ASAP on or after the designated time. This will likely sell out very quickly. Some SO's sell out in less than 30 minutes, some in a day ... !!! We never know.

Every attempt will be made to honor your first choice, but it is likely not everyone will get their first choice. First come, first served!

If you want 2 pieces, you can order 2 but your second one will be pending satisfying others' requests for one. Include 2 or more alternates for the second selection.

Ordering is based on first come, first served. Unfortunately, it is inevitable that all members will not be successful, and be disappointed. The SO's have all sold out very quickly (except SO 9 and 11). The good news, there will be a future SO very soon!

As always, a primary criteria of this SO, the seller requires your order to be channeled through your friendly TeaChat Moderator. :mrgreen: You will interfere with the flow of the process if you attempt to contact the seller directly regarding your SO order. You will be contacted by the seller in due course, so please be patient.

2) PM me with your order including the item numbers, your actual name and shipping address, your paypal email, and your shipping choice. Mago is now required to include your phone number on customs forms!!! Please include your phone number with your order. Thanks!

3) I will sort things out and PM the results of your requests.

If you are intending to combine your SO order with an ebay purchase from the seller Magokorodo, PM this to me at this time!!!

4) After tabulating all the orders, I will forward your order along with all the others to the vendor.

5) Member paypal payments will be handled a little differently this time around (and in the future) as we try to find more efficient ways to handle the SO payment process that will save the seller valuable time. This is critical as the strong Yen has placed pressures upon the seller.

You will be notified by me directly of possible changes during the actual process. But payments will be via paypal! If you do not have a paypal account, it is easy to create one at paypal.com.

Remember, a paypal purchase made for this SO not using a credit card in conjuction with your paypal payment will earn you a $2.50 credit on a future Hagi SO purchase. :mrgreen:

6) The seller ships items directly to you from Japan. This vendor is highly reputable and shipping from Japan is safe and easy. However, EMS guarantees safe delivery.

7) You receive your order and enjoy for the rest of your life!!! :mrgreen:

Dec 23rd, '10, 13:54

by Chip » Dec 23rd, '10, 13:54

PM your choices at 6 or asap after 6!

OK, due to the unforeseen family obligation I previously mentioned, I will likely be away from the Internet for a few hours this evening.

Therefore, I will likely not be able to confirm how successful you were until I return home, likely around 9ish pm tonight. I apologize for making everyone wait, but once I return, I will immediately check your PMs and reply tonight.

Since PMs will be checked in the order received, your PMed list of choices will not be compromised by the short delay!!! However I do apologize for making you all wait. :mrgreen:

Dec 23rd, '10, 15:15

by debunix » Dec 23rd, '10, 15:15

Very like this....

Lake Louise inlet by debunix, on Flickr

Dec 23rd, '10, 15:15

by debunix » Dec 23rd, '10, 15:15

debunix wrote:Very like this....

Lake Louise inlet by debunix, on Flickr
But what will they look like when crackles develop?!

Dec 23rd, '10, 15:16

by Chip » Dec 23rd, '10, 15:16

+1 and very cool! Thanks debunix!

Dec 23rd, '10, 15:59

by mosshorn » Dec 23rd, '10, 15:59

But what will they look like when crackles develop?!

That's one of the main things I'm excited for, to see how these crackles develop in these amazing cups :)

Dec 23rd, '10, 17:36

by Chip » Dec 23rd, '10, 17:36

OK, I am sort of in da house for a while! Hijacked a relative's computer.

So, I hope to see the early "SnowDrifting" ... :mrgreen:

Dec 23rd, '10, 17:49

by OhJungMin » Dec 23rd, '10, 17:49

And I was worried that it was getting too quiet in the Hagi town :-)

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:00

by Stentor » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:00

cccp80 wrote:And I was worried that it was getting too quiet in the Hagi town :-)
Calm before the storm ;)
PM sent :mrgreen:

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:01

by Drax » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:01

*laugh* Chip, you seem to have bumped up the timezone by an hour? Hopefully that won't be too crazy for you.

Best of luck everybody! We're supposed to be getting snow here today and tomorrow... might be a white Christmas...!!

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:01

by mosshorn » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:01

PM sent.....the fastest I've ever clicked XD

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:02

by OhJungMin » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:02

PM sent at 6pm sharp

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:27

by Chip » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:27

WOWZA, 17 pieces sold in 2 minutes! Everyone who PMed me was successful except the last member who I already PMed. So, relax. I will contact you all tonight!

Now in a lull ... the eye of the snowstorm. SnowDrifting is coming.

Pieces still available at this second! Subject to change.

#5, 7, 17.

Dec 23rd, '10, 18:33

by Chip » Dec 23rd, '10, 18:33

... two to go.

5 and 17 are available.

This is based upon 1 per person. A few members would like a second piece, but they will wait for now.

+ Post Reply