Jan 19th, '11, 13:36
Scrolling: scrolling

HAGI "The Eiichi Commission!" Shibuya Eiichi, Intro Topic

by Chip » Jan 19th, '11, 13:36

The Eiichi Commission! was Borne Identity from this discussion :mrgreen:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=14866

We are moving forward on the Eiichi Commission based on the unanimous support from the above topic. This topic will track th Eiichi Commission from now to fruition.

Given the amazing work we have already seen from Shibuya Eiichi, I wonder what he will create? We have seen the ROCK and the SnowDrifts, and the style of Iannon's. Beyond this, Eiichi remains much of a mystery.

The only guidelines he will receive are some size suggestions and quantity and price restrictions. Then we will allow Eiichi to create something NEW and UNIQUE in the first ever TeaChat true commissioning (the Hagi SOs are not complete commissioning since there is much interaction and direction/suggestions offered to the artisan) of a Japanese artisan.

This commission run will be limited to 20 pieces, unless there are more commitments. However once Eiichi begins the actual physical work on these pieces, it will be too late to increase the number of this exclusive and very limited SSO run.

Per the last topic, members are asked to commit to a piece if interested via a PM to me. Most pieces are already spoken for via commitments by members! So, please if interested, PM me asap in order to avoid disappointment.

Jan 19th, '11, 13:36

Re: The Eiichi Commission!

by Chip » Jan 19th, '11, 13:36

News Flash 1, Mago would be honoured to work with us in the creation of an Eiichi Commission work!
KONNICHIWA again,Chip-San,

Thank you for the praise to Eiichi, and the high evaluation.
I approve of your idea.
As for me, it will be glad that he makes something new.
If you tell the specification to me, I will tell your intention to Eiichi.

Thank you for supporting a young ceramist!

Please tell me your idea to me.

Enjoy your TeaDay too,Chip-San!!!
HA, I have him saying TeaDay!

So, I will proceed in the creation of the Eiichi Commission. (sounds like a good book title :mrgreen: )

If you PMed your commitment/interest to me already, I have you on the list, and I will be contacting you soon. If you are interested in committing, please PM asap. More than half of the proposed 20 pieces are spoken for. Those who commit will have first opportunity to choose.

My intent is to target 100 USD per piece for this commissioned work. This is actually quite low for a commissioning, but Mago will make sacrifices as he always does and has an excellent rapport with the artisan.

Although the value I feel we will place on this piece in the years to come will far surpass this price, especially as Eiichi progresses to his potential which I feel is quite lofty. He is truly a Master in the making, a future "National Treasure."

Jan 19th, '11, 14:12

by Nenugal » Jan 19th, '11, 14:12

I'm thinking this is one of the SO where a tie on the box would be a good thing :)

Jan 19th, '11, 18:01

by Drax » Jan 19th, '11, 18:01

That's great news, Chip, and very exciting! I will try to bound my excitement, but it might be difficult.... :mrgreen:

Jan 19th, '11, 18:17

by Chip » Jan 19th, '11, 18:17

Nenugal wrote:I'm thinking this is one of the SO where a tie on the box would be a good thing :)
Annnnnnd .... DONE!

Brilliant minds thing alike. :idea:
Drax wrote:That's great news, Chip, and very exciting! I will try to bound my excitement, but it might be difficult.... :mrgreen:
I heard your enthusiasm was now unbounded! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! :mrgreen:

Jan 19th, '11, 19:55

by fracol » Jan 19th, '11, 19:55

Last edited by fracol on Aug 18th, '11, 10:43, edited 2 times in total.

Jan 20th, '11, 15:14

by Nenugal » Jan 20th, '11, 15:14

Is it possible at all to give any hints about how long time this process could take?

Jan 20th, '11, 16:42

by woozl » Jan 20th, '11, 16:42

Tie me down, I'm jumping for joy :!:

Jan 20th, '11, 17:44

by Chip » Jan 20th, '11, 17:44

OK, listen up! :!: :mrgreen:

I will be PMing everyone who has committed to the the Eiichi Commission within the next 1-2 hours. The subject will be "The Eiichi Commission wants you!"

If you do NOT receive this PM, that means I may not have received your "commitment PM" for the Eiichi Commission or ... or maybe it was confused with the ROCK!

You should PM me immediately to "Commit" to the Eiichi Commission if you do not receive this PM!!! Numbers are already getting low!

Likewise, if you are interested in committing to the Eiichi Commission and have NOT already PMed me, do so immediately!!!

Thanks!

Jan 22nd, '11, 14:46

Re: The Eiichi Commission! by Sibuya Eiichi

by Chip » Jan 22nd, '11, 14:46

There only a few spots remaining for the Eiichi Commission! Ever since my last post, members have been PMing and committing to Eiichi Commission! pieces.

If you did not receive the confirmation PM from me in the last few days, please PM me immediately!

If you are interested in the Eiichi Commission! and have not yet committed to one, PM your interest in committing to one of these truly special, unique, commissioned Hagi Yunomi! As the saying goes, once they are gone, they are gone.

During the Commissioning process, I will be sharing updates so we can all experience the commissioning process together!

Jan 31st, '11, 10:19

by Chip » Jan 31st, '11, 10:19

Due to a lot of interest in the Eiichi Commission!, I upped the number to 25 pieces in this limited offering. I believe they have all been spoken for.

And now we wait. I will attempt to chronicle the process for your entertainment! So, stay tuned in to this topic.

Feb 1st, '11, 02:51

by karmaplace » Feb 1st, '11, 02:51

Chip wrote:So, stay tuned in to this topic.
Are you kidding? I'm on the edge of my seat for this. :lol:

I really wanted to participate in a lot of the past SSOs, but money (and timing) were not on my side, so I'm glad to be in on something this exciting. I'll be stalking this topic. :wink:

Feb 1st, '11, 15:05

Re: HAGI "The Eiichi Commission!" by Sibuya Eiichi

by Chip » Feb 1st, '11, 15:05

Karmapla... wrote:

I really wanted to participate in a lot of the past SSOs, but money (and timing) were not on my side, so I'm glad to be in on something this exciting. I'll be stalking this topic. :wink:
Yeah, I hear you. I am used to being the one in the loop from the beginning to the very end. It feels really unusual to place this into an artisan's hands and go by faith.

Eiichi clearly is very creative and most able in execution of these most unusual pieces such as SnowDrifts and the ROCK. I am really psyched to say the very least! *insert jumping up and down emoticon here*

Feb 2nd, '11, 01:36

Re: HAGI "The Eiichi Commission!" by Sibuya Eiichi

by Nenugal » Feb 2nd, '11, 01:36

Chip wrote:
Karmapla... wrote:

Yeah, I hear you. I am used to being the one in the loop from the beginning to the very end. It feels really unusual to place this into an artisan's hands and go by faith.

Eiichi clearly is very creative and most able in execution of these most unusual pieces such as SnowDrifts and the ROCK. I am really psyched to say the very least! *insert jumping up and down emoticon here*
I need a jumping up and down emoticon too I think :mrgreen:

Feb 2nd, '11, 02:41

by Stentor » Feb 2nd, '11, 02:41

Chip wrote:
I will attempt to chronicle the process for your entertainment! So, stay tuned in to this topic.
Does this mean pictures of the work in progress and such?

+ Post Reply