Aug 14th, '11, 12:35
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: HAGI "The Eiichi Commission!" by Shibuya Eiichi

by Chip » Aug 14th, '11, 12:35

senchalover wrote:Is it too late to get involved with this commision? The rock sure would be a nice piece. I love how the last piece came out. A houhin in rock style would be awesome. I need a small(6 oz) houhin to use for work.
Just so you understand ... the ROCK was a previous SO and is already in the hands of members. There is an SO topic dedicated to the discussion of the ROCK. The ROCK SO is sold out, sorry.

The "Eiichi Commission" is the topic of discussion here. We have commissioned Eiichi to create something new and different for us with virtually no control from us.

There is duality in the goals. We help to develop the talents and skills of a young and upcoming artisan who has found an instant following on TC. At the same time we get something new and different from Eiichi (not to mention the satisfaction of playing an active role in his development).

Pretty exciting!

I believe there is a space available. Members have committed to the project. If you are interested in this Commission, please PM me asap! :mrgreen:

Sep 3rd, '11, 21:36

by Chip » Sep 3rd, '11, 21:36

There are no more pre reserved spaces available for the Eiichi Commission. There had been one spot in a sort of limbo. There may be a few extra pieces available after they are produced. So stay tuned.

And ... I believe we are in the final phase of production. Of course we are at the mercy of the kiln gods, once they are ready for firing, but the testing phase is complete ... and now the actual pieces are being made. :mrgreen:

Sep 3rd, '11, 21:48

by Drax » Sep 3rd, '11, 21:48

Chip wrote:There are no more pre reserved spaces available for the Eiichi Commission. There may be a few extra pieces available after they are produced. So stay tuned.

And ... I believe we are in the final phase of production. Of course we are at the mercy of the kiln gods, once they are ready for firing, but the testing phase is complete ... and now the actual pieces are being made. :mrgreen:
Woo!

And might I add.... Hoo! :mrgreen:

Sep 3rd, '11, 21:52

by debunix » Sep 3rd, '11, 21:52

(Cue "Anticipation")

Sep 4th, '11, 11:25

by demonyc » Sep 4th, '11, 11:25

After seeing the ROCK special offer, I find myself quite interested to see what's going to come from Eiichi next. :) Too bad there aren't any more reserved spots available, or I probably would've gotten on the list! Still hoping for over-production so I can get one... :o *crossed fingers*

Sep 4th, '11, 12:34

by Chip » Sep 4th, '11, 12:34

demonyc wrote:After seeing the ROCK special offer, I find myself quite interested to see what's going to come from Eiichi next. :) Too bad there aren't any more reserved spots available, or I probably would've gotten on the list! Still hoping for over-production so I can get one... :o *crossed fingers*
I have asked for a few extra pieces, so remain hopeful.

These will be different from any other Eiichi piece I have seen to date. A new glaze for him ... and hoping for 3 different shapes/styles!!!

Fun times ahead. :mrgreen:

Sep 4th, '11, 22:48

by iannon » Sep 4th, '11, 22:48

Chip wrote:
demonyc wrote:After seeing the ROCK special offer, I find myself quite interested to see what's going to come from Eiichi next. :) Too bad there aren't any more reserved spots available, or I probably would've gotten on the list! Still hoping for over-production so I can get one... :o *crossed fingers*

These will be different from any other Eiichi piece I have seen to date. A new glaze for him ... and hoping for 3 different shapes/styles!!!

you Soooo enjoy this....

Sep 4th, '11, 23:01

by Chip » Sep 4th, '11, 23:01

iannon wrote:
Chip wrote:

you Soooo enjoy this....
Well, I think this would be good news for you ... if you catch my drift.

Sep 5th, '11, 00:43

by iannon » Sep 5th, '11, 00:43

Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:
Chip wrote:

you Soooo enjoy this....
Well, I think this would be good news for you ... if you catch my drift.
:) i know i know..its just the anticipation that kills me..

Sep 5th, '11, 01:31

by Chip » Sep 5th, '11, 01:31

Oh, forgot to add this to my previous post: :wink:

Sep 15th, '11, 15:47

by debunix » Sep 15th, '11, 15:47

I am back in the office where my "Snowdrifts" hagi lives, and so happy to be back with it again. Contentedly looking forward to the next thing from Mr Shibuya, sure that it, too, will be wonderful. While not as dramatic in some ways as the "Rock", the ridges make it a little friendlier to handle when filled with hot-brewed teas, so that is capable of doing the 'one cup/all teas' job that the "Rock" would not. They're so different from each other.....will the next one be smooth, rough, rounded, square, bent, straight, silky, coarse, subtle, dramatic, solid and hefty or graceful and delicate?

Sep 15th, '11, 15:52

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 15:52

debunix wrote:They're so different from each other.....will the next one be smooth, rough, rounded, square, bent, straight, silky, coarse, subtle, dramatic, solid and hefty or graceful and delicate?
... yes ... and no. :wink:

Speaking of Snowdrifts, I would love to revist this general ridged style at some point in hopefully the not too distant future. :mrgreen:

Sep 15th, '11, 15:56

by debunix » Sep 15th, '11, 15:56

Chip wrote:
debunix wrote:They're so different from each other.....will the next one be smooth, rough, rounded, square, bent, straight, silky, coarse, subtle, dramatic, solid and hefty or graceful and delicate?
tease!
Speaking of Snowdrifts, I would love to revist this general ridged style at some point in hopefully the not too distant future. :mrgreen:
I think the contrast between the silky smooth white glaze and the strong ridges gives it a wonderful feeling.

Sep 15th, '11, 16:06

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 16:06

debunix wrote:
Chip wrote:
tease!
No denial ... :twisted:
debunix wrote:
Chip wrote:Speaking of Snowdrifts, I would love to revist this general ridged style at some point in hopefully the not too distant future. :mrgreen:
I think the contrast between the silky smooth white glaze and the strong ridges gives it a wonderful feeling.
It is very pleasing to look and to touch/hold. And imminently functional ...

Sep 15th, '11, 16:16

by Tobias » Sep 15th, '11, 16:16

Any more progress? Those of us that repel money might need a month's heads up...

+ Post Reply