Oct 27th, '11, 21:02

Re: NEW! TA SO 4 Bill Perrine's Split Fire Pottery

by T-session » Oct 27th, '11, 21:02

kymidwife wrote:And as for the prize drawing... do we get a chance for each piece purchased... for those of us who are acquiring more than one? :D
I will give each piece (a set of chawan and trivet counts as one) purchased one chance for the prize. For example, purchase a scallop yunomi and a mountain ippuku-wan and trivet, it counts as two chances/entries for the prize.
TeaChaters, any questions, please ask.
Thanks,
Bill :D

Oct 27th, '11, 21:27

by T-session » Oct 27th, '11, 21:27

kymidwife wrote:Thanks... love the prize, its lovely.

I already own several of Bill's pieces incuding a kyusu, numerous yunomi, and some standard handled coffee cups. I also own a mountain wan/yunomi, in his lovely signature turquoise combo.

But these SO pieces... I am loving them! The scalloped are quite different than anything I have from Bill yet, and the mountain pieces are so vibrant, especially the ones in the more rust tones... reminds me of a desert sunset. Yes, I must have one. I'll be getting a yunomi because I love the larger vessels anyway... I like the wans too, but this mountain imagery needs a nice big canvas to show off. Thanks for the great variety of offerings, can't wait to see which ones I get.

Sarah
Wow, thank you for the kind words!! These did end up sooo nice, exactly like desert sunsets! I have a setting sun in each landscape to play off the mountain composition. These are very rich, and I tried to show how nice they look in the pictures and actually took a second set of pictures because the first didn't flatter them. These pictures are close, even chose an overcast day, but I couldn't get the whitest parts to be the little bit ivory that they have in them, which goes very well with the rust tones. This coarser clay I used in the sets, suggests the desert soil and landscape well. Thank you for noticing what is in these.
Bill :D

Oct 27th, '11, 21:57

by T-session » Oct 27th, '11, 21:57

One more thing, if anyone were to get more than one piece, I would ship them, up to four purchases :shock: , medium flat rate which is $10.50 maximum, in continental U.S. (up to 70 lbs. Don't think that would be an issue.) :wink:

Oct 27th, '11, 22:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 27th, '11, 22:06

... you can also combine with items in Bill's Etsy. Be sure to let me know in your email.

Oct 27th, '11, 22:26

by Chip » Oct 27th, '11, 22:26

I have placed SOLD tags in front of the item number/dimensions in the appropriate posts above.

Be sure to check these before emailing me with your selections.

I will endeavor to keep this pretty up to date, but I am not here 24/7 ... so remember to list alternates!

As you can see, plenty of great picks to go!!!

Thank you, members, for supporting our TeawareArtisan Bill!

Oct 27th, '11, 22:40

by karmaplace » Oct 27th, '11, 22:40

I love those ippukuwan, yunomi, and trivets. I can't make any new tea and wares purchases right now (I've been moving, and will again in the next few weeks), but I'll be visiting home in Groton, NY around Thanksgiving time and through early December, so maybe I'll try to grab one of the nearest TA's pieces then. :)

Oct 28th, '11, 00:54

Re: sth

by debunix » Oct 28th, '11, 00:54

Chip wrote: SOLD 3) sy3 - sy3c - 3 1/4"h x 4"w and holds 12oz
Yay!

Oct 28th, '11, 06:35

by T-session » Oct 28th, '11, 06:35

karmaplace wrote:I love those ippukuwan, yunomi, and trivets. I can't make any new tea and wares purchases right now (I've been moving, and will again in the next few weeks), but I'll be visiting home in Groton, NY around Thanksgiving time and through early December, so maybe I'll try to grab one of the nearest TA's pieces then. :)
Hi Karmaplace,
Groton! Your "home" is right near me! Small world isn't it?! I have friends in Groton, do you know Jason "Weizer" Greip on Smith Rd? One of the guys I ride with. Have a safe move and trip.
Bill in East Homer

Oct 28th, '11, 11:42

by karmaplace » Oct 28th, '11, 11:42

T-session wrote: Hi Karmaplace,
Groton! Your "home" is right near me! Small world isn't it?! I have friends in Groton, do you know Jason "Weizer" Greip on Smith Rd? One of the guys I ride with. Have a safe move and trip.
Bill in East Homer
I wish I knew about you and your work before I moved away, but my parents live in Groton, so I do stay there from time to time. I do not know Jason, but I do know where Smith Rd is (I have cousins on Sincerbeaux Rd). :mrgreen:

Nov 6th, '11, 11:21

by Chip » Nov 6th, '11, 11:21

Thank you for sharing Sarah.

This TA got sorta snowed out. Our snow storm and power/internet outages for almost 5 days waylaid the ongoing promotion of this TA SO.

Soooo, I am "firing" it back up today. There are lots of beauties still available. I updated availability in the 3 main posts above.

This is a great way to support our TA SO Bill Perrine of Splitfire Pottery, get a great Bill piece at a great price ... everyone is a winner!

If you did order, I will be emailing you again shortly as well.

Nov 7th, '11, 01:34

by Chip » Nov 7th, '11, 01:34

Oops, forgot about page 2 posters. Thanks everyone for posting.

I have updated the offerings that are still available.

There are currently four Scalloped Yunomi-s, one Mountain Ippuku-wan, and one Mountain Yunomi.

If you have already ordered, thank you for supporting Bill Perrine in this TA SO! I will be emailing you on Monday.

If you have not, there are still 6 great pieces available! Email your interest to teachat@adagio.com
:mrgreen:

Nov 7th, '11, 10:25

by Chip » Nov 7th, '11, 10:25

... all Mountain Yunomi-s are sold out.

At this writing, there is still one (#1) Mountain Ippuku-wan and three (#1, 4, 6) Scalloped Yunomi-s available.

Only four pieces remain. Please email me asap!

Nov 7th, '11, 13:46

by fracol » Nov 7th, '11, 13:46

I think the mountain yunomi looks really really cool. These pieces are quite unique, and the craftsmanship looks fantastic as well.

Nov 7th, '11, 18:43

by T-session » Nov 7th, '11, 18:43

I don't know exactly how to say this but the pictures truly don't do them justice! The scallop yunomis have a fantastic luster. Number 6 is now spoken for and number 4 is one of my favorites. Number 1 is smaller and would fit a normal sized hand better. The mountain wan is nicely composed and the back side of it has a warm, burnt orange, eggshell sheen, not the reflected light, whitish color in the picture.
Chip, I want the number 6, scallop yunomi for myself. It is a little bigger and fits my hand well.

Nov 7th, '11, 18:59

by Chip » Nov 7th, '11, 18:59

T-session wrote:Chip, I want the number 6, scallop yunomi for myself. It is a little bigger and fits my hand well.
Email your request ... :lol:

OK, that leaves 3 pieces remaining. ... giddy up! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply