HAGI SO #2 SeaCuke Yunomi!

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Jun 10th, '09, 22:23

by horsencl » Jun 10th, '09, 22:23

The shipping seems like it was actually pretty fast, even with SAL. I looked at the tracking and mine arrived at JFK airport this morning. I live in NJ so I'll have a two day wait at the longest. I cannot wait :D

Jun 11th, '09, 03:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 11th, '09, 03:13

Really??? Mine still shows in Japan and I paid EMS.
Maybe it will show up tomorrow anyway.
Sometimes I think the tracking gets "stuck" or no one
bothers to update.

Admittedly I have gotten some non-teaware items from Japan
via SAL this week; they arrived very quickly.

Jun 11th, '09, 09:25

by Tead Off » Jun 11th, '09, 09:25

EMS from Asia can take as long as SAL. When I have something sent to me from America, it usually takes 6 days by regular post.

Often, tracking things from Japan is useless. They don't seem to update their system once it leaves the prefecture. I don't know why this is but I've never been able to track anything coming here from Japan.

Jun 11th, '09, 09:25

by hooksie » Jun 11th, '09, 09:25

horsencl wrote:The shipping seems like it was actually pretty fast, even with SAL. I looked at the tracking and mine arrived at JFK airport this morning. I live in NJ so I'll have a two day wait at the longest. I cannot wait :D
Interesting... Mine is being sent by EMS and it's in the same spot...
We were fated to pretend.

Jun 11th, '09, 09:59

by kymidwife » Jun 11th, '09, 09:59

I wondered when I was ordering if the EMS was worth the extra $$... I went for it, because I want it NOW! Mine was in Chicago last night... so I am hoping to have it in the next day or so. This will be the highlight of a very crummy week for me... silly how small things can lighten your spirit.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 11th, '09, 10:22

by Victoria » Jun 11th, '09, 10:22

It probably wasn't worth it on something as small as a single yunomi, but I am quite inpatient and like having my teaware NOW also!! But if the mail comes and I'm not home and it needs a signature, it's delayed up to 2-3 more days anyway. I am definitely rethinking my logic. Even this morning mine still shows Japan. :(

Jun 11th, '09, 10:26

by hooksie » Jun 11th, '09, 10:26

Victoria wrote:It probably wasn't worth it on something as small as a single yunomi, but I am quite inpatient and like having my teaware NOW also!! But if the mail comes and I'm not home and it needs a signature, it's delayed up to 2-3 more days anyway. I am definitely rethinking my logic. Even this morning mine still shows Japan. :(
I realized our EMS tracking numbers work off the local USPS tracking site as well as the Japan one. USPS has more updated info: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Japan EMS tracking says mine's at JFK. USPS says it left a processing facility in my state early this morning. :D

Jun 11th, '09, 12:15

by Victoria » Jun 11th, '09, 12:15

Thanks!!! It's in San Francisco, yay!!

Jun 11th, '09, 12:20

by hooksie » Jun 11th, '09, 12:20

Victoria wrote:Thanks!!! It's in San Francisco, yay!!
Mine's waiting at my house... Five hours until I can get it. :(

Jun 11th, '09, 12:39

by twinofmunin » Jun 11th, '09, 12:39

Mine has just arrived! It is lovely; my first Hagi. Thanks to Chip for doing the legwork and making this happen!

(EMS, and I'm on the east coast of the US.)

Jun 11th, '09, 13:46

by Chip » Jun 11th, '09, 13:46

Great Twinofmunin! I think you got to see yours first. You are welcome! I am really enjoying sharing the Hagi love in this way, and I am happy to be a part of your first Hagi! These pieces are really very unique, this Sea Cucumber batch is so different from others that it will be like a special edition/collectors item.

To show you the difference, this is what other batches have looked like ... this will arrive tomorrow with the yunomi, but really totally different from our Yunomi and Guinomi from this batch!!!

It is odd that Horsencl has tracking info as well, I wonder if it was shipped EMS by accident? I have had some smaller SAL packages take 5 days and others weeks, you never know.

I am hoping to receive mine tomorrow, but the tracking has not updated for 36ish hours, I am guessing it will show up in NYC today and local facility in the morning.

Jun 11th, '09, 13:50

by kymidwife » Jun 11th, '09, 13:50

So, having not ordered anything EMS before, I have a newbie question... is this going to be delivered with/by regular USPS mail delivery? Tracking says mine is enroute from Evansville which is 45 minutes away... but mail has already been delivered for the day today... so if it comes by regular mail delivery, I will have to wait until tomorrow. :(

To make matters worse, I got a notice in my mailbox that 2 packages from Taiwaan were attempted to be delivered while I was not home... so I have to wait for my new tea until tomorrow too. :(

Patience is not very strong today.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 11th, '09, 13:51

by hooksie » Jun 11th, '09, 13:51

Chip wrote:It is odd that Horsencl has tracking info as well, I wonder if it was shipped EMS by accident? I have had some smaller SAL packages take 5 days and others weeks, you never know.
Sounds like it. SAL doesn't come with a tracking number I thought...

Jun 11th, '09, 14:01

by Chip » Jun 11th, '09, 14:01

hooksie wrote:
Chip wrote:It is odd that Horsencl has tracking info as well, I wonder if it was shipped EMS by accident? I have had some smaller SAL packages take 5 days and others weeks, you never know.
Sounds like it. SAL doesn't come with a tracking number I thought...
Unless maybe Horsencl chose to insure for around $4 more? I never tried this, but it is an option with some sellers.

Sarah, I have had a special delivery a few times I think. It generally comes with your regular carrier. If your package arrives at your local facility before your carrier leaves, he/she will have it. If it arrives shortly after your carrier has left to make their rounds, it may get sent out on an Express truck.

I also think Express deliveries need to be entered by the carrier into their on truck tracking by 3 PM, so they must attempt delivery by that time.

Jun 11th, '09, 14:44

by kymidwife » Jun 11th, '09, 14:44

My box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here my box is here

Ok now... gonna open it up!

+ Post Reply