Oh no... another tea blog!!


Have a TeaBlog or Vlog, post a topic here.

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Jan 15th, '14, 03:53

I just updated my blog with a new post.
In it, there is a picture of a well stored 20 years old Puer. Old sheng puer must look something like that, dark reddish or maroon. The tea leaves should be seen individually most of the time in the pressed cakes. It should smell nice and clean without any funny odor.
Many fake old tea is blackish and the tea leaves cannot be distinguished and have undesirable odor. But this is just a general guide and some authentic old tea can differ in some unique case, e.g. Old Chien Liang Cha, may look different.
So if you hunt for old tea, remember that look.

Cheers!
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby William » Jan 15th, '14, 12:59

Teaism wrote:I just updated my blog with a new post.
In it, there is a picture of a well stored 20 years old Puer. Old sheng puer must look something like that, dark reddish or maroon. The tea leaves should be seen individually most of the time in the pressed cakes. It should smell nice and clean without any funny odor.
Many fake old tea is blackish and the tea leaves cannot be distinguished and have undesirable odor. But this is just a general guide and some authentic old tea can differ in some unique case, e.g. Old Chien Liang Cha, may look different.
So if you hunt for old tea, remember that look.

Cheers!


Great post.
Thanks.

Have a nice day!
William
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy.

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby the_economist » Jan 19th, '14, 23:31

Really enjoying this blog, refreshing and tasteful!
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Jan 20th, '14, 10:42

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your kind compliments.

Cheers!
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Feb 16th, '14, 22:19

Hi Teachatters,
I just post an article of a rare"tea" call Ancient Dragon Pearl Tea 陳年龍珠茶. For you curiosity and knowledge. This tea is very highly priced and rare but may sounds unappetizing, but it is part of tea history.

http://teaism99.com/2014/02/17/ancient- ... pearl-tea-陳年龍珠茶/

Enjoy!

Cheers! :D
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Feb 25th, '14, 21:29

Hi Teachatters,

We had a good discussion on Kyusu last week I have just added an article on it. The higher resolution photos will enable to show more detail on its beauty. Please check it out.

http://teaism99.com/2014/02/26/kyusu/

Cheers! :D
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Alex » Feb 26th, '14, 04:31

Amazing blog and great timing on the Tachi pot pictures post (sorry couldn't help that deliberate mouth full). I just managed to score one myself! 8)
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Feb 26th, '14, 05:21

Alex wrote:Amazing blog and great timing on the Tachi pot pictures post (sorry couldn't help that deliberate mouth full). I just managed to score one myself! 8)


Hi Alex,
Thanks and great that you score one of the Tachi Shigaraki too. I recalled that the pots went off quite fast and only available in very limited numbers. I grabbed 3 of different sizes and enjoy brewing them. The feel of the pot is really nice.

Cheers! :D
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Alex » Mar 10th, '14, 08:26

What size are those two Teaism? 8)
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Mar 10th, '14, 10:25

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your interest. The bigger one is 300ml and the smaller one is 50ml.

Cheers! :D
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Alex » Mar 11th, '14, 07:28

Nice....I just got my 300ml yesterday. Love the clay! texture is so good. One to treasure for sure.

Image
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Teaism » Mar 11th, '14, 10:55

Nice! and congratulations Alex.

Cheers! :D
User avatar
Teaism
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Jan 5th, '1

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby William » Mar 11th, '14, 11:48

Alex wrote:Nice....I just got my 300ml yesterday. Love the clay! texture is so good. One to treasure for sure.

Image


Amazing teapots Alex!

May I ask you how the Shigaraki performs, particularly with regard to body and aftertaste? :D
William
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy.

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby Alex » Mar 12th, '14, 04:55

Teaism can answer this better so I'll bow out to him for a better explanation then what follows......

I normal don't find japanese pots to need seasoning/breaking in, but I can tell this pot currently needs a little breaking in, I feel its a little hungry at the moment. Certainly gives a smoothness and length to the after taste and softens the high notes in my sencha, I'm currently getting a slight dryness in the after-taste, again the pot just needs using more (fine by me :lol: ).. Its a very very forgiving pot.....absorbing any mistakes in over brewing with ease, but its more balanced then say the Nosaka reduction :mrgreen:
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

Postby William » Mar 12th, '14, 10:06

Alex wrote:Teaism can answer this better so I'll bow out to him for a better explanation then what follows......

I normal don't find japanese pots to need seasoning/breaking in, but I can tell this pot currently needs a little breaking in, I feel its a little hungry at the moment. Certainly gives a smoothness and length to the after taste and softens the high notes in my sencha, I'm currently getting a slight dryness in the after-taste, again the pot just needs using more (fine by me :lol: ).. Its a very very forgiving pot.....absorbing any mistakes in over brewing with ease, but its more balanced then say the Nosaka reduction :mrgreen:


Many thanks Alex! :D
I hope to find one in the future. :wink:
William
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy.

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation