Kyarazen on Tea/Incense.

Have a TeaBlog or Vlog, post a topic here.

Kyarazen on Tea/Incense.

Postby kyarazen » Jun 15th, '14, 15:16

I very seldom write on tea, more on incense and all other related fragrant wood matters. But sometimes when I find the time and inspiration to, I'll write something once in a while.

Here's a latest write up on some tips/tricks on how to choose yixing tea ware, and how to understand and gain mastery over using those pots that you own.

http://www.kyarazen.com/articles/secret ... g-teapots/
kyarazen

Re: Kyarazen on Tea/Incense.

Postby William » Jun 15th, '14, 15:48

Nice and interesting article. Thanks for sharing! :D
William

Postby ChinesePottery » Jun 17th, '14, 07:33

I like your style.
ChinesePottery

Postby Teaism » Jun 17th, '14, 09:14

Well done! Great article and I am very happy that now at least the future tea culture in Singapore is secured. We now have a young and talented incense and tea master to continue the culture. Many eastern cultures have been lost here since the last few decades but there are an emerging group of young talented and passionate people like you that give hope to the revival of the culture. Some of your friends I met has similar passions. And now you are the leader and the master to lead the way. I look forward to the resurgence of this culture like in the 80s where tea culture is in abundance. Those days were the great days and I look forward to your generation to bring it back!

Bravo!

Cheers! :D
Teaism

Postby bonescwa » Jun 17th, '14, 09:51

Great article. This is the kind of detailed, practical information that has been so lacking in online writing about tea.
bonescwa

Postby puyuan » Jun 17th, '14, 23:31

Superb article, thank you for sharing. And, if the book is entirely not possible, may I suggest you cover the rest or some of its intended topics in other outlines like this one? I was particularly interested when you mentioned translating lesser known sources on gongfu technique in the other thread. I would gladly offer my help with those, but my chinese wouldn't be enough for this sort of document, I'm afraid. Just a suggestion, as I'm sure loads of people would benefit from this data.
puyuan

Postby kyarazen » Jun 20th, '14, 09:54

you flatter me too much! It was only possible to consolidate and re-rationalize all these knowledge with the inspirations and the kind generosities of many tea lovers, including you and Mr E, in sharing knowledge and experiences

Just like mainland china had its resurgences from early 2000s, I too, hope for a resurgence here. one of the biggest challenge in the near future is securing good tea, preserving "heritage", and weeding out mis-informations

Teaism wrote:Well done! Great article and I am very happy that now at least the future tea culture in Singapore is secured. We now have a young and talented incense and tea master to continue the culture. Many eastern cultures have been lost here since the last few decades but there are an emerging group of young talented and passionate people like you that give hope to the revival of the culture. Some of your friends I met has similar passions. And now you are the leader and the master to lead the way. I look forward to the resurgence of this culture like in the 80s where tea culture is in abundance. Those days were the great days and I look forward to your generation to bring it back!

Bravo!

kyarazen

Postby Teaism » Jun 21st, '14, 00:13

You are too humble.

We are learning a lot from your recent research and articles. Old tea drinker like us has too many presumptions and old habits. Our taste buds are numb and our hands are slow. Many of us went into hiatus to enjoy the tea quietly and emerge only recently because there sign of interest by younger generation. What we know may be outdated although our group still approach tea relentlessly and your scientific approach definitely enlighten us. Keep up the good work!

Sadly, the future of the tea culture here in Singapore has also most gone. Our most precious old tea are taken to Hong Kong and Taiwan bought for a song because it was not appreciated here.

Notwithstanding, it is not too late. There is a big group of younger generation tea drinker here now. I met a guy in early 20s and he travelled and stayed in Yunnan and many tea region in China for 2 years to learn tea. It is really an unprecedented milestone and an encouraging sign. The wonderful part about tea is there is not structured level of knowledge and experience, the old can learn from the young and vice versa.

I definitely hope this is the sign of the emergence of tea culture here. In the 70s, 80s and 90s tea culture is really very robust and would be wonderful to see its revival with the commitment and passion of younger generation and passionate and knowledgeable tea hobbyist like you. China has already retained what has been lost in this culture and they are pushing forward.

On good materials, it is not too difficult. It is only the current pricing and there is no point chasing the market. With knowledge, there are still a lot of good stuff out there, just search patiently.

Hmmmm...a long private discussion over public forum, perhaps a nice tea session to continue this nice conversation...

kyarazen wrote:you flatter me too much! It was only possible to consolidate and re-rationalize all these knowledge with the inspirations and the kind generosities of many tea lovers, including you and Mr E, in sharing knowledge and experiences

Just like mainland china had its resurgences from early 2000s, I too, hope for a resurgence here. one of the biggest challenge in the near future is securing good tea, preserving "heritage", and weeding out mis-informations

Teaism wrote:Well done! Great article and I am very happy that now at least the future tea culture in Singapore is secured. We now have a young and talented incense and tea master to continue the culture. Many eastern cultures have been lost here since the last few decades but there are an emerging group of young talented and passionate people like you that give hope to the revival of the culture. Some of your friends I met has similar passions. And now you are the leader and the master to lead the way. I look forward to the resurgence of this culture like in the 80s where tea culture is in abundance. Those days were the great days and I look forward to your generation to bring it back!

Bravo!

Teaism

Postby kyarazen » Jun 22nd, '14, 15:21

Sure! always a pleasure to have tea at your place, perhaps one of the sundays after your return from malaysia

Teaism wrote:Notwithstanding, it is not too late. There is a big group of younger generation tea drinker here now. I met a guy in early 20s and he travelled and stayed in Yunnan and many tea region in China for 2 years to learn tea. It is really an unprecedented milestone and an encouraging sign. The wonderful part about tea is there is not structured level of knowledge and experience, the old can learn from the young and vice versa.

I definitely hope this is the sign of the emergence of tea culture here. In the 70s, 80s and 90s tea culture is really very robust and would be wonderful to see its revival with the commitment and passion of younger generation and passionate and knowledgeable tea hobbyist like you. China has already retained what has been lost in this culture and they are pushing forward.

On good materials, it is not too difficult. It is only the current pricing and there is no point chasing the market. With knowledge, there are still a lot of good stuff out there, just search patiently.

Hmmmm...a long private discussion over public forum, perhaps a nice tea session to continue this nice conversation...

kyarazen

Postby kyarazen » Jun 22nd, '14, 15:22

Just another load of late night rambling.. now it took me 3 hours instead..

but some thoughts on tea and the seasons, and what aging does to tea.

http://www.kyarazen.com/articles/secret ... ons-aging/

forgive any spelling mistakes or some incoherence, sometimes i write in point form before expanding out the text and there are sections that i miss :oops:
kyarazen

Instant Messenger

Permissions