Pre Cured Gourd?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Nov 15th, '10, 00:48

Pre Cured Gourd?

by plant partaker » Nov 15th, '10, 00:48

Is there anywhere that sales pre cured gourds? I have seen many gourds on several websites, but I was hoping I could find one that has already been cured. If anyone has one they don't need or if they know where I can find one already cured, let me know. Also, any advice on yerba tea bags will be helpful as well.

Nov 22nd, '10, 01:13

Re: Pre Cured Gourd?

by matcha/mate.enthusia » Nov 22nd, '10, 01:13

I have a bit of advice on both pre-cured gourds and yerba mate bags. Pre-cured gourds, it seems, can be purchased at http://www.mymateworld.com. I have not personally purchased anything from there, just discovered the gourds while browsing. There are some fairly cheap pre-cured gourds as well, and instructions on using them.

As for yerba mate 'tea'bags, I would recommend Guayaki brand bags as they are likely the most accessible--your local grocery store probably carries them (I know, for instance, that King Soopers does), doing away with the rather expensive shipping and handling charge incurred from purchasing them online. I assume that by 'advice on yerba bags' you meant advice on obtaining them (?) If not, disregard this paragraph. If you would prefer a different/higher quality brand than Guayaki, shop around online. There are plenty of places with such products around.

Nov 22nd, '10, 14:26

Re: Pre Cured Gourd?

by plant partaker » Nov 22nd, '10, 14:26

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to inquire of brands and the characteristics of them. I picked up some cruz de malta and rosamonte seleccion especial. I have tried the cruz de malta and I really like it. I also picked up some yerba from mate factor.com. Their yerba is not aged or smoked and it ha smore of a green flavor than a woody tobacco like flavor the cruz de malta had. There both good. I have yet to try the rosamonte seleccion especial but alot of people said it is their favorite. these teas are all loose leaf.

+ Post Reply