What herbal tea are you drinking today?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Postby bonescwa » Aug 7th, '14, 15:44

The "fancier" grocery stores typically have them and almost NOTHING is reasonably priced there. Just cheaper, what was considered to be poor people food is much more expensive now because rich people who know nothing about the value of things blow money on them. Kind of like what's going on with tea.
bonescwa

Re:

Postby daidokorocha » Aug 9th, '14, 22:13

bonescwa wrote:The "fancier" grocery stores typically have them and almost NOTHING is reasonably priced there. Just cheaper, what was considered to be poor people food is much more expensive now because rich people who know nothing about the value of things blow money on them. Kind of like what's going on with tea.

Perhaps, but I live in a city that has zero grass! I don't really go to "fancier" grocery stores, so I'm not sure the prices, but you can pick them up at grocers like H-Mart in gigantic bundles for something like 50 cents. Taking the train out to the fields or suburbs to trespass on people's properties would surely cost me more than that, even without including the legal fees! I agree with your general sentiment, however, that many things are being marked up due to general fads. That is why I go to places like H-Mart for these things, as these types of vegetables have been part of Korean food culture for centuries and valued properly as such. Remember, a certain type of tea isn't necessarily bad just because Teavana dresses it up in sloganeering and marks it up 200%!
daidokorocha

Re: What herbal tea are you drinking today?

Postby daidokorocha » Aug 16th, '14, 21:37

My amacha arrived today and phew... is this stuff sweet. Delicious, but in the future I'll go with that one leaf rule set forth by debunix. I put something like five leaves in and I'm still going on 5+ 16 oz.steeps with no signs of weakening flavor after two initial 8 oz cups. Wow.
daidokorocha

Re: What herbal tea are you drinking today?

Postby debunix » Aug 16th, '14, 22:22

It is powerful stuff!
debunix

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions