Chamomile & Lavender

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Chamomile & Lavender

Postby jayinhk » Mar 14th, '14, 14:42

I recently bought a pound of each (organic) to see if it would help with the low-level anxiety I almost always have to contend with. Well, it's worked an absolute treat. I've never felt better, and it puts me to sleep too. Highly recommended.
jayinhk

Re: Chamomile & Lavender

Postby debunix » Mar 14th, '14, 16:41

Do you brew them together, or alternate, one at a time?

I've never used lavender in my tea, but I do use it in cooking, and have a lavender plant that it would be nice to make more use of.
debunix

Postby jayinhk » Mar 15th, '14, 01:42

I brew them individually, but for the last few days, together. Lavender tea is great--you should absolutely try it!
jayinhk

Postby William » Mar 15th, '14, 07:08

Sometimes, I like to drink this chamomile, which is quite popular here in Italy, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamaemelum_nobile). I find it delicious!
William

Postby jayinhk » Mar 15th, '14, 07:24

Interesting William, this is the species I use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matricaria_chamomilla

I'd like to try the nobile at some point. :)
jayinhk

Postby mr.me » Mar 27th, '14, 15:47

I love chamomile and also think it is helpful for anixety. I'm trying to grow some, but the plants keep dying. The lavender I imagine is pretty good as I really like lavender ice cream. I will have to try it as a tea and I hope to grow it as well.

How many cups a day do you have? Is the calming effect intensified by having both instead of one or the other?
mr.me

Postby jayinhk » Mar 27th, '14, 16:17

I can't tell if they have a synergistic effect (I only tried the lavender by itself one time before I started mixing in chamomile) but they work VERY well. Recently I've upped the amount I use and the effects have been incredible. I'm hoping I don't develop a tolerance to them.

I drink one good cup in the morning (about 2 tablespoons of each in 350ml of water), followed by a strong cup of coffee. It works for me!
jayinhk

Postby daidokorocha » Jul 30th, '14, 20:47

I actually blend these two together myself and I find it to be an intoxicating cup. I really love lavender and I use it to make smoothies, tea and such as well as steam it with rice, use it when cooking desserts, etc. Sometimes when my nday of tea is over I like to make a very light lavender herbal that is only 2 oz or so in order to refresh from the day. Something about the clear liquid with the slight floral scent in my beautiful cups puts me into a lull and gets be prepared for sleeping.
daidokorocha

Instant Messenger

Permissions