chef07172: Wtb pu-erh

"Retired" Swaps SubForum

Jul 23rd, '11, 01:47

chef07172: Wtb pu-erh

by chef07172 » Jul 23rd, '11, 01:47

I am looking to get more into pu-erh and would love the opportunity to purchase some to try at good prices.

Jul 23rd, '11, 03:27

Re: chef07172: Wtb pu-erh

by auhckw » Jul 23rd, '11, 03:27

chef07172 wrote:I am looking to get more into pu-erh and would love the opportunity to purchase some to try at good prices.
It would be good that you can share with us what is your taste preference before people could suggest? What Pu have you tried before? What do you like?

Young Raw
Mid Term Raw
Aged Raw
Young Ripe
Mid Term Ripe
Aged Ripe
Light
Strong
Mild
Kick
Dry Storage
Wet Storage
Smoky
Bitter
Sweet
Flowerish
Nutty
Minty
Woody
Camphor
Lotus
Plum
Orchid
Moldy
Cockroachy
Fishy

Price is also something very depended on one person's affordability. How much are you willing to spend? There are Pu as cheap as USD1.6 and expensive as USD30k per beeng :mrgreen:

Anyway, in the near future I plan to compile in samples, some of the taste above and do a TeaSwap so that people could try and sample them. But for now, you can try the Liu-Pao I have started in TeaSwap.

Liu-Pao is not Puerh but they are very similar in terms of taste and can be aged. Some people who have years of drinking experience can also get confused over them as Ripe Pu or Aged Raw Pu. Same like some Pu, it may not be a love on first taste. You need to sample few times before you conclude. It is an acquired taste. It is either you like or don't.

Another way I can help you is you can go the the thread
-Pu of the day
-Show off your Pu!!!!!!!
and let me know which pu you are interested that I have tried or bought.

Good luck... hahaha... there are just too many :lol:

Jul 23rd, '11, 12:56

Re: chef07172: Wtb pu-erh

by chef07172 » Jul 23rd, '11, 12:56

I have only tried 5 ppu-erh teas. 3 I found locally. one ripe, one raw, and on no one can identify so not sure. Tried aYou Zi Cha Pomelo Pu-erh and really enjoyed it. Price point would be around 20.00 or less per including shipping to start off the venture.