May 4th, '13, 00:43

Aleksei; SOLD: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

by Aleksei » May 4th, '13, 00:43

The pot and box are both in excellent condition, and the pot/strainer was never used, only displayed.
Asking for 50 dollars with free UPS ground shipping with tracking number.
20oz

This is a modern pot bought from Teavana in 2009.

Last edited by Aleksei on Jun 17th, '13, 06:22, edited 2 times in total.

May 4th, '13, 01:24

Re: Aleksei; OFFER: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

by Maitre_Tea » May 4th, '13, 01:24

Do you have any more information about this pot? Where did you get it? Is it something old or modern?

May 4th, '13, 12:59

Aleksei; OFFER: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

by Exempt » May 4th, '13, 12:59

May 8th, '13, 20:23

by Hannah » May 8th, '13, 20:23

"bought from Teavana in 2009."

So I'm guessing this wouldn't be genuine clay? or do teavana actually stock genuine yixing?

May 9th, '13, 19:50

by Exempt » May 9th, '13, 19:50

Hannah wrote:"bought from Teavana in 2009."

So I'm guessing this wouldn't be genuine clay? or do teavana actually stock genuine yixing?
I came to the same assumption

May 9th, '13, 21:15

by Aleksei » May 9th, '13, 21:15

I know that they are imported from China, there is a sticker near the maker's stamp that says hand made in China, and their website also says that the clay comes from a certain region. However, I can't confirm that it is or isn't genuine clay otherwise. I have never used the pot itself, it was displayed.

May 12th, '13, 13:40
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » May 12th, '13, 13:40

You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Once I sold a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used) on my ebay account, started with $0.99 and thought it would go for about $20 (the market price on ebay for non-extraordinary cast iron teapot, 3 years ago). It was sold for something like $80, and was a bidding battle between several people :shock: I was so jealous! :cry: At that time, I sold quite a few good (non-Teavana) teapots for less than $20 on ebay.

May 12th, '13, 16:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 12th, '13, 16:15

gingkoseto wrote:You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Once I sold a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used) on my ebay account, started with $0.99 and thought it would go for about $20 (the market price on ebay for non-extraordinary cast iron teapot, 3 years ago). It was sold for something like $80, and was a bidding battle between several people :shock: I was so jealous! :cry: At that time, I sold quite a few good (non-Teavana) teapots for less than $20 on ebay.
That is interesting. Westerners like or even prefer "name brands" even if they are crap. :roll: I did not think that would carry over to Teavana brand items. :!:

May 13th, '13, 13:21

by Evan Draper » May 13th, '13, 13:21

gingkoseto wrote: a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used)
Teavana salespeople make a big deal about their pots acquiring a patina, such that "you can put hot water in them after a while and it will come out tea!" So anyone looking for a teavana pot on ebay probably thinks it has magically acquired a legendary, tea-generating patina after a few uses, making it much more valuable, never mind that an enamel-coated "tetsubin" is not doing much, patina-wise. Make sure you insinuate your pot is well-used! :lol:

Jun 17th, '13, 06:21

by Aleksei » Jun 17th, '13, 06:21

gingkoseto wrote:You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Thanks for the suggestion, I put it on ebay and sold it to someone living in the next town over for 20 dollars, the pot was worth at least 40 IMO.