May 1st, '08, 02:44

by tenuki » May 1st, '08, 02:44

last 15 minutes!
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 1st, '08, 09:33

How about some Liu An?

by ck2998 » May 1st, '08, 09:33

I would like to offer 10g of aged Liu An from 1958.
Vintage tea for vintage literature.

May 3rd, '08, 16:10

by tenuki » May 3rd, '08, 16:10

Contest Closed - end of month is past - winner to be announced soon
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 7th, '08, 03:48

We have a Winner!

by tenuki » May 7th, '08, 03:48

Ok, it's taken me a long time to make up my mind, and to be honest in the end I had to flip a coin several times to trick my inner tenuki into revealing the winner. All of these offers were really good ones, it was hard to choose and it could have gone any way.

But first a quick response to each of the contestants.

Wesli - first out of the gate, extra points for exactly 50 words ( I counted the contraction as 2 and the smiley face hoping to push you over... ;) ). excellent offer too, I have yet to drink a gunpowder I truly liked, but I've always suspected one is out there. Points for a good backstory 'my first loose tea' too. But... I did a search for gunpowder wesli in teachat, found your post and have your source. sorry, you got nothin I can't order myself... ;P

Beido - funniest post, and yes, again exactly 50 words. I'm amazed. Unforunately I would probably pay to _not_ drink that tea. you are right, worst offer and I don't deal with terrorists as a matter of policy. but funny, thanks for playing.

olivierco - nice not-offer, over the 50 word limit too. breaking all the rules, you are a wild one! your not-offer not-wins.

ABx - 50 words, what is it with you people, not content with anything but the MAX. oh, man, you said magic words, aged oolong.... points for that and I like the pots too. Solid offer. I see you live in Portland and 'pick these up locally', I've been planning a tea trip down there. Portland is big, maybe I can buy you a cup of tea and talk you out of your sources instead. :)

Salsero - You keep talking, but no offer, what's up with that...

Pentox - omg 50 samples, 50 dollar value, 50g bag, but.. 49 words. almost you had the quadfecta. Is it deliberate, is there some subtle sign, is there an invisible word in there that changes everything? Another amazing offer ripe with conspiracy theories to keep it interesting.

Katrina - 43 words, thank you for not MAXing it out. Moderation in everything, especially moderation. Local vendors, cool. Good offer from a great town.

Carnelian - 37 words woohoo, ever better, and you are tempting me with my second largest weakness - books. hmn, good offer.

ck2998 - too late. :( great offer well made. I love cleverness and brevity. I'm tempted to give you the win anyway, but it wouldn't be fair.

---

And the winner by hairline margin ( Abe Lincon's hairline to be exact ) over Pentox, ABx and Carnelian's fine offers is....

Katrina! From one voracious reader to another. :) Besides, I have no idea what Tea a la Marrakesh from Licorice & Sloe is, sounds weird enough.
Last edited by tenuki on May 7th, '08, 04:10, edited 2 times in total.

May 7th, '08, 04:07

by olivierco » May 7th, '08, 04:07

It was a nice contest, fun to not-participate in, fun to read all the posts and very instructive!

May 7th, '08, 06:56

by henley » May 7th, '08, 06:56

Congrats, Katrina!!! Tenuki, this contest was fun to watch. Great idea!

Carnelian wrote:My offer is another tea book, The Etiquette of an English Tea, which is a small pocket-sized book full of tea history...
Carnelian, since you didn't win, I'd be interested in buying/trading for your book. Since I collect English girly teaware (as someone loves to call it :P ), this book is perfect to go w/my collection.

May 7th, '08, 07:32

by Carnelian » May 7th, '08, 07:32

henley wrote:Congrats, Katrina!!! Tenuki, this contest was fun to watch. Great idea!

Carnelian wrote:My offer is another tea book, The Etiquette of an English Tea, which is a small pocket-sized book full of tea history...
Carnelian, since you didn't win, I'd be interested in buying/trading for your book. Since I collect English girly teaware (as someone loves to call it :P ), this book is perfect to go w/my collection.
Feel free to PM me an offer
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 7th, '08, 09:17
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: We have a Winner!

by Salsero » May 7th, '08, 09:17

tenuki wrote:Salsero - You keep talking, but no offer, what's up with that...
Big mouth ... fear of being ignored. No cojones when it's time to ante up. :lol:

May 7th, '08, 12:58

by Katrina » May 7th, '08, 12:58

"They like me! They really like me!"

May 7th, '08, 18:09

by Pentox » May 7th, '08, 18:09

Grats Katrina!

Good luck finding the 50th word tenuki. It's there or isn't it? Maybe that's what the book was going to fill in! Maybe it's there and you just can't find it!