NOTTI 3 2013 Summer Fuka(chu)mushi Bash

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

NOTTI 3 2013 Summer Fuka(chu)mushi Bash

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 21:42

Greetings TeaFriends,

This NOTTI Round 3 2013 Summer Fukamushi Bash features 5 truly incredible Fukamushi (leaning towards Chumushi) selections.

For brief explanation of what NOTTI is (versus OTTI, NOTTI is NOT an OTTI), see here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=17639

BTW, next NOTTI round will feature Asamushi! This is in the works already, just a few weeks away!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: NOTTI 3 2013 Summer Fuka(chu)mushi Bash

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 21:43

NOTTI 3 will feature 5 2013 Fukamushi (leaning towards Chumushi) selections from Shizuoka … OK so what is so interesting about that you may ask? Aside from saying, "I reallllly like these selections," let me tell you …

These selections are generally "unobtainium" outside of NOTTI. This round will feature several cultivar selections not normally seen in Shizuoka and/or very rarely. Plus one exceptional Hashiri. And an encore of Tenjo from NOTTI 1. Rarity is NOT the most important criteria used in selecting for NOTTI, the selections must be exceptional!!!

It goes without saying, supplies are very limited, first come, first served!

Here is the line-up.

1.Asatsuyu (Morning Dew) is not a particularly uncommon cultivar in Kagoshima, but I have never seen it produced up north in Shizuoka. The result is guaranteed to be very different. This is a premium selection and extremely limited, produced by a single farmer and total production was only 5 kilograms! This one is completely off the radar and should not be missed. Chu-fukamushi. 17.75 USD per 50 grams.

2.Sae Midori (Bright Green) … OK we have heard of this cultivar quite a bit … again from Kagoshima. But I have never seen it coming from Shizuoka until last year’s WTE in Vegas. It was fantastic, but it was too pricey. Fortunately the price is lowered for 2013! I chose a better grade than what I sampled last year, but at a lower cost! SWOOP!

I should say here, I am not exactly a huge fan of Kagoshima Sae Midori (it is really good, but I just do not do cartwheels over it), but this blew me away, it was nothing like Sae Midori from Kagoshima, exhibiting much more flavor, higher notes, and character. I guarantee you will agree! Chu-fukamushi. There were several grades, I chose the best Super premium selection! 17.75 USD per 50 grams.

3.Tsuyu Hikari (Shining Dew) I have seen this clone offered by one other vendor, tried it and liked it. This is a super premium selection but really different from the other one I tried. Brewed lighter, the clone is known for subtle aroma and scent giving hints of cherry blossom (think clone 7132). However as I brewed it ... stronger and man, WOW. This one really shocked me!!! I chose the highest grade available. Chu-fukamushi. 17.75 USD per 50 grams.

4. Hashiri. This Hashiri is a "traditional" very early hand-picking noted for very fresh taste and aroma. This selection is Yabukita and is a premium selection not offered by anyone else. Chu-fukamushi. 15.75 USD per 50 grams.

5. Tenjo. Last but surely not least, an encore from NOTTI 1 that will surely please!!! Chu-fukamushi. Premium grade. 16.75 USD per 50 grams

Remember, the goal of NOTTI is to provide members special offerings that are unique, different, exceptional … and at special pricing representing a great opportunity to try some great and otherwise “unobtainium” selections. Pricing is set to NOT lose money (obviously NOTTI cannot lose money since it is a non funded, non sponsored program ... and teas are purchased with my personal funds), and to make a very tiny, marginal profit. As with OTTI, any profits from NOTTI will accumulate throughout 2013 and be donated to a charitable cause (hopefully somehow tea related).

Stay TeaThirsty my friends,

Chip

PS: next round is planned to feature Asamushi!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 21:44

Ordering and Shipping.

NOTTI will be shipped in a box via Prioity Mail to USA participants. Teas to USA will be shipped USPS Priority Mail for $7 for up to 200 grams of tea. $8 for more.

International for up to 200 grams will be shipped First Class Parcel. 8.75 USD for Canada and 10.75 for Europe and 12.75 for all other including interplanetary. :) Add 1 USD for each 50-100 additional grams.

Overages of more than a dollar will be refunded to you.

In order to participate, you must choose at least 2 different selections. Selections each come in 50 gram resealable foil bags which is nice, you do not have to commit to 100 grams per selection ... but as usual you can request 2X for any selections! Please list selections you want (at least 2 selections, but you can request all 5).

Upon receiving your "requests," I will reply with confirmation, shipping, and payment information. You can request 2X, but as usual this will be contingent upon others getting at least 1X.

Send your reply to teachatmoderator@yahoo.com

Please provide/confirm the usual information even if you have provided this info in the past.

Your TeaChat name
Your name
Shipping address
Outside USA, please include your phone number for customs
Your paypal email
Your selections AND exactly which weight option you want!

I will then reply with confirmation along with payment info.

OK, hope you can join us at the NOTTI Table!. Post or email/PM any questions you may have.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 21:45

Specific brewing suggestions will be posted here ... not only will the tea sing ... you will too! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 21:46

This NOTTI will go live ... NOW! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby victoria3 » Jul 15th, '13, 23:46

Great selections Chip. Thank You. I'm really looking forward to trying these select shinchas.
victoria3

Postby Chip » Jul 15th, '13, 23:51

victoria3 wrote:Great selections Chip. Thank You. I'm really looking forward to trying these select shinchas.

Thank you.

Although I usually do not get too into ranking individual teas, I have to say of these 5, 3 are in my personal top 7 Shincha sampled this year!!! I had sampled 22 Shincha this year. :!: :mrgreen: :arrow:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 19th, '13, 11:47

There are still plenty of seats available for this NOTTI round.

I am really enjoying these selections and hope you will take the opp to enjoy them as well! Every day I am brewing up 2 selections. I am blown away by the aromas and flavor profiles.

Soooo, please sign up today. Otherwise I will get "stuck" with lots of great sencha! :mrgreen: Not that that would be too bad a thing, but I can only drink so much w/o developing green skin tone. :mrgreen: Looks like it is too late. :mrgreen:

In order to prevent this from happening, a Shincha sale is in order. Order all 5 and receive 10% off.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby BioHorn » Jul 19th, '13, 22:32

Chip wrote:There are still plenty of seats available for this NOTTI round.

I am really enjoying these selections and hope you will take the opp to enjoy them as well! Every day I am brewing up 2 selections. I am blown away by the aromas and flavor profiles.

Soooo, please sign up today. Otherwise I will get "stuck" with lots of great sencha! :mrgreen: Not that that would be too bad a thing, but I can only drink so much w/o developing green skin tone. :mrgreen: Looks like it is too late. :mrgreen:

In order to prevent this from happening, a Shincha sale is in order. Order all 5 and receive 10% off.

10% sale?
Now that is a bargain! And in time for summer cool brews!
BioHorn

Postby AdamMY » Oct 6th, '13, 16:24

On a roll today, Shincha time with Hashiri from the NOTTI.

Hatshiri Shincha by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
AdamMY

Instant Messenger

Permissions