OTTI "OLD" Begin here!

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Begin here!

Postby Chip » May 17th, '10, 14:16

brian wrote:Great idea Chip! As I'm still just a tea beginner, something like this would give me the opportunity to be getting the same tea, at the same time, as some of the more experienced TCers. So not only an opportunity to try some new things, but also get some advice on how to brew, what to look for in the tea, etc. Bring it on!

Thanks, and yes, sharing the tasting experience will be a big part of this ... I hope. Though there is not an obligation to post regarding individual's tastings.

Janine wrote:Question about Paypal: I don' t have a Paypal account, but we can use credit cards with the system, right?

Very good question. I know there is a way to do this, though I have not done it. Of course you could easily sign up for a paypal.com account :mrgreen: :idea:

It is so easy, even a teaman in a teacave can do it ... :lol:

Proinsias wrote:Yay, nice one Chip.
Been a good while since I done an online tasting.

Thank you kindly!

horsencl wrote:Count me in :D

Will do, stay tuned for the actual "Round."

geeber1 wrote:Sounds like fun!

I agree.

Rithmoma... wrote:This sounds great! Is there a limit to how many can participate? I don't want to miss out!

Yes, there will be limits. Most definitely. I hope to get more in tune with how much is needed as we go, but the last thing I want it to have tooooo much. :mrgreen:

Dresden wrote:This is a really really cool idea... :mrgreen:

I think this may help develop my palate because I will be able to see what others taste in the same leaf!!!

Exactly! :idea:

laura99 wrote:Sounds great! This should be a good learning experience for someone new to tea like myself.

I definitely hope it will be. The first goal is to enable members to try new teas that they might not have the opp to otherwise. Exanding our horizons in the process. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby TubbyCow » May 17th, '10, 16:37

Ah, so exciting!

And just when I was starting to think I was going to be able to cut back a bit on the amount I spend on tea... Thank goodness you rescued me from that nightmare.
TubbyCow

Postby leiche2 » May 17th, '10, 17:15

Eeeexcellent.
leiche2

Postby brlarson » May 17th, '10, 18:38

Count me in! Group tastings sounds like fun.

Bruce
brlarson

Postby Chip » May 17th, '10, 22:45

OK, another tid bit preview. I have already modified initial plans. :shock: But it is allll good!

Initially I was going to place all the choices into Round 1, but the modified plans make more sense I think.

Sooo ... here is just a preview!!! I will post a new topic for each of the below rounds!

Round 1: ShinCHAAAA! There will be an excellent selection of new harvest 2010 Sencha to choose from. Some of these are even new to me!

Round 2: Whites, Silver Needles to be precise ... a selection of gems.

Round 3: Oolongs, a selection including some from Adagio's Master Series.

These will likely run concurrently!!! So stay tuned to OTTI for more info. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby qiao2zhi4 » May 18th, '10, 04:12

ready, steady, shincha!
:D
qiao2zhi4

Postby Amaikokonut » May 18th, '10, 08:06

Oooh this does sound exciting! What a nice way to try lots of different teas, and in a group setting too! This should be a lot of fun :)
Amaikokonut

Postby mbishop » May 18th, '10, 13:31

So the price is just to cover the shipping?
mbishop

Postby Chip » May 18th, '10, 14:08

TubbyCow wrote:Ah, so exciting!

And just when I was starting to think I was going to be able to cut back a bit on the amount I spend on tea... Thank goodness you rescued me from that nightmare.

So glad I could assist! :mrgreen:

leiche2 wrote:Eeeexcellent.

+1! :mrgreen:

brlarson wrote:Count me in! Group tastings sounds like fun.

Bruce

+1 again! :mrgreen:

qiao2zhi4 wrote:ready, steady, shincha!
:D

Yeah, sooooo ready! :mrgreen:

Amaikoko... wrote:Oooh this does sound exciting! What a nice way to try lots of different teas, and in a group setting too! This should be a lot of fun :)

I could not agree more! :mrgreen:

mbishop wrote:So the price is just to cover the shipping?

... and packaging ... and whatever expense is associated with OTTI-s ... the costs will fluctuate but my goal is to offer the OTTI-s at a low cost to members on a consistant basis.

The packaging might be a bit :mrgreen: rough :mrgreen: the first several rounds til supplies begin to arrive. This is not bankrolled by anyone ... for now.

This will be GOOD tea.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Dresden » May 18th, '10, 15:14

This is quite possibly the thread of the year.... And it's just May! :shock:
Dresden

Postby rabbit » May 18th, '10, 15:27

w00t! It reminds me of the tea-box thing on steepster, where they have a box of dif. teas, and it's sent to the first person on the list, that person takes 1 or 2 teas and replaces them with 1 or 2 teas of the same or better quality, and sends the box to the next person on the list.
rabbit

Postby JRS22 » May 18th, '10, 15:36

I hope there's enough to go around. I'm so looking forward to the shincha and silver needles - and I'm not "connected" when I'm away from home.
JRS22

Postby Chip » May 18th, '10, 23:57

Dresden wrote:This is quite possibly the thread of the year.... And it's just May! :shock:

*humbly bows*

rabbit wrote:w00t! It reminds me of the tea-box thing on steepster, where they have a box of dif. teas, and it's sent to the first person on the list, that person takes 1 or 2 teas and replaces them with 1 or 2 teas of the same or better quality, and sends the box to the next person on the list.

Well, not really. These will be all new teas from various vendors distributed from a single location. :mrgreen:

JRS22 wrote:I hope there's enough to go around. I'm so looking forward to the shincha and silver needles - and I'm not "connected" when I'm away from home.

Do not leave home! :mrgreen: I hope you can join us!

Well, this is all still coming together, I have no idea what to expect til I open 'em up.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Ebtoulson » May 19th, '10, 01:03

Great idea. I'm definitely going to have to join in on this later this year... when I have time and a new paypal account.

Hopefully there will be some nice pics or even videos of tea tastings :D.
Ebtoulson

Postby rabbit » May 19th, '10, 07:41

lol! People hear about new tea and they get all giddy! :lol: I LOVE IT!!!
rabbit

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions