OTTI Round Schedules

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby the_skua » May 28th, '10, 08:43

What are the ship dates for these rounds?
the_skua

Postby Chip » May 28th, '10, 12:38

the_skua wrote:What are the ship dates for these rounds?

Everything is either in cold storage or sealed bags, Except one that is scheduled to arrive today and one more enroute.

Now comes the hard ... er I mean fun part. LOTS of samples to bag up. :shock: I am shooting for early to mid week. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 16th, '10, 22:16

... :lol: still finishing up the packing on everything for Rounds 1,2,3 which will all go out this week!

... buttttt, everything already arrived for Round 4. I will say this much ... it will be a Shincha Encore. Look for details soooon! Everything is already in the TeaFridge.

Round 5 and beyond is completely up in the air, so please feel free to offer suggestions in the OTTI Begin Here topic ... http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12988
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Marco » Jun 17th, '10, 05:58

Chip wrote:... buttttt, everything already arrived for Round 4. I will say this much ... it will be a Shincha Encore. Look for details soooon! Everything is already in the TeaFridge.

Round 5 and beyond is completely up in the air, so please feel free to offer suggestions in the OTTI Begin Here topic ... http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12988

I thought gyokuro has been already set ;)
Hope you do not close the board before end of next week - will be abroad for some days :)
Marco

Postby Chip » Jun 17th, '10, 12:40

Marco wrote:
Chip wrote:... buttttt, everything already arrived for Round 4. I will say this much ... it will be a Shincha Encore. Look for details soooon! Everything is already in the TeaFridge.

I thought gyokuro has been already set ;)
Hope you do not close the board before end of next week - will be abroad for some days :)

The only thing set is that there will be a Gyokuro OTTI. This one will be a real challenge.

#4 will be officially posted in about a week. So check in as soon as possible.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Dresden » Jun 17th, '10, 12:57

I just heard Chip updated his TeaFridge to handle the OTTIs... Pic to follow!

Dresden

Postby JRS22 » Jun 17th, '10, 17:34

Marco wrote:
Chip wrote:I thought gyokuro has been already set ;)

The only thing set is that there will be a Gyokuro OTTI. This one will be a real challenge.

If the money outlay is the issue, then after you plan the Gyokuro OTTI you could ask people to prepay before you actually order the tea.
JRS22

Postby Chip » Jun 17th, '10, 18:00

Dresden wrote:I just heard Chip updated his TeaFridge to handle the OTTIs... Pic to follow!

Yeah, and overhead just went way up as costs too. :twisted: :lol:

JRS22 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Chip wrote:I thought gyokuro has been already set ;)

If the money outlay is the issue, then after you plan the Gyokuro OTTI you could ask people to prepay before you actually order the tea.

Gyokuro is extremely variable in every facet, from taste to cost. It will be a helluvaOTTI.

Prepay is an option.

I created an OTTI suggestion topic ... so, moving the conversation over there. http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13247
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Dresden » Jun 18th, '10, 13:10

Chip,

Mind if I ask what kind of turnout you had for these initial rounds? Just curious what kind of participation rate there is.

Thanks,
Mike
Dresden

Postby Chip » Jun 19th, '10, 01:19

I think averaging around 25 per OTTI. Round 4 will be more limited due to limited leaf ... I will have to limit it to 15-20 ...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby puerhking » Jun 19th, '10, 12:37

Chip wrote:I think averaging around 25 per OTTI. Round 4 will be more limited due to limited leaf ... I will have to limit it to 15-20 ...

Wow....thats a lot of work...about 75 sample sets to send out. Yeah three OTTI's at once is a bit much!
puerhking

Postby Mrs. Chip » Jun 19th, '10, 12:42

puerhking wrote:
Chip wrote:I think averaging around 25 per OTTI. Round 4 will be more limited due to limited leaf ... I will have to limit it to 15-20 ...

Wow....thats a lot of work...about 75 sample sets to send out. Yeah three OTTI's at once is a bit much!

Tell me about it, instead of sheep, I am still counting and recounting tea samples in my sleep! :)
Mrs. Chip

Postby rabbit » Jun 20th, '10, 10:07

w00t w00t! I'm a happy bunny!
rabbit

Postby kymidwife » Jun 20th, '10, 17:02

Sitting here, looking at my OTTI shincha and silver needles, trying to decide where to begin!
kymidwife

Postby Chip » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:37

Well, the first 3 rounds have for the most part made their way to participants.

I am actually sitting on Round 4 (safely sealed up and in the TeaFridge ... but calling my name!), Shincha Encore which consists of 5 new shincha. I have decided to go ahead and officially post it in 3-4 days versus holding onto them simply because we are on the heels of Rounds 1,2,3.

So, keep your eyes on OTTI for the new official topic. This will be rather limited. Everyone will get the same 5 new Shincha, and there will be an early bird bonus. (Masters of Oolong and the last Shincha OTTI-s, everyone got a bonus, probably not happening this time).

I will post the release info today or tonight.
Chip
Mod/Admin

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions